1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bill Simmons] Rockets are the best fit for Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, May 24, 2013.

1. Broford

Broford Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9308573/searching-dwight-howard

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Everybody knows.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

if you read the whole article, it not the most complimentary piece on dwight. you almost rather keep asik and develop him and get an all-star PF then invest in a declining dwight howard.

with all the salivating over dwight in houston AND la, this piece kinda does a complete 180. can't argue with the stats, though.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

as Bima said, the Rockets have zero reason to do a sign and trade, they can just sign Dwight outright

Why would we give them Parsons?

5. jrstroud81

jrstroud81 New Member

Bill is either wildly ignorant on the new CBA deal or he's just throwing crap against the wall. For one we can't sign him to the 5 year 118mil dollar deal as he suggests and two since that's the case why would we move Asik (completely moveable/valuable contract) and Parsons (dirt cheap) when we can sign Howard outright by tweaking some other pieces on the roster. I could see trying to move Lin but otherwise...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Someone needs to tell Dwight that this is just basketball. It's just a game.

Who cares if he "Quit" on a team? No one's lives were on the line. Get over it. The fans will get over it. Live your life, do what's best for you and your family and not worry about some 13 year old fangirls on twitter calling you some names.

2 people like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I read this and now I'm not sure I want Howard any more :)

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bill Simmons has been really down on Dwight since his slow start with the Lakers. He's been openly questioning the guy's attitude and whether his back will ever been 100% again for almost a year now.

I think he has gone a little overboard personally, but that's nothing new. I like Simmons but he does have a penchant for hyperbole.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We don't need this scrub who has peaked and is boring :p

10. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Dwight will ask for it, so he can get the supermax. Lakers will ask for it, because they love Parsons. But I believe Morey will just .... Morey them.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yeah, the article was as bad as Woj for melodrama

Dwight was misused and hurt this year and still put up great numbers. Sign him in a heartbeat.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Rockets related:

OMG, this is mean, but very funny at the same time.

13. TheresTheDagger

This. 1000 times this!

Once Dwight figures this out, the decision will be easy and in 2 years all this will be a distant memory...just like Lebron's decision.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dwight could really endear himself to Houston if he doesn't make us give up any talent to get him.

15. Fighton

Fighton Member

hahahah.. that's an understatement.

although, in dwight's defense, he was coming back from surgery and playing in a system that's not suited for him, and played a lot better later on in the year. (sound familiar to someone else on the team?) but like he said, a back surgery at his age IS a big deal, and 5 years 118 IS a big investment. you could end up with championships or you could end like the knicks with no options for 5 years. and yeah, most of all, his attitude is not a guarantee and that concerns me.

16. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

The more time passes and the more I look at the situation, the more I think that the best thing for the Rockets would for Dwight to stay with L.A., the Lakers to amnesty Pau, and for the Rockets to pick him up off of the waiver wire.

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Dwight Howard did still lead the league in rebounds and he played through recovering from back surgery and a shoulder injury. It wasn't so much his performance on the court but his behavior in the locker room. Even meta world peace thought Dwight was a bit annoying. Personally, rockets should stick with the center they have, asik, and focus on filling that pf spot they could use help with.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This has all the makings of McGrady 2.0 but if the Rockets can sign him outright, I'm down with it.

19. slestack11

slestack11 Member

This article is sort of calling Dwight out and telling him he can't handle the la pressure. Almost seems like fegan called up Simmons and paid him to write this so Howard will try to prove Simmons wrong.

The la market is crazy, but lakers are a media circus. If they don't go 82-0 and sweep every round of the playoffs, articles get printed titled "what's wrong with lakers?" or "Shaq and Kobe can't coexist" or "Dwight and Kobe can't coexist", etc... The teams are always compared to magic and Kareem's teams and now to Shaq and Kobe years. It's sort of absurd, but I guess its a self promoting business and sells advertising space.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

For all his problems, we still have to sign him. He is the best PnR big man and we have two of the best PnR guards in the league. He can still rebound and block shots. He just might fully recover after a summer or rest and more importantly having Asik to spell him.