1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly Surprised That Blacks Are Not Crazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Doesn't that ignorance breed racism and isn't that precisely the point here? For years Mr. Know It All has pushed his ignorant opinions and that has an effect on his viewers.

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Never liked this guy.

3. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I like O'reily, at least he shows his ignorance and/or racist beliefs and doesn't sugar coat his beliefs then talk behind our (black people's) backs like a good percentage of whites do. Nothing white people say or do surprises me anymore. Wake me up when/if Obama gets elected president, then maybe there will be something surprising up white people's sleeves but until then this racism surge in coverage through the media is nothing new to a black man.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Who cares? Why is this even considered news?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wonder if he left a tip?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Definitely deserves mention. My brother-in law is Cajun and a fine cook, (killer gumbo... if you could send his gumbo to Iraq, the insurgency would be over) and I've always loved Cajun and Creole cuisine. Good call, although I wouldn't say rimbaud is out of his mind not to mention the city. Since Katrina, it's not hard to assume, without thinking, that New Orleans' cuisine has been washed away as well. I'm sure that isn't the case, although Austin has at least one little place in a SW strip center that has excellent food, and is owned and operated by what I believe to be expatriates.

And thanks, rimmy, for the support, although I don't think Houston's food is "bad," just that those who believe it's the cat's pajamas in the culinary sphere are going a bit overboard.

D&D. Impeach Mr. Bankrupting America, Busy Passing on The War to The Next President.

#86 Deckard, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could agree with you about O'Reilly not sugar-coating his beliefs, but the sad thing is that he doesn't understand his own ignorance. So it isn't like he's trying to take a stand and not backing down because his beliefs are unpopular. I think he's just clueless.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama is white. at least, his pigmentation is lighter than my sister's, and he has a white mommy.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone please tell me I didn't just read that. ^^^

D&D. Impeach Mr. Bankrupting America, Busy Passing on The War to The Next President.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not even close if you know where to eat in both cities (and I love them both).

Just consider the number of places to eat, statistically, and the pure numbers support it. Even there, Houston's numbers are sadly inflated (# of eateries) by all the drive-through slop.

11. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

so what about the north african ktichen (morocco and algerie), are there any resaurants from these countries in houston?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You are a RACIST.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I do miss the BBQ from the good ladies from Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Huntsvllie though.

:(

14. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes it is about food, sometimes it is about a celebrity chef. What I meant, though, was cutting edge food in the good sense. NY has it, Houston doesnt.

No way, LA high end is often so specifically regional and often, in my opinion, style over substance. NY is more about hardcore foodies.

Weslinder - I didn't mean to say that Houston is immediately after those listed just in that laevel but definitely after those. Beyond that it can be debated. New Orleans, for example is less global but has more of the celebrity "wow" factor.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Do people really not get why what he said shows Bill-O to be prejudiced? If in your office, you met with a client who was black, would you compliment him by saying, "wow, I can't believe you didn't use ebonics with me during our meeting?"

If I spent the day with Bill-O, would it be a compliment if I said to everybody "Wow, I can't believe he didn't sexually harass any of his female employees and coworkers?"

Bill's not a racist, he doesn't hate black people, he just doesn't respect them and assumes the worst of all of them.

"f Bill O'Reilly got caught robbing a bank he would say he was taken out of context"

16. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

LOL i can see that image

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He'd probably wait around to anticipate the shock of the waitresses face at his whopping 15% tip.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i love how olbermann always rips him off for the false info he gives sometimes

#98 Nice Rollin, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  19. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Even if you truly believe that, the majority do not share the same perspective. Just like the election process, your view or even if your whole community believes Obama is a white guy doesn't matter/change much.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is this a joke?