1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bike thieves are pieces of shinola. Are you a racist? Probably. At least a little bit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dsnow23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I knew all white people were racist all along. Now we have scientific proof.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm just glad we can stop pretending.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That's crazy talk. They would have done he same thing with Deebo.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xFJThMDLYM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

A lot of black hooligans is giving a lot of decent black people a bad name so what do you expect? The same goes with Muslim fanatics.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AzFTLKWvfE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tUXyrkn3bE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

This thread proves white people are not racists.

They see a white guy trying to bust the lock on the chain and think, "sure, white dudes are irresponsible and he probably lost his key. no crime here."

They see a black guy trying to bust the lock on the chain and think, "blacks are responsible, organized people who wouldn't lose something as important as a key or damage a perfectly good lock & chain, ergo, he must be stealing this bike."

1 person likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's pretty funny lolololol

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I see what your saying but I rather not have the cops waste their time on a bike thief. They already waste it as is and their resources are better served for something more important. Sorry but that is how I look at it. It may be wrong but as they say it is what it is.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

regarding the clothing:

I think they were trying to go for what seems to be average casual dress for each race at that age. Sure, things might be different if either one of them appeared to be a "Wall Street type" professional but that wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't really be believable for either of them to be stealing.

regarding setting:

I think they do these "experiments" in many different places where people of any race will be. Whites are the majority in america, any experiment done with a minority as the majority would not be representative of america.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

So if someone stole your bike or something of equal value, you won't report them...?

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Surely I wouldn't expect to see a guy in a suit at a park so I wasn't referring to clothing when I said "Wall Street" type. There goes a lot into appearance(and first impressions) besides clothing. Hairstyle, body language, personal disposition, etc. I'm saying if it was a black guy carrying himself in such a way, we might have seen a different reaction than a young kid wearing a hat backwards.

Sure the white kid was wearing a hat also, but my first impression of him was that he looks harmless. Not because he's white, but because he looks like a chubby dork that can't get girls.

Anyways if you want to get technical say what you want, but in the real world first impressions matter.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i heard they never aired the segment when a mexican did the same thing...he was shot dead on the scene

14. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I hope you are joking :(

15. amaru

amaru Member

That is B.S. the "black hooligan" is only responsible for his actions. He is NOT responsible for how a person from another ethnic group views ME based on what HE has done.

It is the fault of the person in the other ethnic group that they cannot figure out that just because one "black" person commits a crime that it doesn't condemn the other 1 billion "black" people on the planet.

:rolleyes:

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Honestly, I probably wouldn't report a stolen bike. I'd be too embarrassed to call them over for that. Had my bike stolen as a kid, most I did was try to look for it myself.

I believe that is the whole point of this experiment. You see a stereotypical dressed white kid and you think hes just some harmless dork that can't get girls. You see a stereotypical dressed black kid and you automatically think hes up to no good. He didn't carry himself any different than the white kid. They both answered the question about the bike being theirs, the same way. ("Uhh its not yours, why does it matter?") I really don't see how the black kid is carrying himself any different than the white kid.

That's the problem they're trying to show. Some people automatically associate white with good and black with bad. I believe its due to years and years of how the media portrayed certain races. It just carries on from generation to generation. It really sucks that is 2011 and people still see it this way and I don't see it changing anytime soon. You just have to deal with it.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I beg to differ. I think they could have done a better job casting these actors. My theory is that the producers/show already had an idea of how this "experiment" was going to turn out. They also knew the subject matter would most definitely stir up heated discussion; ie more publicity, better ratings. I think they casted these actors with the predetermined outcome in mind.

Let me put it this way, they knew if their experiment "proved correct" they'd probably get better ratings. They really could have done a better job casting the black kid and white kid. The black kid looks like he's 15-16, and how many 15-16 year olds do you know that cause trouble and are up to no good, regardless of white or black? The white kid looks atleast late teens maybe early 20s, generally that age group is less likely to do stupid **** like stealing bikes.

If it was a white kid was 15-16 as well, you might see more patronizing reactions from the "adults". It's easier to lecture a kid than a grown man.

This "experiment" is r****ded because it's not scientifically objective at all! What's worse is the show seems to have done it for the ratings and already had an outcome in mind, which basically takes away any credibility of the "experiment".

18. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

It's cuz the black guy wore baggier clothes

19. dback816

dback816 Member

You can blame statistics.

What do you call rolling up your window and locking your doors when driving in an unfamiliar ghetto neighborhood? Let's just say you got lost.

Would you call that racism?

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man what's up in this thread.