1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

Good points.
    Jalen+picks to POR/Dame to Bos/Jaylen to Hou
    Jalen+KPJ(D. Murray's homie) to ATL/Tre to BOS/Jaylen to Hou

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jaylen is not tall enough to check taller SFs consistently therefore Green or someone else has to ride the bench.

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If Stone gives up a bunch of assets for what ends up a one year rental he's an idiot. A desperate idiot. Ultimately, it will cost him his job in the end.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Green will be on the Rockets for a decade. Deal with it

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Imagine trading Jalen Green - who has an untouchable elite skill (historically elite first step) and is destroying Brown's stats at the same age AND at the same experience level. Oh and throw some other sh*t into the package too like picks and young players!

Jalen Green (21 yrs old) goes to the line more right now than Jaylen Brown (26) has ever gone in his career. Jalen Green averaged more assists this season than Jaylen Brown ever in his career (and Green still says he needs to work on his playmaking). The only reason Jaylen Brown was more efficient in his first 2 seasons was because he took 8-10 fewer shots than Green. Assists and FT line unstoppability aside, Jalen Green's pure scoring ceiling is obviously higher than Brown. Obviously Brown at 26 is a better defender than Green at 21.

These people don't even understand that they would have traded Jaylen Brown in year 2 as well. Our fanbase is really absurd like that. I don't understand why they were on board with tanking if a few years was too long to wait for a player to develop. It's almost as though they want to rebuild the roster purely based on their personal impatience and discomfort with rebuilding.

What's even more absurd is: why would you trade players you already drafted rather than future picks? lol That's inexplicable since we're trying to win now, you keep what's good and you let someone else deal with the uncertainty of future draft picks. Boston I'm sure would rather get picks to send to a 3rd team with veteran pieces. They are not pairing Sengun or Jalen with Tatum in his prime.

If Brown wants to come to Houston and tells the Celtics he's walking in a season regardless, we will pay Kyrie price (a good pick and a mediocre pick). If he doesn't force a trade here then even 4-5 first round picks won't convince them to trade him here.

#45 Mathloom, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Bo6, AlperenSengun, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that you say it, it is odd that Harden never made it to 10 years.

He played 8 seasons and the 10 games which would not count as a full season.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wouldn't necessarily want to give up Jalen over Sengun but (a) I think that's what Boston will want and (b) I agree that Harden/Jalen backcourt will get roasted on defense.

Buy, I also think the Sengun/Jabari frontcourt will get equally roasted. I think there's a world where we don't keep anyone from that 2021 draft class and they are all used as trade bait for more defensive minded players. Part of that is because they actually have reasonable trade value where as Jabari/Tari probably aren't seen as having as high of a ceiling around the league.

8. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

@Nook so what going on in the background for him to randomly throw out Houston?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not a fan of jaylen brown, and don't believe harden can stay healthy. would prefer just trying for bridges instead

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If I were Boston, I would know which player I would want in return. There is only one player on the Rockets with higher PER, WS, BPM, FG Add, TS Add and ORtg-DRtg and higher rebounds/assists/steals/blocks per 36 than Jaylen Brown, despite much lower usg %.

[​IMG]

Can we just give them KPJ?

[​IMG]

Then sign Harden, draft Wemby.

PG: Harden (34), TyTy (14)
    SG: Jalen Green (34), Jaylen Brown (14)
    SF: Jaylen Brown (20), Tari (28)
    PF: Wemby (28), Jabari (20)
    C: Sengun (34), Jabari (14)

only spot minutes left for Garuba, Josh Christopher, etc.
    probably no space for KMJ, unfortunately

#50 AroundTheWorld, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

No idea. It’s Bill Simmons so I don’t put much stock in it. There have been rumblings or Brown and Harden playing together but that hasn’t come from anyone reputable that I am aware of.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

srs q… why would any player want to come to htine?

13. maj21

maj21 Member

Stop being delusional, Boston isn’t taking that **** package. If we trade for a star. Sengun, tari/kj, and multiple picks are gone.. I promise you boy would be gone

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you think Sengun is more valuable than KPJ?

cml750 likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Could be many reasons, for example lots of people love the glory of taking a team from loser to winner and we're a practically guaranteed spot to do that if a star joins. Any star would practically double our wins and with a couple of more low cost vets we could go from the worst team for 3 years to a serious playoff team.

Another reason is selfishness, some players just want to shoot more and get hyped more to get paid and noticed more.

Also, you could have a hottie down there in Houston and want to live with her (which was allegedly why Horford wanted to come here once upon a time). Could just love the strip clubs. Could be like a Dinwiddie or Iguodala who are interested in major investment opportunities and Houston's apparently a good place for that.

No income tax? That's a pretty obvious one.

Finally, maybe they just like to holditdine like Gerald Green.

Dobbizzle and Jontro like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't question it breh just be grateful that we are blessed.

Players want no tax and no zoning and fat Luka Tankic is already washed and SA is just asphalt and puffy tacos

Teams want to rebuild around our young core of superstuds like Jalen and Josh and Shea

Not sure why we settling for Brown when the price should be Tatum & Brown because #alltheleverage

Jontro likes this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

To other teams bc of KPJ’s past. Both him and Sengun may be in a trade bc of salary reasons. They would also want tari and/or kj. Jaylen is a big time player, he’s cost at least 2 key young guys and multiple 1st rounders. Sengun is gonna be their trade piece. The chances he gets traded are extremely high and I’ve been saying it for a year

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If nobody is allowed to play defense' maybe. If we're still playing by the normal rules, MAYBE 4/5

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You could simply route the KPJ, Sengun, Tate, and LAC/BKN picks package to ATL or Portland and then Trae or Lillard to Boston.

I wonder if all of this hinges on which draft pick we get. Either to keep or make the package enticing enough to trade it.

Adding Wemby, signing Harden and trading for Brown would be the most perfect result of the three year tank job.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I think I'm turning into my Dad! :confused:
    I want to beleive that there are still people in the media that actually tell the truth and don't make stuff up to get views and clicks!
    It's Billy Simon doe...o_O

Go Rockets!!!

BHannes2BHonest likes this.