1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly Surprised That Blacks Are Not Crazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:confused:

houston has great restaurants, of all types...

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Possibly Italian? Come on, Fatty, there is no comparison when it comes to ethnic foods, excepting Mexican. I understand why you may not have been impressed, however. A good friend of mine, the good old boy who went from Hughes Tool machinist to Harvard MBA financial wiz, loved New York, but hated the lack of Tex-Mex, BBQ, East Texas comfort food, and good iced tea. I can relate to that. It's all the other fabulous food they have that I wish we could get in Texas.

D&D. Impeach What's His Name.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Their Chinese food is heads and shoulders above ours. Their Italian food doesn't even belong in the same sentence. Their pizza (yes it is a separate category) is way better. Their seafood is much better.

In general I prefer their food because they have so many niche restaurants as opposed to the chain restaurants we have down here. Oh, and our seafood is bad.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

twana brawley was unavailable for comment.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't that he was being malicious overtly. It is that he expected different behavior of the people at the restaraunt because of their race. He charactereized that behavior he expected as "craziness", and believed they would be profane as well.

It isn't just because he mentioned a particular race as your satire would suggest.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJhe00QSlBI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJhe00QSlBI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was a back handed compliment, but it wasn't racist on the comments alone. Too much attention is paid upon these non-stories.

O'Reily sure as hell doesn't need to apologize.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If Bill O'Reilly thinks that people that eat soul food aren't crazy, he's eating soul food at the wrong places. They eat ox tail, and gar balls, and sometimes even pigs feet.

(Yeah, I ate soul food yesterday. It was really good.)

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Getting offended. It's the national pastime.

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You should have it after they put the voodoo on it.

yum!

11. Fatty FatBastard

Just curious which cuisines you are talking about?

I was not a fan of New York pizza (but I've never been a big pizza guy anyway).
    I was impressed by their sushi houses larger varieties, but Houston has caught up to them mostly in the past few years.
    I was sorely disappointed by the street vendors. I'll, take a taqueria stand anyday over their flavorless hot dogs. And the knish was awful.
    I love delicatessens. And theirs were better. But we have decent NY deli's in Houston.
    With the Asian population in Houston, I can't imagint New Yorks being much better than ours in any specific area (Chinese, Thai, etc.)
    I'm not a fan of Indian food, so I can't judge those places.
    I can definitely see New York having better French and Greek restaurants. And I'm sure there are a lot more Eastern European selections, but I'll take our Steakhouses, Tex-Mex, BBQ and CFS over those selections.

And as far as Seafood? Please. Other than Lobster, our seafood is on par with anything New York has.

Am I missing a region in cuisine that Houston is lacking? (I can't vouch for Austin. I haven't eaten there enough. But to say Austin & Houston's eating selections are similar is a silly discussion.)

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

um, yes.

13. justtxyank

Ahhh. Now that the context is explained it makes total sense.

14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

"This is almost funny, if it wasn't so dangerous for the nation."

Shut the **** up.

15. justtxyank

Some people are going to be attacked no matter what they say.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Is this gar balls? I googled it...

Ingredients:

3 pounds garfish meat
    8 medium baking potatoes
    2 onions
    1 egg
    1 cup mixed onion tops & parsley (chopped fine)
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    Cajun seasoning to taste

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

A thread about Bill O'Reilly & black people turns into a argument about Houston restaurants vs. New York restaurants.

I love ClutchFans.net! :D

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

That's it. Gar meat is nasty, however gar balls somehow turn out really good.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I cann't talk about other food but New York Chinese food is great, makes me hungry thinking about it. :p

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Any kind of Italian, including pizza, is better there. Yes, seafood is better there. Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese are all better there. Pretty much any ethnic food, excepting what I mentioned earlier in my previous post, is better there. I went out of my way to mention what Texas has that New York can't touch. Honestly, Fatty, did you get out much? Maybe you were just busy. :)

D&D. Impeach What's His Name.