1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Big applause for Mchale for his rotations and time out today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by New, Mar 30, 2013.

1. steady

steady Member

Agree. I'd like to see Anderson get more minutes too. Something about his play clicks well with the Rockets.

2. davek

davek Member

Anderson struggled a bit but he made his presence felt. Harden been playing tooo much minutes and Anderson is the perfect fit!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good job by coaches keeping those undeserving of minutes off the floor.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's a Houston Rockets fan board, what would you like us to talk about? Basket weaving?

I'm guessing you have no issues with the negative Kevin McHale threads. Oh By the way, those negative threads are exactly why this positive Kevin McHale thread is needed.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Damn straight. It was nice to see a big body 4 who can bang out there. Been years since the Rox had one.

Time to move away from soft jump shooting big men.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Motiejunas has been struggling. His minutes need to be scaled back. He's the 9th man on this team, to me. And Robinson should be out of the playoff rotation, IMO.

Probaby we should go with this:

PG: Lin, Beverly
    SG: Harden, Anderson
    SF: Parsons, Delfino
    PF: Smith, [Delfino], Motiejunas
    C: Asik, [Smith]

Smith as a starting PF next to Asik still worries me, but what to do. Patterson is missed.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Sacrifice offensive + spacing (stretch 4) for defense + rebounding ("power" forward).

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No, no, you misunderstood. I think the discussion is fine. Really.

I just don't think last night's Greg Smith start is that worthy of praise.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah stretch four is overrated when there's a Greg Smith making 63% of his shots

If it was shooting a pedestrian 46% like Thomas Robinson, I think a stretch 4 is a better bet. (A true one, not Carlos Delfino)

Its nothing but a power grab urged on by a few self inflated "historians" on the board. I think the credibility of the ones urging it on is getting as low as the particular player fans now.

I don't get how its alright to have the championship years be the "true" meaning of Rockets fandom, when winning titles is one of the most bandwagon creating things there can be. But a fan only following one player is sacrilege to the "team honor". But thats just me I guess.

(No the logic of particular player fans isnt high as Rockets lifers. Well, duh. Though the extra profitability from these fans has actually helped the bottom line. Its whats allowed buying draft picks and getting Carl Landry and Chase Budinger steals)

1 person likes this.
  10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Sorry Codman

11. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

It is the concept of 'do unto others'.

McHale is an inexperienced head couch just like most of the current Rockets starters/core rotation.

If he is doing something in the right direction, we can give him some kudos and boost his confidence and hopefully that would be a good reinforcement.

He will be criticized if he makes mistakes but giving some props will help in the long run too.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

bench him.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

13. just a word

just a word Member

I've been poking my head in other team's game threads and been following up on the players that were traded, and I don't think I've yet seen a coach who didn't get yelled at by fans for questionable rotations.

With maybe the exception of Popovich. Maybe.

But I have to admit, I haven't gone to look at all the team's fanbases yet; so please tell me, who would you think makes a good coach?

Has there been a coach before who have gotten a young team into the playoffs before?

14. Cynops

Cynops Member

He did well on this game. This Asik Smith front court looked great, will definitely have use for it again in the future.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully Smith starting is just a situational thing. But right now, Smith is overall better than Motiejunas and Robinson. In terms of fit, DMo should be playing with Asik, at least in theory.

16. New

No. I think 1 it takes some guts and a deep thought process to start Smith and not to go with Delfino. 2 one thing I would give Mchale a lot of credit is that he is not afraid to try and adjust. 3 Wih our star out, he is still holding the team together and lead them to a win over a better team than us.

I

17. New

Actually I am biased because I do not have very high expectations on his rotations and time out. It is almost the only thing which I am not sure how good Mchale is at.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Almost every loss is pinned of mchale in one shape or another, when the team shoots 30%, most of them open shots, Mchale, when we play a team clearly more talented and playing at a high level, Mchale, when the opponents are hitting contested long twos at a high clip, Mchale. If you take the sum of the bull**** aimed at him, it's like these people think we should be challenging the Bulls for the best record ever.

19. New

Haha... It would be nice if we can reach that level in 3 years!

20. ngazi

ngazi Member

Rudy T.