1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Simmons does know agents and players. I wonder if there is some real noise about Houston getting Harden and Brown that he has heard?

He has explicitly mentioned both … and it would explain his random shots at Green and Rockets culture.

He sounds like a jealous ex-GF.

2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I don’t know two guys that could be any better to surround Jalen with than Harden and Brown. Hardens playmaking with Browns defense flanking Jalens slashing and shooting would be awesome.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

So what happens if we end up with the 3rd pick and Miller is there, and Harden wants to come, do we draft the twin to be a backup future PG, or make Miller come off the bench..Tari still there at that size and position off the bench as well as KJ so things start to look very crowded. Obviously if we win the Lottery and Jaylen wants to come here, 1 of Alpi or Bari is the odd man out at the 4.

4. riko

riko Member

Yes. Jaylen is the most ideal wing player I can imagine next to James. Elite on both ends to cover for hardens lack of defense and Green can be the Maxey type with James. Harden will get Green so many great looks that his efficiency will go up astronomically

5. riko

riko Member

Alpi will be a trade chip. If Stone manages to trade alpi and whatever for a third all star type to pair with Jaylen, Harden and Green it will be a a damn loaded team to go with Jabari or whatever comes out of the lottery pick.

6. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I assume Alpi and Tari would be gone in any trade for Brown so it would be Harden-Green-Brown-Miller-Jabari and we would play small and hope Jabari puts on muscle.

7. riko

riko Member

Harden with all these athletes will be a nightmare for opposing defenses. He can unleash them in the open court or as pick and roll monsters.

Losmi_34 and matchesmalone like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually wonder if Harden has been talking to Brown.

I mean if it happens then you know100% they were planning on it. I always thought if Harden does come here he's coming with more help and if Brown basically tells the Cs "Trade me to Houston, no where else." It means maybe we could get a deal done without giving up Green or Jabari.

I could see the appeal for Brown. He comes here he's the best player on the team, it is HIS team. If the Rockets go deep in the playoffs or have a good record HE gets the praise for it. Right now, he's Tatum's Robin and it might be he feels he's too good of a player to be that.

9. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Unless we get Wemby and then Brown is just a placeholder until he develops

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

If Harden doesn't win a championship this year, he is never winning one. That means even with Houston. His time is done, focus on younger stars to pair up with our roster.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well that's true, it would be Wemby's team but I honestly do not expect we'll be so fortunate to draft him.

So by default I'm not even thinking about Wemby. It would be nice though...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think so too, no way he is playing with an MVP type in Embiid so soon again who allows him to average 11 assists per game.

If he leaves....provided that KD doesn't do some shet and joins Harden again.

ramotadab and Cosmonaut like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

cool story

ramotadab and J.R. like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

You gotta be kidding? You think Philly is better than Milwaukee?

15. riko

riko Member

You gotta be kidding? You think Philly is better than Milwaukee?
    He averaged 11 assists with Houston in 2017 without an all star next to him so there goes you’re narrative

Sooty and ramotadab like this.
  16. Jags

Jags Member

The problem is, Celtics would still be in win-now mode with Tatum. We don’t have any win-now pieces to offer.

Would need Portland or Atlanta to get involved, with Lillard or Young going to Boston.

Amel, beardsanity713 and Corrosion like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeha my bad i was assuming Jaylen is an UFA and we wouldn't need to trade for him

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Wondering that myself ....

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes!
    Jalen for Jaylen: get-er done! Harden or FVV as PG! Now we cookin'

Aruba77 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Get r done Stone.