1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bigger Scam: BLM or Kony 2012?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 22, 2021.

?

Which scam was better?

1. Kony 2012 - got viral at a time when it was harder

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. BLM - it was very impressive. Different scam organizations all over the world

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Neither were scams - stop hating

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch should just delete this part of the forum
    Has nothing to do with the Houston Rockets
    And doesn’t unite Rockets fans
    Actually many here aren't Rockets fans and it’s obvious

Also they are mainly cheapskates here
    No monetary benefit

@Clutch
    Didn’t create a site based on the greatest center
    To have wackos on the left and the right trolling each other all day

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree more, @tinman. I remember when @Clutch created D&D and I wasn't crazy about it at the time, but he had a good reason. Hangout's threads far too often devolved into a back and forth, often becoming heated, about things that had nothing to do with the discussion and quickly derailed the original topic.

With Debate and Discussion's creation, those derailments largely disappeared from Hangout, improving it immensely, in my opinion. The discussions about politics, religion, and the like moved to D&D, where those who enjoy talking about those topics can do so freely without being concerned about disrupting the flow of discussion in Hangout or elsewhere.

Many of the same members, besides enjoying discussing the Rockets and basketball in the GARM and Dish, like to talk about BBQ, cars, Classic Beauties, music and the like in Hangout, the Astros and the Texans in those forums, and so on. You seem to enjoy Hangout yourself. Using your "logic," Clutch should toss Hangout in the dumpster, as well as the other forums outside of the GARM, Dish, the draft and other basketball related venues. After all, they have nothing to do with the Rockets or basketball.

@tinman, just because you apparently don't enjoy D&D doesn't mean that dozens of other members, also Rockets fans, don't appreciate reading and often posting here, and I suspect that far more read D&D than post in it. If you were actually interested in the topics discussed here, you might appreciate D&D more than you do. The comments about "cheapskates" and monetary benefit are absurd. All of the forums run the gamut as far as the types of members are concerned, contributing or not. D&D is no different than the rest of the BBS.

You seem to want to take your ball and go home, taking everyone else's ball as you go. It's unworthy of you.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You've gone many years at cf.net without posting in D&D. If it's so terrible, why are you here so much now?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

You know the story about Jeff right ?
    Not going to post it. But you know he had the finger on the delete button and I don’t blame him.
    Jeff and Clutch built this place so any disrespect to them is wrong
    Other than that , it’s fun . Also more fun to destroy non Rockets fans

and you know we’re 99ers
    This is our site

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I’ll send you a private message on the history of the D&D that you don’t know (maybe you do)

cheapskates are definitely here. I post a lot but I put my money here because it’s the right thing to do.

I stand by my statement there are less Rockets fans in this section than all the others
    It’s no different from a Utah jazz forum

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You may be right about the Less than Rockets.. But unfortunately, that started when we drafted Yao and signed Lin... We started having more fans that cared more about an individual player instead of the team and it's been that way since....

On the other note... I've been able to see who people really are in the D & D what they stand for... Like @Astrodome we may not agree on the same thing at times, but I respect it's view on things...

Then there are others are just straight up Asses and I know who they are and what they really stand for....

T_Man

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Isn’t that kind of the problem though? People take this stuff way too seriously on a basketball bbs imo.

I got love for all clutchfan users, the bbs founder, and Rockets fans. I don’t judge people off d and d posts or care if someone is right or left. This section of the board mainly puts rockets fans on different sides rather than being on the same team - Houston Rockets.

To me this whole section of the bbs isn’t even to be taken seriously and just a place to fling poo for fun.

tinman likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know how an opinion on Trump, healthcare, race etc is magically more light hearted in a Basketball forum than a politics only forum.

If you express an opinion here expect it to be treated as your opinion and not some magical safe space to say you support the first fascist president in our history just because it's in a NBA fan forum.

If you don't like how serious people treat these subject matters in this subforum you are welcome to not partake and only discuss Rocket and NBA related topics.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I respect what you're saying... But here's the crazy thing about all of this....

No disrespect, but one is forcing you to click on or respond to any topic on the D & D forum... So to me if people don't like section of the forum on any forum then they shouldn't click on it or respond to it....

So not really understanding where the problem lies....

T_Man

10. tinman

Supporting Member

But that's not how things work, people want conflict and attention

Especially in this section @Deckard

throw some breadcrumbs and the pigeons will fight over it

T_Man likes this.