1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bike thieves are pieces of shinola. Are you a racist? Probably. At least a little bit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dsnow23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think you're look at it way too deep that it really should be with your theory. Obviously, they did this set up to get a reaction, that is the whole point of the show. But I'm assuming your saying that the cast is predetermined to make the black kid look like the "bad guy" (and the chic as the "damsel in distress"). Honestly, I don't see how the black kid is casted as more criminal than the white kid.

Fine, let's use that age theory you mentioned of the 16yr old would more likely steal a bike. What about all the tools the were being used? You can't sit there and tell me that if you see a 20yr old white male banging away on a bike chain doesn't look just as suspicious? At one point he even brings out an electric saw LOL. Cmon man. Not only that, just like the black kid did, he pretty much admitted it wasn't his bike and some people still didn't do anything. That right there is telling enough. You can't deny that.

As for the ratings theory, I believe you are reaching bro. First off, not that it matters much but this show isn't a ratings grabber. Most folks here probably didn't know this show existed before this thread. Also, it's not like this show was created to show the science of why white people are the most racist. The show is called "What Would You Do?" And that is essentially all it is. They even have a interesting segment with a non-english speaking hispanic labor worker trying to order coffee. Some great and horrible reactions from all races.

The show creates a situation to see what would do some folks do in current situation. That's all. They're not forcing or persuading one side more or the other. Obviously there are other factors like location but at the end of the day, unfortunately, that is how some people would react.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U5LDgOMr6jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1JBrdbsVm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

/thread

:cool:

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

And yet people claim affirmative action isn't needed because we're all "equal in 2010". Jim Crow + War on drugs created an environment where blacks will not excel and that it's going to take at least 50 years of intense social investment to reverse that trend, but it's also something very few people seems to be interested in :( Why isn't this thread in D&D?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

The blonde was hot. I would've helped her out and asked if I could have some of teh secks.

As for the two guys, I would've probably confronted both and stop them from stealing it even if it had to result in violence.

Jk, I would've kept on walking.