1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Podcast : Jalen Green Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, May 24, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jalen has a thicc, rich timbre.

BigM, jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Lean muscle is denser than fat muscle.
    7CFFB5CB-9270-4082-9956-9D9025EA0AC3.gif

jiggyfly, DreamShook, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

4. xaos

xaos Member

Opportunity for Bill to clear his name on something that was blown way out of proportion and a good opportunity for Green to show his maturity. Win win for both people

Mathloom, clos4life, BigM and 3 others like this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bill Simmons is a Boston fan. Pretty much tells you all you need to know.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There's things that Simmons says that I don't like but I never was that up in arms about his original comment. I disagreed with his opinion as I often do but I listen to his pods and generally think he's an entertaining listen.

Nice gesture to have him on and to squash any perceived beef. Did the same thing when he and Collinsworth had their little Twitter spat.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

It's still fu*k simmons on this side but I respect the maturity of Green to be willing to talk to this dork after he was dissed by him.

Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  9. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Paolo is his guy, between Jaygup and Paolo we would be insulating Jalen with friends. That’s gotta be good for chemistry right?

vince likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Regardless if Bill Simmons says it in jest or if he has doesn't have malicious intent.

Imagine someone with known influence in your company was asked to assessed your yearly performance and he's says FK (your name) and u are a good worker, but there's more folks better than u.

Man has a vote that could fk green over, best to show the world that u can b unbias when voting/ analyzing a player. If u have nothing nice to say or no valid criticism about a player, STFU. not that hard. could b applied to some folks around here.

#30 DatRocketFan, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    bballjunkie and D-rock like this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

It is funny to hear Bill di*kride Jalen all of a sudden :rolleyes:

D-rock likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This doesn't make sense. How is someone in an influencer position saying "f**k someone" on an open forum a funny joke among friends? He had infinite other ways to say it sarcastically. I just can't buy that angle. Bill was salty about something, now he's doing some damage control.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Love the fact that Jalen love HOME GROWN teams and not Super teams! I think that's something to look to moving forward.

Unlike LeBron, from Jalen's conversation, it's looking like he wants the challenge of winning it with the team he was drafted by.

And that he loves the food in H-Town....I can attest to that, it's nothing like H-Town food!

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

The joke was blown out of proportion. The thing that actually mattered was his ballot was completely illogical.

He valued "winning" when it came to the all rookie team which is the award in which winning has historically mattered the least. Herb Jones was great, but Simmons acted like he was playing 30 minutes a night for the Bucks. Herb Jones was on the 9 seed. They might not have even made the playoffs if the Lakers weren't such a dumpster fire.

His MVP was a 6 seed. Winning has always mattered in the MVP race. Simmons railed against Westbrook voters when Westbrook won and his team was a 6 seed. He's just making stuff up as he goes.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm glad he wants to be a big part of the homegrown team. Go Houston Rockets!

17. kdaltaccount

kdaltaccount Member

Great listen. Kyrie been communicating with JG4 since HS... Kyrie to HOU? xD

vince likes this.
  18. vince

vince Member

Honestly, I merely tolerate national sport radio personalities, most are annoying. But for a few I will actually stop being lazy and flip the channels on them sorry selves.

Besides Van Grundy, few are truly objective about what is going on; most just want to push the narrative the leagues nudge along.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. RocketsDraftTV

simmons knows that the players are coming after the medias voting rights when it comes to postseason awards in this upcoming cba so he invited jalen green on his pod only to save face

20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Even Bill admits Dream most underrated player and Rockets would have taken the Bulls out.

Good stuff from Jalen. Stay focused young pup and put that work in.