1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bill Simmons: “In the whisper circles, everybody seems to think he’s going back to Houston.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if I'm a GM and trying to assemble a team for the LONG HAUL that I think will work, I'd be adding 3-4 veterans at various positions to help this young squad. I think signing Harden would be a nostalgic move for the fans who simply want to stroll down memory lane and relive the good old days . . . but I'm not sure Harden's the right guy to instill fear in a bunch of 20 year olds who need some ass-kicking more than anything

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That only works if you believe someone from this team will break into superstardom in the next 4-5 years. Currently, there is no one on the roster primed to do that. That's not to say Green or Bari or even Sengun can't, but none of them have shown enough for me to believe they will be able to carry a franchise any time soon.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think the only one who really needs an ass-kicking is KPJ - maybe also Nix - both should be gone asap.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

my worry is that a Harden-led matador defense backed by Sengun and Green means there's gonna be an awful lot of one-sided 150 point games . . . and I'm not suggesting that we're gonna end up on the victorious side of those games

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well off season is coming who are these magically 3-4 vets we signing gm os?

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

don't know

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

We are like the worst defensive team already, Harden is not going to make it any worse. If anything, Harden improves our interior defense as he is a better post defender than Sengun.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

but remember you're talking about adding them over the NEXT FOUR YEARS of Harden's next contract. Don't just limit your thinking to 2023-24

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that's the spirit

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Harden is a really good post defender, actually, you are right.

Patience likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

great, so while Harden defends down low let's just send Alpi out beyond the arc to teach himself to be a better perimeter defender a la "the Silas method." that should work great :D

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't really want to bring up politics but your stance really reminds me of a certain political party that likes to hype up a better alternative (magically unnamed 3-4 vets) than what is currently offered (harden) but not offer any real substances.

I do acknowledge the risk signing harden to a max contract. Age, skillset declining, etc.

But I rather roll the dice on harden than watch another season of kpj roleplay pg or those 3-4 magically vets appearing out of nowhere.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I was thinking of sending Bari out instead and have Sengun and Harden pack the paint.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'd rather sign PBev for 800k

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

thinly-disguised "Sengun plays with a turd in his undershorts" comment.

reported

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Eh, I love PatBev, but I think there’s a reason he’s been on like 7 teams in the last 2 years.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you'd sign him for his veteran leadership. read the Bulls thread from the other night, someone who was there said PBev was the x-factor on the bench and on the floor coaching it up.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn't have to be Harden or bust. There are other competent vet PGs less expensive and younger.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this guy gets it.gif

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So far the only alternatives i heard was draft scoot, sign harden, or Vanvleet. oh and pat bev (lol).

I will b honest and say im not too knowledgeable about Vanvleet, but no one is gonna come here without wanting a payday.

Easy likes this.