1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Ingram: Kevin Martin is unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by senter, Feb 22, 2012.

1. senter

senter Member

First off let me preface my question by saying I probably already know the answer since the source is none other than bill "i'm a rockets fan! oh wait, the mavs won the title, i'm a mavs fan now!" ingram so I'm guessing that it is in fact not true. Found this article basically proposing we trade k mart to the wolves because he is unhappy. He goes on to say that the players don't like mchale as much as they did to start the season and that he refuses to let them run some of adlemans old plays. This is the first i've heard of anything like this. Does any one know if there is any shred of truth to this?

Also, please, I would love for this to turn into a "hate on ingram" thread so by all means, go at em

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-kevin-martin-and-the-timberwolves

wow. i really cant stand this guy

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I guess you got around the no linky rule from Ingram by not actually providing a link. Still, as you noted, you know better. article is dumb.

i'm dumb for responding to article. but can't help myself.

this is factually incorrect.

3. King901

King901 Member

It's from Hoopsworld.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you know he's trash, then why even post this.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

17-8 after the all-star break last year. If you're going to trash the rockets, at least get the facts correct.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

That article sucks -- crap almighty.

Battier was not traded for Thabeet, the rockets sub-let the last year of battier's contract and took on the final year of Thabeet's deal in return for a 1st round pick.

God, reading this article is frustrating like watching Fox News.

1 person likes this.
  8. valorita

valorita Member

this ingram claims to be the "rockets guy" but how the heck does he come up with all this bull?
    his self proclaimed insider role in the organization and professed affiliation with the rockets despite having no concrete anything reminds me of...

DD = bill ingram?

how does this guy have a job? or is hoopsworld just a site for amateur bloggers?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This guy gets paid to right this crap?

He sounds like some of the posters here who do it for free.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is exactly why Hoopsworld is a joke. The site should be shut down. The site is full of a bunch of homers that think they know basketball and hear a comment by some random person and decide to make a story about it. Sites like these are why rumors are blown way out of proportion. I bet nobody on here can actually say that Hoopsworld has broke the news about a trade/signing/whatever.

By the way, you stated you should know that this is a trash so why post it :confused:

11. davidio840

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! That was very well said!!

12. senter

senter Member

i know i know, i agree with all you guys. the only reason i posted it because i was pretty shocked to hear the whole tension between mchale and the players thing. seemed to come out of no where. i was just wondering if any one else had heard anything like this elsewhere

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets drove down Brooks and Lowry's free agent value? Morey conspired with Adelman to do so?

How did the Rockets scare away suitors for Lowry? CLE signed him to an MLE deal and the Rockets matched. Teams with RFA do it all the time. The team also brought back Scola to a lucrative deal so it is not like they never pay anyone.

Are some players unhappy? Most likely, but that is no different than many other teams. As long as they are not too unhappy to play and win, it is working well enough.

If things are going south for McHale at 19-14, I'd like to see what the record is when things go north.

#13 Carl Herrera, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Morey rolled his ankle.

1 person likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

The question was, "Is any of this true?" Well, yes, most of it. Martin feels screwed over, wouldn't you? Do the players want to run some of Adelman's stuff? Probably. Do they on occasion? Why not? Does it tic off McHale? Shouldn't if it works, but could. The author's suppositions don't seem unreasonable at all.

#15 solid, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  16. davidio840

That is understandable. When the trade deadline is coming up, stupid crap like this comes up all the time. It is the nature of the business and it is what it is. You just gotta know what to actually take seriously and what to laugh at.

Notice that Hoopsworld rarely sites a source (if they ever have?) It is all an imagination and fabrication to get ratings. When an article is read they get credit for it. Regardless of the positive or negative comments/aftermath. Do not trust Hoopsworld. Anything that is sited as Hoopsworld as the source, just disregard it.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If Martin wants to drive his value up, how about he NOT go for nights of 0pts, 2pts, 2pts, or 4pts this month? Maybe he should decide NOT to shoot 2-19 over the course of two games?

Ingram just sounds like a hater. McHale's simply got his players on shorter leashes than Adelman, and that's just fine by me. I think the Rockets as an organization have done some things to lower their players' values when they were coming up for free agency, like Landry and Lowry for example, but it's always been guys that have already come off the bench. They've never taken a starter and THEN made him suck for their own purposes. That'd be like shooting your foot to spite your leg. In all the cases where our starters lost value before free agency, they did it to themselves. And in the process garnered themselves such nicknames as "T-Back", "Me-Mac", "T-Slack", "T-Quit", and "Knee-Mac".

If you look at our current roster, all the important rotation players are being put in position to maximize their values. Lowry after his contract runs out is going to get his. Nothing is stopping Patterson from taking the starting position away from Scola or Dalembert; you can tell the talent's there, he just needs to catch up after being hurt all offseason. And when I watch the games, Lee, Dragic, and Hill have the same opportunity but are just not consistent enough to capitalize on it. The only ones you could argue are deserving of more playing time are Budinger and Morris.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

trade lowry for lebron, dwight says "hey i wanna join too". we say no go away. dwight says please. we say ok. he joins. win championship easy winning all playoffs games 4-0 every round. now we attract free agents. michael jordan says hey i want in too, joins, wins more games for us. we win another championship, simple. domino effect.

;)

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The exact opposite has been true the past few years. Slow start followed by strong post-all star play. What a moron.

20. cod

cod Member

Feigen had a game tweet about Lowry disregarding a call and instead running an Adelman play. This was last month and before that complaint to the media about how they should play. They've seem to have moved on from that.