1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O' Brien fired as HC and GM by Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Edit: double post. Shouldn't have dumbed here.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The reason O’Brien had control was because Watson wanted him. He probably would have never had complete control with Watson’s support. We now know what type of person Watson is. I think Cal McNair learned a lesson in the last 2 years. Hire a competent GM, let him do his job, Hire a competent and respected coach. McCown was being pushed by Easterby and we do know it was shot down in 2021 by McNair. 2022, Easterby again was trying to protect himself with McCown. After Flores lawsuit, we know Cal pivoted to Lovie. Caserio wanted the Eagles DC (control became the issue). After all that, you noticed Cal is out and about in the media because he see that the buzz around the Texans is different in public perception. Easterby has probably lost his football influence and is a dead man walking in the Texans organization.
    After all that had in the last 3 years, the Texans are in a good space with draft capital and good football people. Now it is time to forget about Watson and O’Brien and win some games.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He almost cost Alabama the game, dude is a turd of a coach.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/maybe-just-maybe-bill-o’brien-knows-what-he-is-doing.301302/

I like to present to the forum evidence of Mr. Scarface dck riding BoB as his number #1 fan.
    Didn't seem like you thought he sucked as a Gm when u created this sht thread. Maybe i should necro bump it once in awhile to remind u of how much of a dck rider u were for BoB.

U can pretend all you want that u didn't like BoB as the rest of us, your posts says otherwise

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Beginning of the 2019 season, where the Texans went 10-6, won a playoff game, and before he became GM in title. Players PLAYED for him. 4 seasons ago. Get a ****ing life and move on. After that season, I wanted him gone after those playoff games. Watson was the reason he got to keep his job. Go look at my post after the Bills’ game. I was never an O’Brien fan. However, I do believe coaches have the right to implement their vision. If it fails, they get fired. The problem the Texans made is they gave BoB too much power.

You need to move on. Go suck off your boyfriend or something.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

"I was never an BoB fan".

Pffft yet u decided to make a thread for folks to eat crow about BoB.

Once a delusional BoB Stan always one.

Keep telling folks u were never a BoB Stan maybe one day u will find a protégé or someone dumb enough to swallow that bs.

Sht coach, sht gm. Didn't take a genius to see that he was mediocre to average at best. Sadly folks like u got blinded by the afc south titles. It's okay to b stupid, it takes a real man to admit they were wrong about something instead of wiping away a few season of posting acting like someone they aren't. I'm not the only one that thinks u are a BoB boot licker just one of the more vocal ones.

Just a few months ago u were like
    Pffft like anyone scared of BoB aside from u. BoB can't coach. The fact that u still fear his coaching in 2022 shows how much dk rider u are for BoB.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize the QB everyone seems to want for the Texans...is coached by Bill O'Brien? Won the Heisman last year. If BoB is just a **** coach, that doesn't happen. Also, Watson developed as a QB...under O'Brien.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U do realize that talent can succeed despite incompetent coaching?

Watson would have been fine with anyone coaching him. All those clutch plays that he pulled out of his a$$ weren't in obrien playbook.

Sht coach.
    Texans winning the division wasn't bc of BoB ability to coach, it was bc the talent was good enough to win despite his incompetence plus its afc south.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

How they hired a DC as a OC baffles me

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

This is an instant classic…

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

clos4life likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dusty is still the Astros' manager. How embarrassing for you.

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

52-48, Brian. 52-48.

desihooper and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

52-48 is "solid" ??? LOL

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Probably take over for a Belichick when he’s done

raining threes and desihooper like this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Would love if we could just let his name die here