1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly's Alternate Reality

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 29, 2008.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

got this map from dailykos - Bill O'Reilly's current electoral map:

[​IMG]

Reality's current map:

[​IMG]

LMFAO - got to keep the wingnuts watching as the ship sinks!

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Oregon!!????!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

O'Liely is just keeping the wingnuts hopeful. It will all come crashing down around them next Tuesday.

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Oregon is closer than Washington and some others. It will be blue, but it's not the hippie enclave many think it is... though there are many hippie enclaves in Oregon.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

May I quote Spacemoth with a few changes (in bold)?

"Is there a way to flag all threads begun by DaDakota, Sam Fisher and McMark so I can see them more easily and know to skip them?

All this disgruntled forum filibustering is preventing me from getting to the posts I came here for in the first place..."

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

53-40 Oregon
    55-39 Washington

A lot of immigrant hippies in OR, apparently... ;)

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam,

Let's be honest here, that is not Oreilly's electorate map as your clearly being deceiving. The grayed out states are ones that the AP shows are tightening, not Bill - you may disagree with that, but that is it.

Then he has two links right next to it that shows how Real Clear Politics and Politco have the electorate map - which you so elegantly skipped over and forgot. Granted that hurts your argument, so I understand why...............

8. SamFisher

Rocketball,

Let's be honest here, it is indeed his map. It's a screenshot from recently on FNC, which I got from a post on dailykos, as I mentioned earlier. Are you talking about some other different map? If so - it is not the one he showed at one point recently, which is shown above, much to the laughter of all.

Look at the numbers at the top - why is he not giving solid, obviously Obama states like Oregon to Obama in his count?

Because they are "tightening" from a 14 point Obama lead to a 13 point Obama lead? So the electoral vote count is just a count of "non-tightening" states? Then why does the heading say "projection" at the top? And not "non-tightening"?

This is idiotic.

Please explain to me how you constructed this hypothesis.

#8 SamFisher, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you can't use this sarcasm when you by far start the most inane threads on the most inane topics, we should lobby for your handle to be "fasso"

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Tthank you, but flattery will get you nowhere.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Now Faos that’s not really nice. I know how much of a baby you are about these things so I have been consciously staying out of your threads and avoiding any interaction with you.

You should thank me! :cool:

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

After the election, we are going to have a lot to sort out with regard to polling and the biased media's use of them to make Obama seem more like a legitimate candidate for President.

The media has used polls to shape public opinion in this election cycle, there is no doubt about it.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

TTB, then.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this can be your new project

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Couldn't you just list your favorites and follow them?

All I am doing is posting info.....that I find interesting....you can choose to ignore it, and not educate yourself if you like.

:D

Trader, Iroc It, Basso, BigTexx...etc....and avoid the rest?

After the election, I won't be here as much......this election has me riveted though...

DD

17. rocket3forlife2

Another product of

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w39FnpuMRfo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w39FnpuMRfo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tj getting fitted for his tin foil hat. It will be his primary fashion accessory for the next 8 years.

[​IMG]

19. SamFisher

Edit: I just found the original context of Billy boy's map - it contains the nonsensical disclaimer:

Are we meant to imply from this that the grayed out states are currently closely contested? It doesn't say this on the map.

Anyway let's check the AP's polling of these "closely contested" states -

Actually wait - AP's main polling agency, Ipsos, doesn't do state level polling, LMFAO. Or if it does, I can't find them listed anywhere on any of the poll sites

So anyway, let's check how closely contested these states are according to 538:

IA Obama +11.7
    MI Obama +11.3
    MN Obama +9.5
    NH Obama +7
    NM Obama +7.6
    OR Obama +14.2
    WI Obama +10.5

LOL - some real barnburners there

PS - I see nothing about Rocketball's "tightening" argumen.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow. O'Really's overlords really cracked the whip on him after his multi-part interview with Obama left him impressed. I bet that was one harsh staff meeting. Probably something like this, at FAUX headquarters:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgGc9kruiLQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgGc9kruiLQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>