1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: "Houston has a top 3 worst crowd"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nivos, Jan 18, 2018.

?

Is Simmons right?

1. Yes

387 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Media conspiracy

24 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Nivos

Nivos Member

O.K so the excact quote was: "They have a top 3 worst crowd".
    So what is the propper way to say- Houston ... a top 3 worst crowd.
    I saw 3 versions so far. Should I make a poll?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Please change it. It's very offensive to us Americans. Btw, I'm an English professor. Can't believe it took 12 pages till somebody noticed it.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

@count_dough-ku well damn that playoff series was lit! The crowds been so bad I almost never remember it being this full lol

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Did it make you feel unsafe? o_O
    So whats the proper way? I got "Has" and I got "Gots". How can Houston as plural (crowd) can be reffered to as "Has"?
    Unless Houston is like an object? That has many part in it? Too confusing man. You couldn't just let it go hah?:confused:

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Fans at that point were amped to beat Dallas, and they were really getting into what Josh Smith/Howard were doing. The Josh Smith story was also something that fans could get behind.

Its not hard for fans to find a connection to a team... some like seeing the players grow that they've been watching as a rookie, some relate to the pain a player shows after a tough playoff series loss, some just love excellence.

This Rockets team has found it hard to connect to the fan base on that level. Unfortunately, it has to be more than "Well, I've always been a Rockets fan!" for the fans that actually go to these games.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Houston has
    They have

D-rock likes this.
  7. Nivos

Nivos Member

k?

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

K has ;)

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Figure something out Morey and Fertitta. Make Houston Crowds Great Again #MHCGA

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Crowd gets extra juiced when team plays well and bests a really good team... what a novel concept!

D-rock likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

...but then proceeds to be bad when we win/lose against teams not named GSW.

Houstunna and Mr. Space City like this.
  12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Houston sports ranked by support:

1. Football
    2. Football
    3. Football
    4. Baseball
    5. Basketball

Houstunna likes this.
  13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Lower prices. The lower bowl is full of empty seats b/c it's all for bullshit corporations

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course. You have to win a championship, or at least a couple of dramatic deep playoff runs, to enamor this fan base to get up for the Indiana Pacers or Charlotte Hornets regular season games.

That is how its always been. Its not the corporate effect, its not the distractions in the Toyota Center, its not the Texans or Astros, its not the lack of nightlife around downtown, its not any of that.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I disagree. It's all about the product on the court.

For me, LeBron, Westbrook, Curry - these guys are really fun to watch, because of their overall skillset. Harden is a really, really good player, but his game isn't exactly fun to watch.

It's a bit like Lou Williams - both Harden and Willams can get you buckets, but their play is pretty boring. Sometimes they'll have awesome offensive sequences, but for the most part, they're boring.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Comparing Harden to Lou Will, just LMAO at the absurdity of it.

BigMaloe, Reeko and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

This game against Golden State was loud and intense. Lot of GSW fans, but the Rocket fans came through, and the Rockets delivered a Win. What basketball should be like.

BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not really, when I'm talking about how inherently "fun" their style of play is, to watch.

Even if Westbrook is inefficient, it's still more interesting to me, to see what he'll do on any given possession. Same with LeBron, same with Curry. I'm not hating on Harden's game (success is success), but he just doesn't have the crazy athleticism nor the ridiculous range that others have.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Have fun with Westbrook then, I'll take Harden.

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.