1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: “In the whisper circles, everybody seems to think he’s going back to Houston.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 6, 2023.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Here just to say I love James Harden, and I want to see him back here. I have zero faith in what we’ve brought in from the rEbUiLd so far, so at least entertain me for a while and figure out what’s next.

BamBam, Nook, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would always say "NO" to Simmons... always. Personally, I am waiting to see what we look like after the draft order comes out. Maybe Harden is as well or maybe he thinks he can do damage with Green as his running mate. Who knows? What I do know is that if a superstar is willing to join your team and your team is in the position as the Rockets, you do not turn that down. It would be stupid to turn that down given our position.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL... Lillard is NOT better than Harden. Never was, never will be.

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I've been through the mud already during the AB/KMart years... not interested in going through that brain dead, perennial spin cycle of mediocrity again. No thanks and hard pass.

Nook likes this.
  5. MadMax

Lillard being the best player on a really bad team doesn’t make him great…see Rockets, Houston (2023)

Nook likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’d rather being back Morey and PJ, honestly.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro....look man I love Harden, but he isnt better than Lillard right now. The metrics all have Lillard as a better player this year.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Im guessing you dont think any of the guys on our team can be the best player on a title team then?

9. riko

riko Member

T
    He is a better shooter but harden is a far and I mean far better playmaker.

HakeemOnlyFan, chenjy9 and MadMax like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean....no matter how good of a playmaker you are, if your scoring isnt up to par, there is a limit on how good your offense can be. And our offense doesnt have shooters, Harden is gonna hate it here.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

People confuse aesthetics, and likability with what is winning basketball. Harden consistently took less talented rosters than Lillard had, won 50+ games, and got past the first round.... then it was arguable how much of a dud he has been past the first round in any playoff series.

However Lillard has proven that even when he is playing at peak like this season, that it still does not equate playoff contention win a 45 to 50 win season on his back.

I do think he's a more enjoyable player to watch offensively, and has a cool aesthetic to his game. Maybe a bit more likable as an off the court personality too. However none of that means anything to overall productivity as a winning NBA player. Might mean he does better with endorsements, and jersey sales though which isn't nothing, but isn't what most NBA fans think it is.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lillard is a better scorer than Harden right now, that’s it

When it comes to making the surrounding players better, it’s not even close between the 2 of them.

13. MadMax

Maybe we’ll learn a little more about what we have. Harden is a great facilitator. We were told we drafted a hella great shooter in Jabari…if he still can’t hit shots with Harden here, that will be informative. Right now we have kids facilitating kids.

HP3 likes this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

He is absolutely better than Lillard right now, he is just not playing the same role as Lillard this season.

ORLY? You sure about that? LOL... Even without looking, I can tell you that Harden is significantly better this season for AST%, TO%, assist turnover ratio, rebounding, and steals. There are probably others, but like I said I haven't looked.

MadMax likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Right now? Absolutely not. In the near future? Maybe Jalen, but I would be surprised.

HP3 and MadMax like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Hardens scoring is up to par. Go see his stats after the all star break . 27 points ( on only 16 shots)9 assists 7 boards a game!

Harden is shooting the three ball at 43.7 percent (8 shots a game) .. This is all while he is the second option. Make harden the focal points of you’re offense he can easily still give you 29 to 30 plus a night plus 9 or 10 assists to boot.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe....Im just not really high on Jabari because he misses the most open of open shots.

MadMax likes this.
  19. MadMax

I’m with you. I hate to say never…but honestly, I don’t think we have a #1 guy who is gonna go win a ring because he led his team there. I hope I’m wrong.

20. MadMax

Totally fair…I agree, honestly. I didn’t want the Rockets to draft him at all.

HP3 likes this.