1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bill Ingram] Trading Brooks very unlikely, unless to net elite player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Dec 16, 2010.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

remember, all our players are trade bait if it were to net an elite player. so that's a given. but for all others thinking brooks should/will be traded BECAUSE BROOKS SHOULD NO LONGER BE ON THIS TEAM, and not for the purpose of getting a superstar, think again.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18205

Cross Brooks Off The List: The Houston Rockets have amassed a number of very tradable players over the last year and with Rockets guard Kyle Lowry really playing well for Houston there has been rampant media speculation that injured guard Aaron Brooks could be dealt before the February 24th trade deadline.

Sources close to both Aaron and the Rockets say that is the furthest from the truth, both sides have talked about life beyond this season, and Aaron remains strongly in the team's long term plan.

The Rockets however are very active in the trade market, with sources saying the team is clearly open for business on the trade front.

Brooks who is traveling with the team and underwent his first practice in weeks since spraining his left ankle is still unsure of his timetable for a return, but it is expected he'll be back in the lineup in the coming weeks.

Sources close to the situation said a deal moving Brooks out was unlikely, and there was no substance to the rumored Carl Landry for Aaron Brooks swap that has been floating around in the press.

The same sources said if a major deal - one landing the Rockets an elite player - fell their way the team would likely have to include Brooks, but warned such a deal was looking unlikely at this point in the season.

Expect the Rockets to be active around the trade deadline, but don't expect Aaron Brooks to one of the chips the team cashes.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is hoopsworld, but I agree, Brooks is more valuable with Yao out then ever.

DD

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

For an Elite player or high draft pick that is.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Makes sense,for once.

5. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I call BS this is to get Aaron to play good during trading season.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Thats all great, but that article wasn't by Bill Ingram.. It was by Steve Kyler..

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I was just about to call for this thread to be locked if it was by Ingram.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, as Brooks has been the Rockets' best player for over a year now, one could say he has been "playing good" no matter what season it is.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

You can't pay Lowry 6 + mil and Brooks 8 + mil (estimate) next year if we're in rebuilding mode. I love Brooks but one of them has to be traded by the deadline.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Or what? What are you gonna do?

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Bill Ingram is stupid

Hate to be mean but he said we should/are considering trading Kmart for Haywood. (morey would never do this!)

Plus he always talks about the mavs.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

13. anchel

anchel Member

I agree with this:

But the article is not consistent with Morey's words of last week on the radio. (Remember the Lowry-Martin, Brooks-Lee topic).

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Except that the Brooks/Lowry combo was borderline unstoppable at times last year. What else does the team really have going for it right now?

15. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

smoke screen to prop up brook's value to ultimately trade him.

16. blink

blink Contributing Member

the article is BS.... we're gonna trade brooks for scrubs, makes perfect sense :eek:

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you trade anyone if you get that superstar player.

DD

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think if we're going to blow it up and rebuild, you trade anyone if it improves our future outlook. I wouldn't hesitate to trade Brooks for DeMarcus Cousins right now and he's far from a superstar. But he has superstar potential and he's younger. And so as to ensure this doesn't hurt DD's feelings, I would also trade Lowry for Cousins.

However,, Brooks and Lowry are the last of our core players we should consider moving as they are our youngest. But if one or both of them needs to be packaged to improve the teams long term prospects, you do it.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

AB for Landry?

Where did that garbage come from?

I wouldn't even trade Battier for Landry.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I think this is just noise, so other general managers don't think they can get him for peanuts.