1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

We’re talking about a role vs an all nba player on a 22 win team that doesn’t have a star. Who tf cares about fit? We need talent

Corrosion and beardsanity713 like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why is it silly? I like Brown, but obviously you think he is a superstar.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm a little confused by this kind of speculation. He's under contract next season. So the only way to obtain him is via trade. So how are we getting him without giving any of our young guys?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Brown at 20 wasn't as good as Sengun or Green at 20, or arguably even as Tari at 21. You keep forgetting their respective ages.

I'd love to have Brown, but his value should be dictated by him wanting out and Boston otherwise possibly losing him for nothing after this season.

And as much as you and others have been promoting KPJ as the next coming, it's quite telling that you admit that Boston wouldn't want him, but Sengun.

Brown and KPJ play the same position really (SG/SF), so if KPJ is as great as you and other KPJ stans say...they should take him, plus some picks. Or they are stuck with a disgruntled one-year rental.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doesn't seem like a bad guy but I've noticed it's impossible for him to like Jalen - even after an incredible performance from Jalen, it's hard for him to be complimentary without conditions. After a bad performance he's comfortable being critical without silver lining though. There may be some kind of cultural experience or strong parental experience involved here which would make it difficult for him to see the full picture with Jalen.

peleincubus and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

Borderline superstar, while bridges is a role player. At times in the playoffs last year, brown was the best player on the floor!

beardsanity713 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He had an annoying sister who had black fingernail polish.

Mathloom likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

??

my post says to trade Sengun, BK picks, and any other player on the team not named Green, Jabari, and hopefully Tari

Erbnwarfare and maj21 like this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

Brown played both ways then and didn’t put up empty stats on a bad team. He didn’t have the usage bc they had other good players. Stop the bs

10. cml750

cml750 Member

I find it hilarious that someone who does not think Sengun is worth keeping also thinks he has trade value. Personally I believe he has a LOT of trade value and I also do not think the Rockets are dumb enough to trade him.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

upload_2023-4-14_9-20-46.png
    Slightly lower usage than Tari and Sengun, much lower usage than Green.

As to "both ways", look at the OWS and DWS, as well as the OBPM and DBPM. Sengun is the only player out of the four who is a positive on both.

I mean, you can say you don't believe in advanced stats, but they are what they are.

BamBam and cml750 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya he's seen as a borderline superstar. You have to see if the cost is worth it. With Browm, the Celtics will immediately hang up if not one or even two of these three players are in the package, Green, Sengun and Bari.

They won't accept any trade that doesn't include one or two of those guys.

With Bridges we have a possiblity of keeping all those three and adding a great piece to a team. Not a superstar but a damn good potential star level player who provides great defense and spaces the floor great.

evo8lover, Hemingway and cml750 like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I agree that Sengun has immense trade value. Unfortunately, I am not sure about the Rockets not being dumb enough to trade him, given the way they have allowed Silas to treat him, and given what they leaked to @Clutch and Feigen and others before the season (Brunogate).

It's indeed hilarious how @maj21 and others have been crapping on Sengun all year, and now they think he is the most valuable trade piece we have.

It's all bias, at the end of the day.

cml750 likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

But wouldn't we have to pay 5 first round picks for him (since they rejected 4 first round picks before he even broke out offensively)?

15. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s not the most valuable trade piece, that’s Jalen and Jabari. Sengun is the most valuable trade piece that we’d be willing to trade

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

https://watch.global.nba.com/players/vs/#!/jaylen_brown/mikal_bridges

One is going to require the Max and one is signed for 3 years at 21M. Brown’s game is predicated on driving into the lane and iso, which is what Jalen Green’s game is predicated on. It really comes down to a win now approach vs. a longer range plan. I don’t want the Rockets to trade their youngsters for what is possibly a 1 year rental, that wants out of a team that is vying for the championship so he can be top dog. I personally think both Green and Jabari have superstar potential and Brown and Green are a not a good fit. I don’t buy that your takes are gospel while others are silly and stupid.

Y2JT and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

Keep in mind guys, @AroundTheWorld wouldn’t trade Sengun for Luka, so of course he’s against trading him for Brown

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If I were a "Sengun Only Fan", as you claim, I would be very happy about seeing him traded to a winning franchise.

But I am confident that Sengun can help turn the Rockets into a winning franchise, so, as a Rockets fan, I do not want to see him traded.

19. Ish

Ish Member

I would absolutely love JB to Houston
    But it's stupid to trade green sengun or in this case we hope the first pick

Idk but I think I rather keep sengun over jabari

If am houston and we get wemby and harden in off-season

Then definitely would start with jabari and Tate and kj martin, and 2 picks to get brown and some other vet or a pick back

Then have have harden green brown wemby sengun
    Have porter run 6man with Eason and vets to have a good roster ..cause we know just adding harden in and have be the pure pg for green is gonna elevate the team to 40 plus wins

20. Ish

Ish Member

I would absolutely love JB to Houston
    But it's stupid to trade green sengun or in this case we hope the first pick

Idk but I think I rather keep sengun over jabari, just cause I think sengun has more potential and I think he has a winning leadership mentality to push everyone

If am houston and we get wemby and harden in off-season

Then definitely would start with jabari and Tate and kj martin, and 2 picks to get brown and some other vet or a pick back

Then have have harden green brown wemby sengun
    Have porter run 6man with Eason and vets to have a good roster ..cause we know just adding harden in and have be the pure pg for green is gonna elevate the team to 40 plus wins