1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Go Rockets!!!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You might be right - trading Sengun is the thing loser franchises do. Winner franchises trade for Sengun.

3. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Wait. There are actually people suggesting trading Jalen Green for a 1 year rental? Sure you can hope Brown would be retained, but to even consider trading Green is delusional. Right now I can't say who/what I would trade until I know how the Lottery Gods bestow their fortune. If you have Harden, Green, Brown, and Jabari then you don't need Sengun. His skill is having the offense run through him. That isn't happening in this lineup. Vic has already said he doesn't want to play C so who plays IF the Rockets get him?

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No way Vic isn’t playing Center. Or really guarding a 5. On offense who cares? He can play anywhere, that’s the beauty of his game.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Wemby is too thin to play center in the NBA and he can’t put on weight or his feet and ankles will be a huge problem. He will have to play SF if he can stay up defensively or PF where again he will overpowered from time to time. I guess we could go to a zone dominated defense with Wemby as the anchor because of his shot blocking ability.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

SOFs in full panic mode!!!

[​IMG]

anthony59237 and maj21 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You want to trade a 21 year old for a 26 year old who was worse than aid 21 year old at the same age?

Why?

8. fchowd0311

I'm sure the Celtics would rather have Green than Sengun. So would most other NBA GMs. You are really obsessed with one year worth of advanced analytics. Why do you think NBA defenses give the most attention to Green in half court sets?

maj21 likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@NewAge has a complex with Jalen Green. His rookie year he made several comments about him being too feminine to ever be a good player in the nba. I made a thread with some of the stuff he was saying (an extremely sarcastic one) to show him how ridiculous his statements were and the reactions to that thread at least made him stop his nonsense.

As you see though he still wants him to be traded. Apparently feminine Green nails painted and all :confused: is good enough now to get an all star Brown in a trade. Which taken within all of the above context is quite funny.

#69 peleincubus, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  10. fchowd0311

@NewAge just can't handle the rizz of Jalen

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like JB but I would not trade Green or Bari for him.

12. maj21

maj21 Member

My god you’re the biggest player only fan on here. If this trade happens, go follow his ass to Boston since we’d losers in your mind

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Green is everything we think he is going to be I don't understand our interest in JB. Maybe this is the front office having second thoughts on Green. They play the exact same position and I don't want to see one of them playing SF cuz we would be too small.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d much prefer Bridges to Brown. Both are excellent players and both play both sides of the ball. Bridges is signed for 3 year at 21M. Brown could be a 1 year rental, and, if not will want a max contract. It would be stupid to break the bank for Brown. Now if Boston will give you permission to negotiate his next contract and except a package of say our pick this year if not pick 1 or 2 and maybe another 1 or 2 of the Net picks/swaps you might consider it, but no way should we give up Green, Jabari, or Sengun. Patience is needed with how we spend our assets. We would also still need to address PG.

Y2JT likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't trade either Green or Sengun or Bari or Tari. If they want KPJ and filler and some picks, fine.

17. maj21

maj21 Member

That’s silly lol

18. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Now this is an interesting development, if there's any truth to it.

If getting Brown is a realistic possibility, We need to jump on it. We have the resources, the question is would Brown bite and buy in? That depends on the new coaching staff and their vision, and on the willingness of the ownership to spend.

Brown is a prime player, a true 2 way wing that plays in control, likes to attack and has a great shot, while being a menace on D. A guy like that next to Jalen and Jabari? Yes please.

The price will be steep though, hopefully Boston really likes a couple of our youngsters not named Green, Smith and Eason. I would HATE to lose Sengun, but I think Boston doesn't do a trade without him in it. If We somehow get Brown and keep JG/Alpi/Bari/Tari, then all this pain will be worth it lol.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. maj21

maj21 Member

Tari’s ceiling is a high level role player, so stop. Gotta give up something good to get a star. This team won 22 games, I don’t wanna hear about who you don’t wanna trade. This roster isn’t good and needs to be upgraded with star players

20. fchowd0311

I mean in a sense I see how Bridges can be a better fit. Brown scores mainly off the dribble as of now. He's kinda a ball stopper in a sense
    He's efficient but again he's a iso heavy player.

Bridges is more plug and play. He's an excellent catch and shoot guy who can navigate screens and space the floor great and doesn't need to do many iso possessions.

If Sengun is part of this core, Bridges makes more sense as he would operate better in a Senhub offense than Brown.