1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Reilly Surprised That Blacks Are Not Crazy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

O'Reilly is about as interesting as Spanoulis.
    Can Bill sign on with Greek TV?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wow, black people have normal restaurants and don't eat in the middle of crackhouse 2liveCrew gunfights with hoochie mama hizzos running around? Who would have thought! Not Bill O'Reilly that's for sure, and I guess not a lot of people posting in this thread! You learn something new every day! Thanks for the context!

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I loves me some Sylvia's!

Mainly because I can have a great meal and not be surrounded by a bunch of pasty ass white people. The iced tea is good too!

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Did we see the whole transcript of the radio conversation? Did you read it personally? For all we know he was saying this in jest or was lecturing a caller or something he had heard, etc.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wow, i try to avoid getting into with you because its nice to have a black conservative on the board, but your post is disturbing. sounds like you need to go hang out with some more blacks.

so i should expect that whites should get their attitudes about me from movies. that's great, i'll go on thinking every white guy is ignorant like will ferrell or some type of james bond type.

your post is ridiculous.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

where am I missing out on all the hobbits and elves, I mean that's what white people are like in lord of the rings, right? :rolleyes:

I would love to hit some elf chick like liv tyler

#26 pgabriel, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I wonder what was on the menu. Probably just five items. Fried chicken, collard greens, corn bread, watermelon and malt liquor.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I was down in Texas a few weeks ago, and I went to this bbq place called Goode Company and I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Goode Company and any restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by Texans, primarily Texan patronship.

There wasn't one person in Goode Company who was screaming, "Yee Haah, I want more iced tea."

You know, I mean, everybody was -- it was like going into an Italian restaurant in Manhattan in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all.

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Bill is probably used to movie theaters.

10. justtxyank

Classic

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

:eek: so many compliments for Texans!

nice post.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I've actually heard things on the radio said in Jest or being used mockingly, and then seen it in the press later completely out of context. It's not unusual at all these days. Its the most frustrating thing about politically charged articles now. The funny thing about O'Reilly & Sharpton is that although they disagree about many things politically, they really respect each other as people.

oh yeah...ate at Sylvia's when I went to New York...good stuff. Funny that what most people call "soul food" is just plain southern country folk food. My grandfather grew collard & mustard greens in his garden for our dinner.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just wish we had a fraction of the great eateries in Houston and Austin that they have in New York. No, they don't have our BBQ or Tex-Mex, not that's worth a damn, last I heard, and getting great chicken-fried steak might be damn near impossible (and great iced tea), but other than that, we lose, people. Of course, they are missing out on those glorious things I mentioned. ;)

D&D. Impeach Dildo and His Battery.

14. right1

right1 Member

It seems to me that Bill O'Reilly is simply making fun of the ignorant stereotypes held by some whites about blacks.

Another thought. Here in Houston we have a Hispanic radio station called La Raza, which of course plays Latin music. I could only imagine the uproar if there was a station called The Race which played only country music. Just a thought. It's really no big deal. Everyone should be proud of their heritage. Some things just get blown way out of proportion.

15. justtxyank

They are cheap on ice. I ordered a sprite and it was room temperature with two cubes in it. I felt like I was in Seinfeld when I asked the guy if he could bring me some more. I almost expected him to say "I can't spare a square" just by the look on his face.

16. justtxyank

That's what it sounds like to me. The fact that the King of Racism Al Sharpton isn't even getting worked up but wants clarification means this is a non story.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They're weird about that, aren't they? Damn Yankees! ;)

D&D. Impeach Goofus and His Buddy.

18. Fatty FatBastard

Besides possibly Italian, why do you think New York eateries are better? I lived there a few years ago and I wasn't overly impressed by any of their food over Houston's.,

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I was scared to go to black restaurants, but thanks to Bill O'Reilly's courage, I feel like I can venture in and not be subject to people yelling like Samuel L. Jackson.

What an idiot.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"they are cheap"...god thats so racist. And the reference to seinfeld...someone jewish. :rolleyes:

;)

What someone says can be easily misrepresented and misunderstood. I know you can make a fuss about what he said, but i dont see any maliciousness in what oreillys said. I do however see some in how people are responding to crucify him for it.

a big fuss over nothing serious, imo.