1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien to take a knee with players

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jun 12, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Many of us watch sports to find an escape from the nastiness of politics. Introducing this ugly race battle into sports (and the national anthem of all places) is very tiresome and NOT what the normal sports fan cares to see. None of the players -- literally none of them -- are intellectually qualified to lecture anyone else on moral/societal issues. Otherwise, we'd have combine tests for anthropology, philosophy, and history. I would wager to guess that 80% of NFL players cannot define the word 'anthropology'. It's pretty dumb of the players to think that the fans actually care about their social stances. I surely do not.

Keep in mind that blacks have the highest standard of living globally right here in the USA. And athletes on the field moaning about their mistreatment are fabulously wealthy compared to the average white American. One can only surmise what an impoverished South African living in the slums has to say about the situation...

raining threes likes this.
  2. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

How soon we forget... Kaepernick's protest disparaged both the flag and the police. Mocking both.

[​IMG]

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I asked how JJ Watt is disparaging good cops. Pretty sure those aren't Watt's socks. Nice try on the deflection though.

4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

My answer was spot on - you'll catch up soon. Kneeling in protest disrespects the police. That's a pillar of the entire movement. JJ Watt kneeling alongside the protesters takes up their misguided cause and disrespects all cops - both good and bad.

Duke Fan likes this.
  5. bobrek

Your answer had absolutely nothing to do with Watt. Watt has none absolutely nothing that has disparaged good cops that I am aware of in his professional career. So...we have now gone to kneeling disrespects the flag....disrespects the military...disrespects good cops

What does this disrespect?

Blatz likes this.
  6. showa13

showa13 Member

As a 28 year old black male, all I can say is yikes.

NotInMyHouse, houstonstime and magman like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

It won’t be long before college football is doing the same thing. Shooting guns is always an option and can be a lot of fun.

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

Why is it no one says anything when the flag is on a case of shi**y beer or some fat chick s short shorts?

Is it because no one really cares about the flag, but not wanting to hear the message behind the protest? The world wonders.... Well, not really, everyone knows how full of crap the flag molesters are.

NotInMyHouse and BigShasta like this.
  9. raining threes

I will watch some, but now I will do other things like golfing/going to the beach/going to the shooting range etc ... Difference is the NFL won't be must see TV anymore.

ROXRAN likes this.
  10. raining threes

I will or better yet my wife will find plenty of things for me to do.

LOL

Nook likes this.
  11. bobrek

So... the kneeling didn't cause you to turn off the NFL completely?

I guess I could say I am boycotting if that is the criteria.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

NBA players and coaches are taking shots at Goodell and the NFL for their kneeling policy when the NBA has rules that forbids it. Why aren't NBA players taking a stand and going after their own league and take a knee?

Lebron and the rest of the NBA better be taking a knee the rest of the season or they are hypocrites.

13. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

I give it until week 5 until owners go to Goodell and demand this cease. Everyone that actually goes to these dumb games and spends 20 bucks for a hotdog would rather use that cash for anything else.

14. bobrek

If everyone in the stands are truly patriotic Americans, they will never see the kneeling since they will be standing straight and gazing at the flag like I am sure you do when watching a game at home.

Just like this guy

NotInMyHouse and CallMeTheDream like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Get rid of the anthem. No protest . Play ball. Case closed. Everyone happy

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am pretty sure a GREEN BERET ZOMG suggested to stop sitting during the anthem and start taking a knee as it looks less disrespectful.

17. Major

Major Member

You could have simply clicked the link to the article that I provided that provided direct quotes from said Green Beret. Since that seems to be far too high an expectation for you, I'll include them here in the hopes that you might become a tad less ignorant:

"The thoughts that ran through my head about kneeling were of pictures in the history books of somebody kneeling before the king to be knighted, somebody proposing to their wife, taking a knee to pray in the Catholic Church," Boyer told Reuters. "I just couldn't think in any way that it could be construed as disrespectful."

Boyer said Kaepernick would go down in history as a galvanizing force for racial equality.

"He was standing up for — or taking a knee for — millions and millions of people that don't have the platform and don't have a voice."

NotInMyHouse and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

ie unlike sitting which is what he was doing previous. meaning nothing i posted was incorrect. at least you got your smarmy post of the hour in.

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. conquistador#11

I love that video. Melania's shaming gaze at him. How it's not a campaign ad is beyond me other than the Dems are really bad at propaganda. Maybe the Lincoln project will come up with something.