1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bike thieves are pieces of shinola. Are you a racist? Probably. At least a little bit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dsnow23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Goto ABC.com. The show is called "What Would You Do?" Their whole show is based on these racial experiments.

As for the topic itself, I would have minded my business on all three. I wouldn't think anyone steals bikes in broad daylight in front of a public park.

2. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

You obviously haven't read the whole thread then.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ovWSAfu0AQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Why would you defend the reactions in the video unless...

5. famicom

famicom Member

They're missing one more variable, the black chick. They have a white and black "thug" and a white "hot chick". They couldn't find a black "hot chick"?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would do the same thing with all of them:

Mind my own business.

7. The-Situation

The-Situation Member

I died of laughter in the last instance with the ex-con. First he helps the lady pull up the sign, but she can't move the bike because the chain is on it, all the while his wife is standing at a distancing just looking at them.

He then offers to cut the chain, while his wife says she's going to call the cops. Totally just blows her off and keeps cutting at the chain

Epic

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Mind your own business. Sad to me. People get stuff taken from them, be it of great value or not, and other people take the attitude of "mind my own business."

Thankfully the man on the train didn't take that position when people were about to rape an 18 year old girl.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anyone posting videos of that crap show should be insta-banned.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Please explain, because I did read the entire thread.

LMAO, seriously bro? There is a huge difference between bike theif and rape. There is no way you can correlate the two. A stolen bike is material, it can be replaced. People would mind their business over a bike thief because of uncertainty. If he's stealing a bike, how do we know he won't hurt us if we try to stop him? Is risking your life worth it over a bike. Especially these days when people get shot over the dumbest things. Rape is a completely different story. Thats a person, not a bike.

11. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Depending upon the situation, I could understand not wanting to get involved due to safety reasons, but I would at least call the cops.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Must be something about Piggly Wiggly. I was in a Piggly Wiggly in Lake Charles, LA with some white friends of mine from college. We were on a road trip to FL. These two chubby white kids with blond crew cuts wearing camo shirts kept on following me around the store. They looked about 10 and 8. When I was checking out I overhead them talking to their dad.
    Older Kid "Pa, is that one them Japanese?"
    Dad "Yep.. I think it is son.. I think it is.."

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As for the videos most likely with the white guy and black guy would probably find a cop and let them know that some punk was stealing bikes. With the hot chick I would've made a citizen's arrest and personally taken her into custody. ;)

15. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

This and then proceed to immediately frisk her. :grin:

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Shouldn't ABC shoot this video in all predominantly different ETHNIC areas of town? :mad:

Neighborhood: WHITE
    Bike stealer: WHITE
    results: nothing

Neighborhood: CHINESE
    results: people will bring him some food

Neighborhood: MEXICAN
    results: we'd probably help him steal even more bikes

Neighborhood: BLACK
    results: people will tell him "oh, he's just getting his stuff back"

:grin:

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You don't have to get physically involved to do something about it. They were in a park. Report it to someone. Call the police. The "it's not mine so it's not my problem" attitude is pathetic.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I see one glaring difference between the white guy and black guy, besides race: The white guy is big. The black guy is little. People weren't intimidated by the black guy so they confronted him. They were intimidated by the white guy. I guarantee if it were reversed, the results would have been different.

The chick, on the other hand....heh. Funny.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

This is actually pretty funny.

Nice job, Swoly.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Stop being skeptical. It's obvious everyone in the world is racist because of this video. IT'S CONCRETE PROOF - THERE ARE NO VARIABLES TO CONSIDER.

In fact, im going to call you racist if you aren't feeling extreme guilt because of this absolutely infalible video.