1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Bill Walton" on a Mobile

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRaiderRocket, Nov 18, 2008.

1. RedRaiderRocket

Anyone else think this little segment is hillarious? I always go to sportsradio 610 and listen to the podcast. I didn't know where this belonged since it is all about the Rockets. Just wondering what other people thought of them?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

3. nickthejerk

nickthejerk Member

4. RedRaiderRocket

Before each Rockets game during the week some guy impersonates Bill Walton. It takes place during the drivetime players. Some of the podcasts are still there if you look it up.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

yea its hilarious

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

That whole concept is played out...

610 tries WAY too hard these days.

7. Th3 Drunk Goat

Thats Adam Clanton from the Adam Clanton Experience 10 am to 11am on 610am. He's freakin hilarious, and a true Rocket fan. He's the same guy who did those Jeff Van Gundy impersonations. Here you can listen to em:

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/151267.php

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

lets not forget the rome report preview. which for a long time i thought was really jim rome, until he gave away the local number instead of the 1-800... good stuff adam.

9. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

I happen to think it's a riot, myself ;)

10. HoustonFan4Life

I think it's hilarious and AC is probably the best host on SR610.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Damn, I didn't know AC did them. AC is my favorite Houston sports radio host. His JVG impression is perfect.

12. Ashes

Ashes Member

I dunno, I didn't really find it that funny. I would've found it funnier if the impression was better.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

pure egotism as usual. :p

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You need to move into the morning show and replace Marc or Andre. They are way too focused towards Texans talk and are too apologetic for the franchise. You would breathe some life and fire into the early slot.

BTW, except for maybe Mondays, please always lead off your show with a few minutes of Rockets talk. I like the Texans, but a change of pace is needed after the other show. Keep up the strong commentary and don't hold back.

You and the other Adam are underused resources on 610.

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

"Stackhouse lacks class, Howard smokes grass, and Dampier sucks..umm, let's just leave it there"

pure genius! I'm gonna listen to all of them now.. mad props to AC.. :D

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It got pretty good in the eight oclock hour today with Marc and Andre. They were discussing Stats INC, Jacques Reeves, and how he compares to other Corner Backs. Marc sounded like a punk by saying according to these stats, he's ok. And then Andre had to absolutely b**** slap Marc. Basically, he said that Shaock Reeves doesn't stop WR's when it counts the most, and when it's 3rd and 8th, quarterbacks are looking to throw at him.

But, but, but, but these stats...

I like Marc, but dude is a total Texans apologist.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree Marc seems like a nice guy. But some day AM610 has to figure out what a turnoff he is because he's so averse to being critical. I'll grant you that Andre has improved a lot in that area. But together, they are a very unbalanced radio combo.

18. HoustonFan4Life

Is rocketabc Adam Clanton?

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bingo.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I haven't listened to sports radio alot the past year. I caught adam and some other guys this morning and they are freakin hilarious, I really wasn't that familar with adam.

they were doing an impersonation of a texans press conference with mcclain asking kubiak questions, it was dead on.

I used to be hard on vandemeer but he's really improved. not so stiff anymore.