1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 looking to move 2011 UT-A&M game to December

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 18, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

-Link

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lame, I love watching them play on thanksgiving.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Bad idea all around

4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

At the very least, it won't turn this year's Thanksgiving into heated arguments :eek:

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Stupid.

Sometimes, you'll have bad teams playing on thanksgiving from the NFL... this game needs to be there.

It's like a family tradition now to watch this rivalry like it is to watch the Cowboys miserably lose on Thanksgiving every year.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Haven't they only been on Thanksgiving for like 3 years?

They should move it back to Friday (day after Thanksgiving). Gives more people a chance to head up to the game after spending thanksgiving with the family.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just add more teams. Or better yet, disband the conference.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a bit of tangent but what is the Big 12 going to be called next year?

9. Major

Major Member

I believe it's still the Big12. These things are brands - the Pac10 and Big10 are staying the same too, despite 12 teams for each.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Pac-10 is going to be the Pac-12

11. Major

Major Member

Interesting - I hadn't heard about that! Maybe the Big12 can rename itself the Pac10 and get both brand recognition and mathematical accuracy, though with some geographical inaccuracy issues.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I would be in favor of this. Let's just say I have to go somewhere every Thanksgiving that doesn't have cable, and have missed the game the past three years.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it's a terrible idea. Move it back to the Friday if they need to move it at all. I happen to like it on Thanksgiving. I have Time Warner, so no NFL Network to watch that game. Plus, it gets lost with the other conference championship games and loses much of it's luster (assuming there is any) outside of UT & A&M fans.