1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons on the Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Broford

Broford Member

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/622965000336998400

Guess which trade he's talking about here:

Oh wait, it's from this: http://grantland.com/features/the-trade-deadline-exchange-part-1/

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Did he get that comparison from the Clutch BBS??

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I wonder which player matched to which food.

4. thiefery

thiefery Member

Love Simmons...

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Except the Nuggets were looking for cap space and a draft pick. Trade is a win-win IMO. The nuggets were going to get rid of Lawson anyway and the Rockets got their PG losing players that weren't going to be on the team anyway and a draft pick they can do without.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I thought he was talking Harden trade but turns out it was the Robinson trade and could be talking about this trade.

Damn, Morey serving pu pu platter to everyone! :grin::p

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What are you talking about. We lost Joey Big Swole Dorsey. Now who else is going to put up 500 on the squat rack and 350 on the bench? Fat Harden? Upper Body Day Only Dwight? Deathbed Jason Terry?

**** man.

8. dragician

dragician Member

Dorsey was the giant pu pu entree.

2 people like this.
  9. bongman

bongman Member

Imagine if Morey did that to his beloved Celtics, he would have a breakdown.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson was poo.

Ty Lawson may turn out to be nothing but trouble given his personal problems, but at least he's proven that he can be effective on the court.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Kung Pao Chicken? More like Chicken Nuggets.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Except the pick is garbage (almost guaranteed to be low first rounder, lottery protected) and and apart from cap savings by Kpap and Prigs they actually had to absorb salary in Joey Dorsey. Nick Johnson can certainly turn out to be a solid player for them though but still, if I were a nuggs fan I'd be mad lol compared to what the Nuggs got for Mozghov this is like getting slapped by a hand full of spit.

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He was comparing Lawson to the best entree, not the gross pu pu platter.

14. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Somebody say my name?
    [​IMG]

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nuggets came out alright given all they seemed to want to accomplish is to get away from Lawson and his contract. They aren't looking to contend right now anyway. Assuming they waive Papa and Prigioni before their contracts are guaranteed, they get some big money savings. And Nick Johnson and a late first rounder gives them some cheap young talent to bet on. Who else was going to give them a combination of big savings and a couple of prospects? I think they might have been better off keeping Lawson and working on his recovery, but if they didn't feel like that was still an option, I think this doesn't look too bad.

They are set up, btw, to have a ton of money for the big FA bonanza next year. Without trades, they can get their payroll down as low as ~$32m. They could potentially fit two max contracts in, or 3 with some trading. (I expect a lot of Miami Heat style approaches with teams clearing the cupboards to try to make a super team via free agency.)

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Simmons is not wrong you know, we have them a bunch of **** for a borderline allstar :D Morey is the king of the south

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Why would they want to keep Lawson around their newly drafted starting PG in Mudiay if they think he's toxic?

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

lawsons new nickname is Kung Pao Lawson!

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Or beer can chicken.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - I just saw this one:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I thought Harrell might miraculously fall to Celts at 33, then Houston took him at 32. And that's when I texted <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> -- &quot;YOU DICK.&quot;</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/622290160940486660">July 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.