1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big applause for Mchale for his rotations and time out today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by New, Mar 30, 2013.

1. New

Starting Smith and Asik together is a big factor today's win. We did a good job on Griffin and the bigs helped Lin a lot on defending CP3. Applause for Sampson too!

2 people like this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So probably a smart job resting the starters in the 4th yesterday while the bench was playing well?

Wow - who would've thought McHale knows better than a bunch of LoFs...

3. joesr

joesr Member

I am shocked to see a member form 2013 starting this type of thread. My jaw literally dropped. /applaud

4. New

:grin:

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Isn't it more fun to enjoy all the Rox and coaches? :)

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He really did a great job tonight. Team responded well to the loss.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Even though Anderson had a rough night tonight, I'd like to see him continue to get more minutes. His defense alone is worth it.

8. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    props to you to ;) It's easier to enjoy this team when there's less hate tainting threads

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

that 3rd quarter rotation was perfecto

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

nice coming out and saying it. If there were more people like you this place would be easier to read. :p

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Coach gets the game ball.

12. brick

brick Member

Well said. Harden is better in offense than Anderson but his lack of defense and off-the-ball movement, and forcing other players to play out of strength more than offset his offensive efficiency. If the coach can't hold Harden responsible, then the Rockets should perform better without Harden on the floor.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Before people give the OP too much credit, I wonder what the response would be if the Rockets beat the Clippers by 18 by starting Beverley and he played a great game?

Every time Jeremy Lin gets less minutes, the argument is that inconsistent minutes hurts Lin and prevent him from blossoming. But when other young players get benched, there's never seemingly any blame on the coaches. TRob gets yanked because he plays like he's still the #1 option on Kansas? Benched and everyone's fine. DMo not being aggressive and getting lit up on D? Benched and fine. Jeremy Lin can't seem to attack the defense while getting lit up? Obviously he needs more confidence from McHale or his poor soul will be broken and he'll never succeed again.

1 person likes this.
  14. Champ06

Champ06 Member

The problem is there is no IF

15. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

I am a mcfail hate but he did almost well. he kept the same lineup in when they went on 0-8 run which was obviously bad move

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

You realize that the "Fire McHale" thread was started last year before Lin was even on the team right? :rolleyes:

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually there have been a lot of IFs. McHale has gone with Beverley/Douglas multiple times when Lin has struggled, the team struggled, and the Rockets pull out a win at the end.

Every single time, LOFs blast McHale for ruining Lin's career with such lack of confidence. In fact, if these people are truly correct, Lin should be in a mental facility right now covered in fetal position from the abuse he has taken.

18. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

"The biggest thing to me is how everybody missed it," Bryant said before the All-Star Game, via the New York Post. "They all would be fired if I was owning a team. I hear this stuff, 'It came out of nowhere.' I think it's a load of [garbage]. You can't play that well and just come out of nowhere. There has to be something there and everybody missed it. So heads would roll [if I was owner].

When Kobe quotes about Dmo or Trob about being passed up...

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Number of pages of the Fire McHale thread last year after 6 game losing streak to miss the playoffs: 6
    Number of pages of the Fire McHale thread this season with a 40-33 record despite having almost no experience and no chemistry: 157

Are you saying that if Jeremy Lin was taken with the #5 pick in the NBA draft, Kobe would be saying how stupid all the GMs are?

20. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

1 person likes this.