1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill and Jalen's 2013 NBA Preview - Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jdm485, Oct 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jdm485

jdm485 Member

[youtube]EVmUjif1ntM[/youtube]

2 people like this.
  2. Swag

Swag Member

dam u beat me

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

daaaang, 20 minutes! Longest one so far.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Omer Asik for Jeff Greene. hahaha. GTFO Bill.

5. Franchize

Franchize Member

I guess there not keeping track of Casspi as a possible key contributor

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought that was a pretty fair breakdown. I think Bill might be a little hard on Dwight, but that's understandable.

But no to a trade for Jeff Green as the solution to our PF. He averaged 5 rebounds a game last year per 36 minutes. Yes, in 2 out of his 5 seasons he shot well from 3, but we need more than just that.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Now, if Bill wants to talk Omer and Lin and, say, Tjones for Rondo and Green, or something along those lines, okay, Morey, pick up the phone.

Asik for Green straight up reeks of Bill's Celtics homerism.

8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Casspi definitely evaded them, evaded Sac and Cleveland too =P

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Also realize that these were taped a couple of weeks ago, so the emergence of Casspi probably wasn't on their radar yet.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

points-

-The revenge of the nerds bit was pretty freaking hilarious.

-I think alot of media types will be sleeping on Houston's ability to go both small ball and big ball and be very good at both styles. Very few teams in NBA history have been able to be good at both styles. I think that's one of the more underwritten about things with this team.

-Dwight is taking some heat from Bill here which is understandable. Lets be honest here, if we weren't in Houston we would be saying the same exact things if not worse. However, the Howard hate out there is probably lower than when Lebron left Cleveland to go to Miami even. Give it half a season, and a few 30/20 games and the media types will quickly change their tune.

-Bill's random trade proposals are random. That's the fun of following someone like Simmons. He isn't afraid to play around with trades in the same way fans play around with the ESPN trade machine and post about it in the Random trade thread. However, Bill's probably right that Morey will at some point Asik will be traded for a starting caliber PF, just not sure its theses guys unless there is more coming back in the deal. I think Morey is at the very least patient enough to wait for Millsap in December. That'll be the deal to watch out for once its an option.

-TREASURES!!!.... Nice shout out to Houston's most randomly placed Urban Ballet. Gotta wear a collar though next time Jalen... gotta keep it classy.

-The Miami's Vice bit was interesting. You look at Miami's weaknesses and Houston's strengths and Houston actually looks like a team that could really give them fits. The thing I do agree with though, is that Houston really does need another perimeter player, preferably off the bench, who can sort of play that Jason Terry role. Maybe Lin eventually plays that role as a 6th man super-sub.... I'm not sure, but I get what Jalen is talking about here.

The other point is, whose going to guard Lebron.... If San Antonio can't stop him with Leonard, I'm not sure there is an answer to that question. Still... I guess we are getting ahead of ourselves here, but its fun to talk about. Lets try to get to 55 wins first.

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

You guys don't give Jeff Green enough credit. That guy is a STUD

12. Raven

Raven Member

Another of his "genius" trade proposals is Asik and a first for Ryan Anderson.

:rolleyes:

13. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

pretty sure the jeff green thing was a joke guys

14. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Maybe I'm a homer here, but what can Terry do that Garcia can't? I think he's absolutely our Terry player. I remember Terry hitting big shots but I don't remember him great off the dribble? I think Garcia would be perfect in this role

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In another thread, someone mentioned Asik for Millsap, which makes a lot of sense considering that Atlanta needs a true C and we need a PF. I think I'd be down with that.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Terry and Dirk pick and roll was fantastic for Dallas, as I remember it. Terry has/had the pull up jumper off the dribble and is a decent passer being a PG/SG hybrid. Garcia has strictly been a spot up shooter for us. When he tries to do more than that on offense, bad things usually happen.

17. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Agreed, Garcia is a spot up shooter and absolutely nothing else. I cringe when he puts the ball on the floor.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bill is REALLY down on Dwight

Like, really really down on him

19. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

seriously he suggested that? I've been saying that since we got Dwight lol.

20. JBar

JBar Rookie

They talked about Rose having gone to Taipei and Manila with the Rockets and Pacers, so Casspi should have already been on their radar.