1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This.

joshuaao, cml750 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. NewAge

NewAge Member

Good points.
    Jalen+picks to POR/Dame to Bos/Jaylen to Hou
    Jalen+KPJ(D. Murray's homie) to ATL/Tre to BOS/Jaylen to Hou
    He’s an All-Star, leader, smart, tough player and an outstanding citizen. NBA Finals pedigree. Superb defender. More than competent on O, in fact pretty damn good.

I know where you’re coming from, Green is more explosive and has a higher ceiling, and I agree. Hopefully that’ll entice Boston. Green may or may not flourish in Boston, but with Brown we’re getting a sure-thing top-level player. And we still have tons of upside on team with Jabari, Sengun and potentially Victor… With so much upside, you definitely trade some upside for a sure thing. And given that they play the same position, Jalen makes most sense.

You know what’s super funny: this is a prototypical Greenfield vs Brownfield trade-off! It’s a Jalen Greenfield for Jalen Brownfield trade. :)

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

He’s an All-Star, leader, smart, tough player and an outstanding citizen. NBA Finals pedigree. Superb defender. More than competent on O, in fact pretty damn good.

I know where you’re coming from, Green is more explosive and has a higher ceiling, and I agree. Hopefully that’ll entice Boston. Green may or may not flourish in Boston, but with Brown we’re getting a sure-thing top-level player. And we still have tons of upside on team with Jabari, Sengun and potentially Victor… With so much upside, you definitely trade some upside for a sure thing. And given that they play the same position, Jalen makes most sense.

You know what’s super funny: this is a prototypical Greenfield vs Brownfield trade-off! It’s a Jalen Greenfield for Jalen Brownfield trade. :)

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I love all 3 of our guys and think they all have incredible potential. Of the 3, I think Jabari has the most potential to be a both a DPOY candidate and an all-star offensive force. I don’t want to give up any of them for Brown, but if we had to it would be Sengun, because of the way the NBA is now played.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

oh, he was quite disappointing early on for a #3 pick. Late bloomer.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would trade Green for Brown everyday and on Sunday

fattz, tochiee22 and NewAge like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's stupid

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone would.

9. maj21

maj21 Member

What’s Jalen’s ceiling? Like a player comp

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not stupid to any rational person, Green's ceiling is probably Brown if we are lucky, why would I wait for a ceiling when I can get the real thing right now. Brown is 26, you can get a good 6 years out of his prime. It's actually a no brainer and Celtics would ask for Green, Sengun plus multiple picks, even then they may not do it.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You realize given who you are asking, their real opinion is the Jalen comp is somewhere between Michael Jordan and God....maybe more if he reaches his true potential.

maj21 likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

No one currently on the Rockets I would trade for Brown to be honest. Jalen? No. Jabari? No. Sengun? No. The pick? Maybe.

Brown is good but he's a top 30ish player. He also has a few screws loose so there's that.

13. maj21

maj21 Member

Player only fans prioritize keeping their favorite player over improving the team lol

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

Of course they would, but the presumption of this thread is that Brown wants to come to Houston. With 1 year left they don’t have that much leverage.

15. fchowd0311

It's stupid.

For multiple reasons. It's not only just stupid it's stupid for both parties involved.

You trade away a guy who just turned 21 who's top 10 in NBA history in multiple scoring metrics who actually averaged more assists than turnovers unlike the guy you want here at the same age for a 26 year old who finished his main development phase and is in a win now mode.

Jaylen Brown comes here on a roster not ready to compete so he'll elevate them to play in level. At best we turn into the Knicks, a mid franchise for the next decade all because we prematurely ejaculated trying to win now when the roster ain't there yet in terms of experience. Worst case is Rockets loosing a lot still even after getting Brown and Brown decides not to resign. So you traded away a 21 year old potential superstar for a one year rental for the hope of being mid for a decade.

For the Celtics, you have guys looking to win now trading a way a player who is ready to win now for a guy who won't be ready to win now for at least a couple more seasons.

It's an all around **** show trade. No one wins. Everyone loses. It's a dumbass idea.

16. fchowd0311

Improving the team to what? Mid level of a decade? You want o be the Knicks?

Seriously why do people wha to prematurely ejaculated on the rebuild? Are you guys investors with Tilman? You need to make tetin on your investment now?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Boston cannot do any trades now anyway, until they are eliminated from the playoffs (which might take a while). And I would assume that we will not make any trades before we know where we will draft.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets would still have all of their best players after that trade, and they'd be adding a 27 year old two way beast of a player in exchange for an inefficient one way scrub of a player....how would that mess up the rebuild? That would do nothing but raise the ceiling of the team significantly.

19. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I would trade any pick this year that isn’t top 2!

20. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I would trade any pick this year that isn’t top 2!