1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Well, if you didn't get your information from the Koran then I can't help you out any further. I have no idea where you got your information from.

2. bongman

bongman Member

I did not claim to know the Quran, you did. I think you might be confusing me for a different poster.

3. Cohete Rojo

I must be. I thought someone had mentioned that Mary was 13 when she was married. I guess not.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Has nothing to do with the Quran. Good attempt to deflect the topic though.

So can you tell us where in the Quran where "Muslims have a thing for preteen marriage." ?

If not, its ok, i'll just write it off as another smear campaign. Thanks anyway.

5. Cohete Rojo

Why then would you bring this up?

6. bongman

bongman Member

You were the one who mentioned the Quran first making a CLAIM about preteen marriage. I was simply asking where you read that. Not sure what is confusing about this.

7. Cohete Rojo

If the Koran does not mention Mary's age when she was married then which Islamic holy book are you referring to?

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You can get married at 14 in Texas with Parent consent. What's the difference.

9. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Looks like someone's being purposefully obtuse when getting caught on their BS rhetoric.

10. Cohete Rojo

I'm not the one obfuscating and telling lies about what is in the Koran.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Actually this thread topic is regarding "child marriage" in Pakistan. Which btw, again isn't more of a major issue in Pakistan relative to other underdeveloped countries as it seems to be the case that it is fairly consistent across that particular board.

The Indian subcontinent, Africa, and South America as a whole have a pretty different view regarding younger marriage.

No reason to single out Pakistan (which again seems to be the point of this thread) when the legal age is in the mid teens in many places across the world as it is.

fcchowd made a good point about Saudi Arabia and Yemen (although I do believe that he provided dated information that was initially wrong) not having legal restrictions on marriage, which I did not know. It's only two countries though and as a whole the vast majority of Muslim countries (as do all countries) have some restriction on it, including Pakistan.

As far as the tangent on Mary goes, she was married somewhere between 13-14 according to multiple sources (sauces). It doesn't even mention that in the Quran to my knowledge. But i'm sure you know all about it.

#51 DudeWah, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Foolishly, some try to impact certain religion in a negative way , when in generally they are to some degree equal on this topic, some even justify raping their enemies children .
    religions should be set a side, and as people should write our own rules. When the currents laws doest exactly cut it.

There should be a UN mandatory law banning marriage under 18, and the age

difference should not exceed 10 years between partners .Just like banning

slavery, using common shared moral rather than religious interpretations.

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Lol. I can always count on some absolute nerd/internet peacekeeper to come in and post irrelevant material to make it seem like... it's all good. These are never the guys with field experience or who have actually spent time in the muslim world, just a dork with a labtop using the wifi at Starbucks.

Pakistan, and the Islamic world, are disproportionately known for something called child grooming which leads to forced marriage of girls entering puberty. It begins at the age of 9 and includes molestation and psychological manipulation. The age of 16 is the culmination of many, many years of this. It's time to put on your big girl pants, take a deep breath, and read this website:

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/grooming/

Maybe order a little frappe latte, some extra cream, swirl it around, then gander on over to these links:

Muslim community must address issue of street grooming, says Nazir Afzal

Rochdale Sex Trafficiking Gang

Police withheld bombshell report revealing how gangs of Muslim men were grooming more than 100 schoolgirls as young as 13 in case it inflamed racial tensions ahead of General Election

Almost 90 % of all rapes and child grooming in the UK that was committed by Pakistani’s

These cultural practices stem from the same scriptures that state it's only rape... if 4 people are present as witnesses. It is a huge problem in the muslim community, and their only response is to attack the rest of the world (mormons are now the victims) instead of address it internally. It's marketed as something only muslims can understand, and other cultures need to look the other way or they're being culturally insensitive.

It all goes back to the crux of the issue -- nothing is addressed internally in the muslim world.

#53 Honey Bear, Jan 23, 2016
  14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with a woman growing up in a liberal society and choosing to marry a man more than 10 years her elder.

What is a problem, that you are too ashamed to address, is this:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/31/muslim-community-street-grooming-nazir-afzal

15. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=10263418#post10263418

Actually you are.

Mary's age in not referenced anywhere in the Qur'an when she marries Joseph. All sources that have her in the 12-14 year old range are primarily Jewish sources.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

I could had watched too much TV but I can't help it but to think
    That u seem just like the perfect pervert , at your age, the only adult you have a relation with is a prostitute that often you mentioned .

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I like you Ronny. You're Lolz. Keep it up.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This thread is interesting.

DudeWah is playing the role of the liberal white knight who is defending the poor Muslims - in a thread about child marriage being declared legal because anything else would be "un-Islamic".

Crazy Islamists Hydhypedplaya and Exiled attack posters who rightly point out that a ruling that banning child marriage is "un-Islamic" is an embarrassment to Islam (rather than condemning their fellow Islamists' craziness, of course).

All that including irrelevant references to how old Mary supposedly was, etc.

Fortunately, there are also still a few voices of reason.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No I'm pointing out Pakistan does not have a major "child marriage" problem as this thread tried to make it out to be.

In the way that Pakistan has a "child marriage" problem, India does as well. Which leads to an obvious hypothesis that this problem is related to the Indian subcontinent as a whole. Then when you consider Africa and South America also have "underage" girls getting married, it seems like something that happens in underdeveloped countries as a whole.

I'll go ahead and point this out so you don't go crazy and lose your mind. Yes it is quite obviously a problem in the Muslim world. It's a problem in Pakistan too. But when most of the country does not have that happening, I don't see it as any different (on a bottom line) than other countries that have the issue as well.

What is your role in here aside from posting Wikipedia facts and commenting on other posters as usual?

#59 DudeWah, Jan 23, 2016
  20. Cohete Rojo

So why bring it up in a discussion about Islam? And from which "Jewish" sources are y'all getting your information? If y'all want to continue to obfuscate, go ahead, or cite your sources, and then explain what that has to do with this discussion.