1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[bigtexx Problems] Struggling to Make Ends Meet on $25,000 a Month

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Jan 20, 2015.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

seems like their problem is living within their means

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

holy crap just looking at the numbers and it looks like they spend roughly $10,000 a month on their kids... why not just spend some time with them. hell they only work like 3 times a week.

3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"Sorry kids, it's off to the foster home you go"

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I was always confused about this. Is it a running joke or serious?

6. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

This!! Sometimes it's more about what you spend than what you make!

7. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

It is a totally serious running joke.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Goes to show that sometimes a degree doesn't always relate to intelligence.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Which is a problem that most middle-class and low income Americans have. Sitting in Starbucks with $4 cup of coffee complaining about the price of a gallon of gas... Lol.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is this Canadian or US dollars ehh?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Houses are expensive in Canada. My wife is from Toronto. The prices are absurd.

A lot of their spend is on their kids so I'm not mad at them. I can totally see someone making a lot of money yet still struggling in some cities like Miami, NYC, Toronto, LA, San Fran, etc. Do you recall the happiness index article from a while back?

They need to cut back on groceries. 2k a month makes no sense and their entertainment/travel budget of 2k is where they're being irresponsible but why else do you work? To sit around and look at your bank balance?

I will say that I'm cutting back in 2015 on travel spend and dining out.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If you can afford to send your kid to private school and they're willing to go, by all means do it. And if you're doing the type of work after undergoing the kinds of education that doctors and dentists go through, you probably deserve or need regular vacations just recalibrate mentally and emotionally. But I do not understand the $1.8 million housing investment on $300k salary, isn't there like a theoretical 2x - 3x price to income ratio on house prices?

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't they do 60 year mortgages in Canada? :eek:

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The poverty that exists in the world tugs at my heart each and every day. I hope this family lands on their feet and manages to increase their income one day.

15. Remii

Remii Member

But in this case... The dude only works 2 days a week. It probably wouldn't kill him if he got off his azz and worked a couple of more days.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Did you read this part?

:eek:

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

University work could entail all kinds of grading or evaluations, research or just self-directed reading just to stay sharp and current.

18. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Maybe he is just physically in the office 1 or 2 days a week? or is required to be there in person 1 or 2 days?

I never need to go into the office, and I don't have any official set office hours, but I work 40-50 hours a week.

19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Physicians and Dentists with a 0.5% unemployment rate and virtually 8 of 10 of the highest paid professions in America is a real travesty to the American people.

There is so much entitlement. Republicans and Democrats alike never talk about this huge issue where you have Doctors/Dentists which are all 1% earners, yet not based on a competitive landscape and at the expense and to the detriment of the American people.

Why do we allow a group to 'self-regulate' how many people can be in their profession and eliminate what others in Chiropractic, Nurse Practitioners, Midwifery and other areas to do to push all towards the bottleneck of the few healthcare workers.

These Regulatory groups combined with government incompetence have allowed doctors and dentists to not have to abide by the rules of competition and have created a Monopoly type cartel of power.

Every American pays atrocious amounts of money for doctor fees and dental bills all to subsidize a profession.

Damn ridiculous if you ask me.

And its a huge entitlement sentiment as i'll ultimately get attacked about saving lives and other nonsense.

20. Remii

Remii Member

30-40 hours a week grading papers and or reading just to stay sharp for one class a week that's probably 1-3 hours long...Lol... He better ask for more money if that's the case. Or let that job go and work in the medical clinic more.