1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly Surprised That Blacks Are Not Crazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats the truth. sad.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Deckard you're crazy and need your houston pass revoked. houston has the best restaurants and if not its not rivaled by ny. not even close.

edit: ny may have a slightly higher variety of types of foods.

the best thing about ny food are the stands on the different corners. you can't get that in houston

3. Fatty FatBastard

Thank you.

I can't believe he thinks their Asian food is so much better than Houston's. Seriously, Deck. When was the last time you ate in Houston? A lot has changed in 20 years.

4. right1

right1 Member

Wow. I just found out how to cut my grocery bill in half. No more salmon or catfish. Hello gar balls!!! Lemme grab my cane pole. I'm off to the bayou!!!

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i love the food in houston and i miss the stuff i can't get here. but please, austin is to houston as houston is to new york. sorry you guys went to the wrong places when you were visiting. next time you come you should request a list a good eats from those of us that know.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fatty, I go to Houston several times a year. To tell the truth, my mom makes better food than I can get in any restaurant, but I'm not blind to the fact that you can get many different kinds of food elsewhere that is simply better than what you can get in Houston. (or Austin)

D&D. Impeach Mr. Bankrupting America, Busy Passing on The War to The Next President.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with you. Besides Mexican food, Houston food is pretty weak in comparison.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I don't know if he's a racist, but Bill does like to stereotype certain ethnic groups. I think it was just a Freudian slip...

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Asian food quality has improved the last time I visited Houston, but it still can't beat California's....

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Our Movies? Our Musics?

interesting

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

come on man . . . stepping in to defend O'Reilly . .. well
    that is the LEAST HE CAN DO!!

Rocket River

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This post offends me.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't even know if bill was serious or kidding and I don't care but don't defend negative stereotyping if that is what he did. even if he has a point about how black people have portrayed ourselves in the media, two wrongs don't make a right.

its okay for someone to get their ideas of black people from a fifty cent video. goodness

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm always surprised when white people aren't racist.

15. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Houston's Chinese food is pretty bad compare to the other parts of the country. Vancouver cananda has the best chinese food in north america but Houston don't come close to SF, LA, or NY. We do not have a huge chinese population compare to those cities just because we have a big asian population. As for Japanese food, it sucks here in houston. Its like all japanese restaurants here are the same, Phily roll, dragon roll, spicy tuna roll. Give me a break. Authenic Japanese food don't have that crap. We need a real japanese restaurant in Houston.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm not a conservative, so feel free.

We're only an eighth of the population in this society. We're more largely represented in big cities, but much, much less in the suburbs or in the middle of the country. A lot of non-blacks outside of large cities just don't interact with alot of blacks on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis; and a larger portion of their perceptions of blacks will be driven by what they see in the media and pop culture. Much of what black writers, producers and performers present in the media reinforces all the negative traits to which O'Reilly was alluding. Nothing ridicuous about any of that.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dude this isn't 1920. people have more opportunities to learn about black people than a music video. open a book, get on the net. if someone chooses to have a negative image of black people because of Rap City its a conscious effort.

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to support Deckard in his "NY is generally a better food city than Houston" stance. Although unlike him I think Houston is one of the better cities for food.

In addition to the ethnic he mentioned (Asian (including Indian), Italian, Greek, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, pizza overall (although Dolce Vita here is as good as any "fine" Roman-style pizza in NY...which is dominated by Naples-style), they have better French, Continental, fish & chips, vegetarian, New American (or any other "new" style), etc. Mexican and Latin American are generally better here although a new place (for me) called Zocalo is really solid central Mexican and Yucatan style food. Further, NY has better "high end" restaurants across the board - the kind that set trends and can revolutionize the industry. Really no city can compete with NY in the US so it is unfair to do so with Houston. Houston probably falls in the second tier, though, after Chicago, San Fran, LA (even though I don't like the latter).

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

a) does this really have to do with food though

and

b) aren't the "high end" restaurants in los angeles better

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

New Orleans says that you are out of your mind.