1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly takes aim at San Francisco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Saint Louis, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

MSNBC article

Robertson says God will destroy Dover, PA. O'Reilly is begging terrorists to take out San Francisco. Obey the Republicans or the sky is going to fall!

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"We should send the terrorists to San Francisco with some of those little loofa things and kinda soap up their backs...rub it all over them, get them to relax...cuz I think they have really spectacular boobs."

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

O'Reilly responding to a question about the size of his ding-dong.

Keep D&D Civil.

4. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

"If only my penis was this big, then I'd get all the ladies." - Bill

5. insane man

insane man Member

san fran freaking has basically universal healthcare for minors.

i have nothing but respect for anyone who does that regardless of my personal moral viewpoints on homosexuality.

god bless gavin.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

More rightwing nut wackiness ...

Televangelist Robertson warns town of God's wrath
    Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:17 PM ET6
    By Alan Elsner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Conservative Christian televangelist Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting "intelligent design" and warned them on Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck.

Robertson, a former Republican presidential candidate and founder of the influential conservative Christian Broadcasting Network and Christian Coalition, has a long record of similar apocalyptic warnings and provocative statements.

Last summer, he hit the headlines by calling for the assassination of leftist Venezuelan Present Hugo Chavez, one of President George W. Bush's most vocal international critics.

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

The 700 Club claims a daily audience of around one million. It is also broadcast around the world translated into more than 70 languages.

In voting on Tuesday, all eight Dover, Pennsylvania, school board members up for re-election lost their seats after trying to introduce "intelligent design" to high school science students as an alternative to the theory of evolution.

Adherents of intelligent design argue that certain forms in nature are too complex to have evolved through natural selection and must have been created by a "designer." Opponents say it is the latest attempt by conservatives to introduce religion into the school science curriculum.

The Dover case sparked a trial in federal court that gained nationwide attention after the school board was sued by parents backed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The board ordered schools to read students a short statement in biology classes informing them that the theory of evolution is not established fact and that gaps exist in it.

The statement mentioned intelligent design as an alternate theory and recommended students read a book that explained the theory further. A decision in the case is expected before the end of the year.

In 1998, Robertson warned the city of Orlando, Florida that it risked hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist bombs after it allowed homosexual organizations to put up rainbow flags in support of sexual diversity.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

#6 No Worries, Nov 11, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I saw this on Countdown. Olberman had Mo Rocca on and he did a little Daily Show style analysis of both of them and pointed out something I didn't know. It was about Robertson Praying for a Hurricane to change course and miss his HQ in Virginia and when it did, he went on TV to rejoice completely ignoring the fact that it destroyed many suburbs that were in it's path.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If there was a God who did what Pat Robertson says, would his followers really be closed-minded morons?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

never insert a period where God left a comma. :)

10. thadeus

Or, never put an obese fascist wannabe where God intended to leave a smoking crater.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That terrorist supporter... ;)

O'Reilly is a business person first, "pundit" second. This is just free publicity, and he knows it.

13. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

How idiotic!!! I refuse to believe God rejects people based on how they vote in an election. Most Christians would agree with me that if you turn to God, God will not turn his back on you. We are all fallible by nature. If our fallacies caused God to reject us, then God would not be a source to turn to for anyone alive today. No one!!!

In the Islamic faith, there is a Hadeeth (saying of the Prophet PBUH) that if you stare a mountain, it represents your sins. Now, while staring at the mountain, if a fly sits on your nose, then the fly represents your good deeds while the mountain still represents your shortcomings. Along the same lines (I don't know if this is in the Qur'an or if this is a Haddeth), God says that if you walk towards Him, He will run towards you. The point of me saying this is twofold. First, you will always sin and you never be able to outweigh your sins with good deeds. Hence why the fly is your good deeds and the mountain represents your sin. Similarly, if you turn to God (i.e. walks towards Him), He will run towards you. He will not turn a deaf ear to the prayers of His servants.

Pat Robertson needs to stop playing politician. The man means well, but I think he does mainstream Christianity a great disservice.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Anyone see O’Reilly’s appearance on Letterman last night? Pretty funny

transcript...

Bill O’Reilly: “I think that the Iraq thing has been full of unintended consequences and it’s a vital thing for the country and it's brutal, it’s absolutely brutal. We should all take it very seriously. This simplistic stuff about hating Bush or he lied and all this stuff, does the country no good at all. We've got to win this thing. You have to win it. And even though it's a screw-up, giant, massive, all right, right now, for everybody's protection, it's best for the world to have a democracy in that country functioning and friendly to the West, is it not?”

David Letterman: “Yes, absolutely.”

O’Reilly: “Okay, so let's stop with the lying and the this and the that and the undermining and let's get him. That is putting us all in danger. So our philosophy is we call it as we see it. Sometimes you agree, sometimes you don't. Robust debate is good. But we believe that the United States, particularly the military, are doing a noble thing, a noble thing. The soldiers and Marines are noble. They're not terrorists. And when people call them that, like Cindy Sheehan called the insurgents 'freedom fighters,’ we don't like that. It is a vitally important time in American history. And we should all take it very seriously. Be very careful with what we say.”

Letterman: “Well, and you should be very careful with what you say also.” [audience applause]

O’Reilly: “Give me an example.”

Letterman: “How can you possibly take exception with the motivation and the position of someone like Cindy Sheehan?”

O’Reilly: “Because I think she’s run by far-left elements in this country. I feel bad for the woman.”

Letterman: “Have you lost family members in armed conflict?”

O’Reilly: “No, I have not.”

Letterman: “Well, then you can hardly speak for her, can you?” [applause]

O’Reilly: “I’m not speaking for her. Let me ask you this question.”

Letterman, referring back to O’Reilly’s examples of a war on Christmas: “Let’s go back to your little red and green stories.”

O’Reilly: “This is important, this is important. Cindy Sheehan lost a son, a professional soldier in Iraq, correct? She has a right to grieve any way she wants, she has a right to say whatever she wants. When she says to the public that the insurgents and terrorists are 'freedom fighters,’ how do you think, David Letterman, that makes people who lost loved ones, by these people blowing the Hell out of them, how do you think they feel, waht about their feelings, sir?”

Letterman: “What about, why are we there in the first place? [applause] The President himself, less than a month ago said we are there because of a mistake made in intelligence. Well, whose intelligence? It was just somebody just get off a bus and handed it to him?”

Bill O’Reilly: “No.”

Letterman: “No, it was the intelligence gathered by his administration.”

O’Reilly: “By the CIA.”

Letterman: “Yeah, so why are we there in the first place? I agree to you, with you that we have to support the troops. They are there, they are the best and the brightest of this country. [audience applause] There’s no doubt about that. And I also agree that now we’re in it it’s going to take a long, long time. People who expect it’s going to be solved and wrapped up in a couple of years, unrealistic, it’s not going to happen. However, however, that does not eliminate the legitimate speculation and concern and questioning of ‘Why the Hell are we there to begin with?’”

O’Reilly: “If you want to question that, and then revamp an intelligence agency that’s obviously flawed, the CIA, okay. But remember, MI-6 in Britain said the same thing. Putin’s people in Russia said the same thing, and so did Mubarak’s intelligence agency in Egypt.”

Letterman: “Well then that makes it all right?”

O’Reilly: “No it doesn’t make it right.”

Letterman: “That intelligence agencies across the board makes it alright that we’re there?”

O’Reilly: “It doesn’t make it right.”

Letterman: “See, I’m very concerned about people like yourself who don’t have nothing but endless sympathy for a woman like Cindy Sheehan. Honest to Christ.” [audience applause]

O’Reilly: “No, I’m sorry.”

Letterman: “Honest to Christ.”

“O’Reilly: “No way. [waits for applause to die down] No way you’re going to get me, no way that a terrorist who blows up women and children.”

Letterman: “Do you have children?”

O’Reilly: “Yes I do. I have a son the same age as yours. No way a terrorist who blows up women and children is going to be called a ‘freedom fighter’ on my program.” [mild audience applause]

Letterman: “I’m not smart enough to debate you point to point on this, but I have the feeling, I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap. [audience laughter] But I don’t know that for a fact. [more audience applause]

Paul Shafer: “60 percent.”

Letterman: “60 percent. I'm just spit-balling here.”

O’Reilly: “Listen, I respect your opinion. You should respect mine.”

Letterman: “Well, ah, I, okay. But I think you’re-”

O’Reilly: “Our analysis is based on the best evidence we can get.”

Letterman: “Yeah, but I think there’s something, this fair and balanced. I'm not sure that it's, I don't think that you represent an objective viewpoint.”

O’Reilly: “Well, you’re going to have to give me an example if you're going to make those claims.”

Letterman: “Well I don’t watch your show so that would be impossible.”

O’Reilly: “Then why would you come to that conclusion if you don't watch the program?”

Letterman: “Because of things that I’ve read, things that I know.”

O’Reilly: “Oh come on, you're going to take things that you've read. You know what say about you? Come on. Watch it for a couple, look, watch it for a half hour. You'll get addicted. You'll be a Factor fan, we'll send you a hat.”

Letterman: “You’ll send me a hat. Well, send Cindy Sheehan a hat”

O’Reilly: “I’ll be happy to.”

http://newsbusters.org/node/3454

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

WOW!

dave pwnd o'reilly. i wish he would have called him on his recent comments inviting al-queda to attack san fran and specifically calling for them to blow up a building which was built in honor of firefighters.

or maybe asked him about his fictional book "those who trespass", that has scenes with a pimp and 2 15 year old girls smoking crack and them giving him b.j.s.

16. thadeus

I watched that last night. Did you notice that when Letterman is goofing around before O'Rly comes out, that Letterman stirs the cup of water/coffee/whatever sitting on the desk with his pencil?

Later in the segment, O'Rly asks "Is this mine?" - Letterman says, "Yes." - and O'Rly takes a drink.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I guess st. louis didn't want to be next.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

dang it! I missed that! :D

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

That is some serious owning by Letterman. I never knew he had it in him.

20. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

The exchange between Dave and Paul over the "60% crap" part was a nice touch too.