1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Butterfingers, Oct 13, 2007.

Tags:
?

What would you rate Bill's performance?

1. A+

172 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. A

186 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. B

92 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. C

16 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. D

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. F

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Lets move past ragging on Clyde because we all know how horrible he is and it is getting redundant talking about how bad he is. But what do ya'll think of the guy sitting next to him, Bill Worrell. How would you rate his performance as a play-by-play guy?

Personally I give him an A but i'll vote A+ just because i am a homer.

2. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

B with clyde
    A with bulliard

i think he is too scared to tell clyde that he says too many ridiculous things.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

bill has been doing it for years. i cant imagine anyone else otehr than him. A+

same goes for Gene and Jim. Im gonna miss them next year, and rockets basketball on the radio WILL NEVER BE THE SAME :(

4. Butterfingers

i rarely listened to rockets radio but the guy with the soft deep voice(yes i know its somewhat of a oxymoron) was fun to listen to. I dont think the other one was good iirc.

And Dominator:

You truly must be a fan if you can rate Clyde as high as a B lol.

5. Butterfingers

And let's not forget that the main reason Clyde has a job is because he repeats everything Bill says anyway. Besides the occasional consumate professional mention he just merely copies what Worrel says.

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

no no no, Clyde is a D-. im saying bill is a B with clyde and bill is an A with matt.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

bring back murph.

8. Butterfingers

Oh i see what you're saying. Bullard I dont like too much either but i dont want to rip my ears off at least when i hear him. I guess I would rate him as a C-.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Bill Worrell is still doing a great job with Clyde sitting next to him. You have to give him props for that. He and Murph though were about as good as it gets for a Rockets broadcast.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He's one of those color commentators (no pun intended) that simply comments on the game not analyzing it (even he does do a good job occasionally). Matt Bullard is the only one that truly breaks down the plays

11. IMissJVG

IMissJVG Rookie

Who's worse? Clyde Drexler or Van Chancellor?

Isn't Rudy T still working for the Lakers? If he ever decides to quit doing that, I'd like to give him a shot at color commentating. That guy needs to be working for us regardless.

12. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

VAN CHANCELLOR WAS THE MAN

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I give Bill a B.. or maybe B+. There's always room for improvement

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love Bill Worrell, went to school with him at UH. He is great guy, and does an excellent job. I enjoy is commentary very much. A+

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I love listening to Bill. With League Pass I didn't always get the hometown announcers and lets just say.. there wasn't a lot good to say about the other teams announcers

16. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

You must know how his baseball career went.

Do you know Jaime Hildreth?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I voted 'A' for 'aces'. He's good. In fact he is better as the Rock announcer than he is bad as the 'stro...

Lets get him a good partner...Calvin anyone?

18. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

cynthia cooper was terrible as part of the broadcast team during half time and what not. i couldnt stand her smile. it was as if it was forced. painful to watch.

anyway bill is THE MAN that guy is a HOMER. Even when its an obvious call against the rockets, he will negate it. i love it!

As far as play-by-play. it is nearly flawless. the fact that he is a big time homer, puts him over the top

19. abcdef

abcdef Member

For me the homerism detracts from the commentating. I'd rather have someone just call the game.

I'd rather watch a quality national broadcast, say one by Marv Albert and Hubie Brown.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I am going to cry at the end of the year when Gene Peterson and Jim Foley retire.

Nothing is better than hearing "Backing it in, Backing it in, Backing it in" while driving.