1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Where have I attacked anyone? I guess simply pointing out someone's inaccuracy is attacking them in your twisted opinion.

Fortunately, no one takes you serious.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Again this thread is about Pakistan.

Do you think a vast majority of Pakistanis have "a thing for preteen marriage?"

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Again, more obfuscation. Ok, let's suppose these non-Islamic sources, which no one has cited, are correct. So what? All that means is that Jesus' mother was 13-14 when she gave birth to him.

However, the prophet Mohamed did marry a 10 year old, and hard-line Muslims (just like other hard-liners in other religions) are going to interpret this as a reason to allow child marriage. However, since bongman and others are taking back what they said about Mary's age, I guess these hard-liners cannot cite hear age when reasoning on child marriage.

EDIT:
    More of the same obfuscation. If people in Pakistan continue to cite events like Mohamed's marriage to a 10 year old, or the pregnant 12 year old Mary as a reason to justify child marriage, then yes they do "have a thing for preteen marriage".

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't care about that topic at all. You can discuss that with them. Obviously the Islamic reasoning about girls being legal at puberty is antiquated and needs to be done away with for many reasons.

I'm only interested in your claim from earlier which I asked in two posts above.

Is obfuscation your SAT word of the week? You should look up what it means. Because it has no bearing on what I asked you.

So you think the Pakistani people as a vast majority have a thing for preteen marriage? That's odd.

A lot of the cases of underage marriage in Pakistan occur in the northwestern frontier province, which Pakistan has historically had a hard time governing due to the ethnic differences and tribal culture that dominate there.

Of course, they occur in other areas of Pakistan as well.

Yes it is a problem. Pakistanis as a whole don't have a thing for "preteen marriage." There may be a good number who have a thing for 14-17 year old marriage. But again that happens across the Indian subcontinent in general, as well as other places.

#64 DudeWah, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

You were the one who brought up that Mary's age when she married Joseph is referenced in the Qur'an, all while failing to provide any verse number to substantiate your claim.

When asked to cite YOUR CLAIM, you failed to do so and instead went on a tangent on why bring it up.

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The sad thing is that people like Honey Bear and ATW actually do. They must also believe the vast majority of Catholic males abuse prepubescent boys.

7. Cohete Rojo

I assumed, since this thread is discussing Islam, that the poster was getting his information from the Koran or some other Islamic text. I was wrong.

That particular poster has yet to cite his source. I retracted what I said about it being mentioned in the Koran.

If you can't understand beyond that, then I'm sorry, I can't translate what I just typed into grunts and knuckle scrapes.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

ATW welcome back good Goy, you became sensitive lately

Last time I checked the median age of women and men in Pakistan when they get married,

About 24.5 for male , 22.5 for women. In Honey Bear brains this means:

1/2 the population get married at their 50s, the other 1/2 married preteen to come

with average

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

^that seems questionable.

There is probably (definitely) a significant enough (whatever that means) number of Pakistani females who get married in the 14-17 age range.

#69 DudeWah, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, keep them Muslims out of our country!!! Bomb them back to the stone age! Oh wait, they are already in the stone age!!!!

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't believe anyone is holding that position in this thread.

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Last you checked, you were talking out of your ass. Today, things haven't changed.

Outright lying in 80% of your posts to defend barbaric practices might be humorous to your mosque buddies, but your reasons for doing so are transparent and sad to the civilized world. Ignorant self preservation is what has caused Islam to never come out of the dark ages. Since you don't know any better, I'll help you out.

Article released by Express Tribune in Pakistan and New York Times

Here is a fudged study done by the Pakistani govt - notorious for doing this in the muslim world to ease pressure from international health organizations - even then, it's disgusting. The best part is they only took the stats of women between 25 and 49, and still found 35% were married before 18. Government officials will always say the inaccuracies and cover ups are due to a lack of data.

Pakistan Demographic and Health Survey

But hey guys *lisp*, it's not a major problem according to Starbucks vigilante DudeWah!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage_in_Pakistan

13. bongman

bongman Member

So what? It's like a thread discussing harden being a great shooter and not allowing comparisons to Curry. Without any context, any statement can be made to appear like a fact. Bringing Mary into the conversation is a way to do that since one religion is being singled out to be inferior due to this trait.

You don't know when to quit huh? First you make a claim you can't backup, now your'e saying I am for child marriage? PROVE that I made this statement. Me backing off? So you don't agree with Mary also married at an early age? Do we really have to go there?

Never in any of my statement where I mentioned the source of my claim. You are now adding/creating extra parameters to wiggle out of this craphole you created because of your BS.

14. fchowd0311

Just stop. There is a distinct differences in the theological make up between the two religions that results in tangible consequences.

Understand that Muhammad in most Sunni circles is considered the most infallible human of all time. Also understand that a large portion of Islam is mimicking his life choices to a point where many Muslims believe it's morally superior to pee sitting/squatting instead of standing because that's how Muhammad did it.

Jesus is the most similar figure in Christian theology. He is considered infallible and the 'What would Jesus do' phrase is prevalent for a reason. Now tell me what negative consequences could occur from a figure who was a gloried virgin hippie? I don't believe there is any significant following where Joseph's life choices are mimicked because he is considered an infallible messenger.

15. bongman

bongman Member

Topic is about child marriage. I agree that there are fundamental differences between the religions but this not one of them. Both religions came about during the time when the idea of marrying a child was very much culturally accepted.

Is there a reason why something we find so immoral these days, is not clearly specified in the Bible or Quran? The age of marriage for females in both sources ( as far as I know) discuss this in vague terms mainly - once you hit puberty.

To lay claim that this is somehow a trait that only one holy book possesses is not accurate.

16. fchowd0311

Why can't you understand that the Quran is not the only text of Islam that holds any weight. The Sunnah of the prophet holds almost as much weight. Muhammad's life choices are mimicked in such a detailed manner amongst many Sunni Muslims to a point where Muslim men pee sitting and use a twig 'miswak' to clean their teeth because Muhammad didn't use a toothbrush.

So you can imagine the dangers of a mainstream ideology that attempts to mimicked the life in this amount of detail of a man who held sex slaves, married a 6 year old, ordered the assassination of political opponents and poets who made fun of him and raided villages that disagreed with his new dogma.

#76 fchowd0311, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  17. bongman

bongman Member

lol'd on the tootbrush but nothing to do with child marriage. As a side note, when it comes to mimicking their heroes, there are still Christians who re enact the crucifixion story. Up to you to decide which one is worst.

If you're American and your ancestral lineage traces back to Europe, the reason you identify as an American is because of the rules you abide by we call the constitution. Otherwise, there is no difference except for geographical location.

The Bible and Quran are the equivalent of this as the believers are suppose to get their instructions from them. Any deviance from those instructions is a bi-product of the interpreter/messenger and not the source. This the reason why we have terms such as unamerican, unchristian and unislam.

You can sight as many appalling acts that a person who subscribes to Islam do with regards to child marriage but you can't ignore that other believers historically did it as well and say...see they are more evil.

I will agree that relatively speaking, there are more Islams who are more dedicated in literally following the instructions of their ancient rule book which is very dangerous for everybody.

18. Cohete Rojo

You are not making any sense.

You haven't cited your source, which I am guessing is some random bs internet article or something you just made up on the spot. Since you now admit that your statement is not from the Koran or some other Islamic text and you refuse to cite your source, I am therefore certain that you are either a troll or uninformed.

BTW, no one is "singling out" one religion. This thread is discussing Islam, and specifically Islamic justification of child marriage in Pakistan. There are other threads which discuss other religions and some which discuss multiple religions.

19. bongman

bongman Member

Hahaha. You did not require me to prove my claim then as your first response implies you agree with that statement. Otherwise, you would have called me out right away. it is a good attempt to again try to divert the attention from your questionable statement but so far it is not working. If you want to discuss Mary's real age, please feel free to open a new thread.

No one is singling out one religion? My comprehension skills have really gone down the drain. :rolleyes:

We all make mistakes, it's ok to admit it...really.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hmm..so what you are saying...Pakistan = Massachusetts, USA. Where every pervert like you can book a flight and marry a miserable teens in needs for cash.!!

Wikipedia "
    The Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929 Edit

Child marriage in Pakistan is legally prohibited to an extent under the Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929 (No XIX). Under the Act, the minimum age for marriage is 18 years for a male and 16 years for a female (section 2).[9] Contravention is punishable with a fine of Rs.1000 and an imprisonment of one month or both fo..."