1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons underestimating Morey and disrespecting Capela at the 2014 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Mar 7, 2018.

1. basketballholic

No. I don't feel like our interior defense falls solely on Capela. The PJ/Luc combo plays heavily into that. That's why I hope Luc gets healthy. We'll need him to beat the Warriors.

2. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Do whatever you want...I obviously don't talk as much as you with your 15k posts. About 12k of which are short stories filled with your "matter of fact" opinions and fake insider nonsense while the other 3k are posts similar to this one. I don't even know why I entertained you. That's is all I have to say.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

_holic taking more L's whie Capela keeps beasting

spark06 likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Luc has been back since game one... that was 5 games ago. He is healthy.

So they've been doing it only with Capela and Tucker with the interior defense... that's a hell of a one two tandem that is holding down the paint.

Perhaps defense could be a COLLECTIVE effort, in this "team" sport you call basketball....? And perhaps Clint is the anchor of this magnificent team defense that they've been playing for the final few months of the regular season and into the playoffs.

But no that would be too much for you to comprehend, with your Clint Capela bias / agenda.

Hater

#144 FLASH21, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    spark06 likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

What was traded for them?

That is my point dude. Follow me... please!

6. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

From Scrap I can agree with, With Scrap I have objections to.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's what I said:

8. Soneca

Soneca Member

You eventually saying you were right won't matter once you are and have been absolutely-unforgivably-stubbornly wrong about Capela. You said he was not good and wouldn't be a good defender. You actually still feel he's not good. Well, he is a good C and a very good defender, you've lost, period. If you're truly 50 y.o., you'll probably never change, so I give up. You sound like a teenager, though. My mother-in-law is 50-ish and sometimes sounds like a teenager, guess there's nothing wrong about that these days.

Regarding to his future, time will tell. What's certain now is that he'll get the big buckets, deservedly so. He shouldn't get max money, just like Draymond Green shouldn't once they are a product of their systems, but the restricted free agent market has it's peculiarities and it's hard to predict if a given team (hmmm, Mavs?) won't be willing to mess with us. If he gets a max offer sheet, I wouldn't want to be on Morey's shoes. If we win it all, I'd say match it. Otherwise, let him go, kidnap a family member of a GM and make them take Ryno's contract, and let's go all in for LeBron, George, maybe Cousins if he takes a pay cut (unlikely, but I wouldn't ask CP3 to let money on the table for a nut case like Cousins).

Anyway, I hope next year at this time we'll be discussing how he can keep improving so we can repeat with Capela on the lineup. The series against the Warriors should show if that crow of you will keep on growing. Not a favorable match up for Clint, I'd say that if he can make himself playable for more than 30mpg, we'll be in a good position. He's our main x-factor in order to advance, that I can agree with you.

spark06 likes this.
  9. basketballholic

Please block me.

10. basketballholic

Clint has been great up until this point. I acknowledge that. I'm loving it. Please continue.

11. basketballholic

I'm taking W's. So far so good. Couldn't be presently happier.

12. basketballholic

You're hedging already before the first game starts.

13. Soneca

Soneca Member

I wouldn't call it hedging. I don't pretend to know the future, so I'm presenting alternatives. But I'm rooting strongly for the unlike scenario where Clint becomes an unmatched force in the next series. Barring an unbelievable series by Durant, several insanely hot shooting games by Thompson and Curry, or a collapse by Harden, that would result in a series win and a trip to the finals.

Note that, even if everything works out for our team (Capela holds the middle both ends of the floor and CP3, Harden and EGo are their usual regular season selves), the Warriors can still beat us in a seven games series. Their roster is that good, though the bench hasn't been good all year. That's not hedging, it's being reasonable. As you said, the games haven't started yet.

14. basketballholic

You know it's unlikely and you fear the opposite is likely.

Which is exactly the same way I feel. Only you're in denial about it.

15. Soneca

Soneca Member

I guess your first sentence is right, but what you call denial I call being a sports fan. I'll be rooting like mad for Capela to continue to be a difference maker like he's been through the whole year (in our favor, obviously).

16. basketballholic

And so will I. So will I.

Soneca likes this.