1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Both Iran and Chad (not sure if i'd even consider it Muslim majority) have minimum age laws in regards to marriage.

I didn't know the Saudi Arabia (Yemen as an extension) part, but that's not surprising I guess.

Thanks for sharing.

Regardless, my initial point still stands. Child marriage still occurs in Africa, Asia, and South America in high numbers.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bunch of backwards people over there.

DD

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

Their prophet consummated a marriage with a nine-year old girl, when he was in his seventies.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Technically he was in his 50's but that really doesn't make any difference.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I know this doesn't matter to you because you probably find no moral difference between these two situations but almost all teenage pregnancy in the U.S. occur between two adolescents, as in two kids who made a mistake while a 'teenage pregnancy' in Muslim dominant counties probably has more to do with a father giving away his teenage daughter to a fully grown adult male.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Let's imagine what a normal person would say...

He read the title and say : that's terrible,thanks goodness we don't have such things in the US.
    Then the same healthy mind would find out actually such things is legal in many States with parent consent.

As that person shake his/her head ,a Google search can come with a result of Children mothers around the world. The shocking truth: Christians countries are more likely to have pregnant minors .

The next , this healthy individual would do is actually check How many infants left on the street ...
    http://www.sos-usa.org/our-impact/childrens-statistics

Last but not least : in Pakistan they discuss a bill of banning, in the US there is a bill that actually does legalize it

And the same healthy person would come to a conclusion , an awful things happens every where and not strictly tight to some cultures or realigns .

9. bongman

bongman Member

Mary, the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married Joseph.

1 person likes this.
  10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

Exiled, are you a scientologist or a muslim? Is there a difference, other than the fact muslims do a lot more killing? There's a world of difference between two teens having consensual sex and getting knocked up , and a girl being sexually groomed (aka, molested and manipulated) from the age of 9 to be married off to a groom at 16. A groom she has no choice of choosing.

Scientology and moderate Islam are beginning to parallel each other in their aggression, and refusal to defend questionable practices -

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

According to the Koran. Muslims have a thing for preteen marriage.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't expect you to understand many things away from your nearsighted ,

But to be totally blind over things in your own backyard is awful

[youtube]/SzOGwci5vYA[/youtube]

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

The radical Mormon world is not indicative of civilization, or anything Western related.

Using your scientology deflect logic -- Because radical mormons do child grooming and enslavement in America, it's perfectly fine for moderate muslims to do the same thing the world over and everyone should mind their own business. Let us rape who we want!

Sadly, even radical mormons don't go on killing spree's against anyone who criticizes their religion. They're a little more advanced than Islam.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Don't confuse Shia with other Muslims , the same way some may confuse Talmud with the Bible .

As a matter of fact when it comes to killing , Muslims need to kill 70 million people more within 2 centuries just to be considered in conversation with their Christian counterpart .

15. bongman

bongman Member

I am not as familiar with the Koran. Do you mind pointing me where you saw this? Thanks.

16. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Ah-ah...be careful with this one...

...any Christians who hear that Jesus' "putative" father, Joseph, was possibly as much as fifty years older than his bride, Mary when they were "betrothed"...

...customary and quite legal (from the Jewish vassal state perspective at the time) mind you...

...which would account for those famous "...lost years..." of Jesus of Nazareth from public record...where he was probably supporting his family with the carpentry skills he learned from his father (another custom and duty of the eldest sibling)....

...you make Jesus too human, and you get the wrath of God from some ;)folks....;)

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

The citation in your post.

18. bongman

bongman Member

I am slow, can you give me some specifics?

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

This thread topic is regarding Islam. I figured the Koran is where you got your information.

20. bongman

bongman Member

you mentioned the following:

I want to get educated on this topic. Can you provide the verses? Thanks in advance.