1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly Surprised That Blacks Are Not Crazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. right1

right1 Member

I guess. Barack is brown, tan, cafe. His mom is Caucasian. His dad is African. Who knows what Basso's sister is or what her pigmentation is? I guess she must be darker than Obama. Does that or anything Obama says surprise MrRolo? I don't know that either. And you'll have to ask Mr. Clutch if it surprises him that Barack is not racist.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well, the bottom line is, Jesse Jackson says Obama isn't black enough, so he might as well be white ... he's dead to me!

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. O'Reilly was basically Michael Scott from the Office talking to Stanley. It makes now sense that people are acting like it wasn't offensive.

4. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

He just sounds uneducated on black people. That will happen if you have had little to no black friends.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Spare me. Under any Jim Crow law he's black.

This is an example of a really twisted approach to Obama by Cons. Notice that they keep trying to push the meme that he's not black enough, as if that will somehow split the African-American vote and half will end up voting for Rudy or Mitt. :rolleyes: It has the added benefit of reminding the base that Obama is indeed black. If there's ever evidence needed that the current Republican Party is based in part on racist appeals, look no further.

(Anticipating Robert Byrd KKK reference in 3, 2, 1...)

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add to that almost all the GOP candidates refusing to debate at functions held in minority forums. Many of the candidates didn't even respond to the invitations.

They make it painfully obvious.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for his line of work I don't believe he is lacking education on black people.. and if he has no black friends they maybe he is racist

8. rimrocker

I don't have any Chinese friends, yet when I meet a person of Chinese heritage, I'm not surprised they're not doing laundry or building railroads.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Far be it from me to defend a boob like O'Reilly, who I totally loathe, but it seems like the comments were made by him to make fun of his Grandmother's views on other races, not to describe how he felt. The comments were totally taken out of context. Hell, even Al Sharpton didn't have a problem with them.

Of course, he's got a huge target on his forehead (which is also huge, btw) so it doesn't surprise me that so many people jumped on him about this (including CNN? :confused: ). The ironic thing is, this whole "story" only adds to his fake wanna-be outlaw image that he likes to portray and works so hard to preserve. So he's actually benefiting from it.

#109 ima_drummer2k, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you practically contradicted yourself with that list.

NYC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>houston

dude, this isn't even close... and i love houston's dining establishments.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

houston has alot of chinese restaurants but I doubt many of them are actually run by chinese americans. oth, I would guess houston's korean and vietnamese restaurants would hold up against any city's.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You hit the nail on the head.

13. SWTsig

i'm sorry, but new orleans as a whole is not on the same level of houston. they have great food, but outside of creole and cajun houston has NO beat across the board.

houston was just ranked 6th behind NYC, chicago, san fran, la, and NO... but like i said, houston offers such a wider variety of quality establishments, imo.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18180062/

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly is smacks of such phrases
    "You're ok . . for a black guy"
    "You're not like the others. . . You're different"

Rocket River

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Houston's restaurants beat the living crap out of LA's restaurants, unless you have a penchant for overpriced food and dime-sized portions.

Fatburger references in 3, 2, 1.....

16. SWTsig

i've got limited experiences in NYC, LA, and NO... but the only 3 cities that i would hands down put above houston (just going off reputation of chi and san fran) is NYC, chicago, and san fran.

the few restaurants i've been to in LA were nothing spectacular.

17. Rockets Dynasty

How can anyone actually watch Fox Noise Channel? Seriously has the average American REALLY gotten THAT stupid?

18. rimrocker

Nope, not out of context:

"I," not "My grandmother."

As for Sharpton:

Finally, maybe this will elevate him among those disposed to think like him, but for the rest of the country, it looks like a tipping point for BillO.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice, use a quote from a guy who didnt even hear the broadcast and the context?

Tipping point? :D give me a break. Even though some have tried hard to make is some big news story, it is not and the majority really dont care. its only being recirculated by a very small, and somewhat radical, population that just hates bill for many other reasons...not b/c of what he said here.

20. Rockets Dynasty

Well I'm a white guy. I'm not racist in the least bit at all. But one thing that really got me was I came from an extremely racist area of white rednecks, basically let's say EVERY house would be a typical O'Reilly viewer.

Anyway, my family and I just were not racist though. I had a really good black friend when I was young. Really close bud.

But I saw how racist most the white people were EXTREMELY RACIST.

The thing that got me was when I joined the Navy how because so many of the white people were such total racists that when I got around all the blacks in the Navy I was lumped in with being one too by all the blacks. I heard every racist comment you can imagine from blacks.

I even had one guy attack me because he "hates whitey".

The weird thing was I ended up having some of my closest friends there being blacks, BUT they were all black guys and girls that didn't care that I was white. To them I was just another person, not a "white guy" and to me they were just another person not a "black dude" or "black woman".

Anyone that had a hang up about me being white just acted like a racist thug towards me. Which was the same ridiculous behavior I saw from the white rednecks who just hated all blacks and wanted them all dead.

The scary thing is you really see first hand, half the people are not racist whether black or white, the other half are, again whether black or white.

And don't get me into when I lived in Los Angeles.........my god EVERY racial group there is so blatantly racist BUT they all act like they are not.

O'Reilly is the LA style racist. Acting all big city and "interacts with blacks" and all that BS and in reality is the biggest bigot around.

In the south people just flat out say they are racist to your face, in LA they know better because saying it out loud gets you dead.

In the military you see true colors real fast. As far as I am concerned I think all racist people regardless of color are pathetic excuses of human beings.

And as for Houston, come on anyone who has lived in Texas knows how white people generally feel about minorities in Texas. No surprise at all comments here by some people defend this stuff from Bill.

I would be shocked actually if you didn't have people defending him. Everything is bigger in Texas, even the bigotry.