1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Gates : ‘We need more Elon Musks’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2021.

?

This is not possible because

1. Too many dumb politicians and no talent tik tok people

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. There can only be one

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No chance anyone else will be a 99er

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Class solidarity by the billionaires. We need less billionaires. Any ordinary person with common sense has known for decades that we need to do something about climate change.

Yeah, we need more guys like Gates who has lobbied intensely for making corona vaccines expensive for the third world or Elon who is pushing shitcoins and other speculative schemes to be the richest guy in the world.

Senator and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also this allusion that guys like Bezos, Musk etc are like Tony Stark in their mansion's basement developing fusion reactors because they are genius engineers need to stop. These people stopped being developers/engineers years ago. Their job is organizing capital.

The thousands of engineers, scientists, machinists, labors etc are the ones actually designing and producing the new technological advances that come from these companies.

This society is obsessed with wealth. I bring up John B Goodenough because he's a prime example of someone who has done more for society that Musk even though Musk is far more well known. Why? Because he's ****ing wealthy as ****.

cheke64 and glynch like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need more people like Elon because he’s smart and actually moves humanity forward

if you hate that he’s rich than you are a hypocrite
    Or just a hater

he made his money
    You make yours

and dumb idiots who are on the GARM complain that Tilman is poor

So you like it when certain people are rich and certain are not as rich
    That’s not dictated on your opinion , it’s market driven
    @Os Trigonum

J.R. likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Extraordinary guys > ordinary guys

just like the nba
    I’ll take Hakeems over Oladipos
    @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Not all billionaires are the same
    @J.R.

ThatBoyNick and J.R. like this.
  6. Senator

Senator Member

Good post. Put a cap on wealth at $10 billion and inheritance at $1 billion. This has to be a global effort or they'll just run away to Monaco or the Caribbean. None of these guys invented anything, if they're not there, the next man up does it. Everyone having an electric car still does not solve the many world problems, it just lets rich people think they do.

7. Senator

Senator Member

can't stress the global part enough. Look at how the billionaires left NY for Florida during Corona. Higher taxation leads to migration to lower taxed spots --the uber wealthy never need a home. The hilarious part is how many think it's dem vs repub, but it is just uber wealthy squeezing the middle class dry to barely satisfy the poor. race, pol party does not matter, behavior is the same

glynch likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

A hundred years from now when Elon City citizens on Mars learn about Earth,
    They will know about the ones who got them there and the one who made them double click input device

9. glynch

I think $10 billion is too high. Say 1-2 billion and then a steep inheritance tax. Even more important keep them from buying and controlling our government.

Good point. Like Musk or Gates are some scientific geniuses who did the heavy lifting on the tech.

10. glynch

Guys like Elon totally destroy the ability of governments to do big projects as they hate paying taxes. Fortunately we did not have these clowns controlling things or we would still not have gone to the moon, had the internet etc.
    Like many of the German industrialists or even present day Chinese billionaires they would be content to make deals with their authoritarian governments.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me get this right. What you're suggesting is we should walk back 10 years of EV development because we could have used that money on big government programs.

Its comical you mentioned the moon and internet. Moon landing and urban/suburban internet (note: no rural internet) > Colonization of mars, launching AND landing rockets that are providing a global internet connection, specifically to remote areas on this planet.

All you're saying is Musk is a terrible person because he would rather reinvest his money into doing things the government never dreamed of. Next you will b**** that greedy CEO's just take massive amounts of money when Musk doesnt even take a paycheck.

I have a low opinion of government, but at least they are smart enough to know that Musk is one of Americas most valuable assets. Every government on this planet would love to have the guy working for them. Im not sure why people like you hate success so much.

tinman likes this.
  12. glynch

Guys actually think we would not have new batteries without Musk. lol

London'sBurning likes this.
  13. glynch

14. tinman

Supporting Member

All I see is jealousy
    @Os Trigonum @rocketsjudoka

Jealous people want to determine how much someone makes ?

this is America
    You make yours and I make mine
    @Space Ghost

I don’t think Dak Prescott should get paid as much as Mahommes. But he made his so good for him

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Bobby brown wrote this song called my prerogative
    It’s all about how jealous people feel about him getting his

there’s a word for this, it’s not liberal or conservative or right or left
    That’s the D&D logic

the word is
    Jealousy
    @Reeko
    @Ziggy

16. tinman

Supporting Member

And less jealousy
    Best success to the 99ers , if they end up way richer than everyone else here than that’s cause they made that money themselves

17. tinman

Supporting Member

@pgabriel
    What Elon, Bill, Bobby Brown and the 99ers feel is that if you want something done you got to do it yourself
    If I want that OLED I’m not going to take money from @Ziggy or @DaDakota
    I’m going to get it on my own

@Reeko
    @Os Trigonum

oh you know who made it on his own and gets jealous haters all the time ?
    the Elon Musk of basketball site creators
    @Clutch

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Last I checked googl/waymo was still clearly ahead, and waymo's cautious approach has been more responsible; but hard to bet against tsla getting there eventually. Too much money/momentum/data, and they've got their own self driving asic chips now.