1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Big 12 Expansion rumors

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Didn't see this coming. Seems odd considering there are two other private religious schools.

LGBT groups: Admitting BYU would be 'inconsistent' with Big 12 values

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That's not really it but keep trying. :)

I couldn't care less either way, but it's pretty obvious how defensive UH fans have gotten in this thread. I just read from afar. Had to comment on it because of how obvious it was. lol

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What a lucky break for UH. heh

Homosexual Behavior
    Brigham Young University will respond to homosexual behavior rather than to feelings or attraction and welcomes as full members of the university community all whose behavior meets university standards. Members of the university community can remain in good Honor Code standing if they conduct their lives in a manner consistent with gospel principles and the Honor Code.

One's stated same-gender attraction is not an Honor Code issue. However, the Honor Code requires all members of the university community to manifest a strict commitment to the law of chastity. Homosexual behavior is inappropriate and violates the Honor Code. Homosexual behavior includes not only sexual relations between members of the same sex, but all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings.

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I can't wait for the 30 for 30 episode on this expansion. There are more plot twists than a M Night Shymalan movie.

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Wouldn't this be against their honor code? Yikes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Note to some (not all) BYU fans: Clean it up. Name-calling &amp; sexual references unnecessary. No other schools' fans are doing that here.</p>&mdash; Jason Williams (@jwilliamscincy) <a href="https://twitter.com/jwilliamscincy/status/762467961818849280">August 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

No idea who this guy is but hypocrite much? Says it's his Twitter feed so he can do whatever he wants but admonishes people for posting what they want. Not defending BYU fans at all buts it Twitter for goodness sakes.

7. Brando2101

I guess you could say it's somewhat even since you can't even have sex with a member of the opposite sex under their honor code.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Honestly, you should take your own advise. This thread has been a decent, civil discussion for the most part until you came in with you ALL CAPS ANGER and ignorant posts.

9. AFS

AFS Member

I think the Honor Code allows for sex within heterosexual marriages. The Honor Code would still not allow homosexual acts within a marriage.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Years and years of work on my part to build up the UH fan profile... undone in a matter of moments :(

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When I took TAMU to the SEC, it broke me, man. Get out while you can.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.

There are obnoxious fans associated with every school.

I wouldn't be overly worried about it.

I hope for the city of Houston that UH gets into a P5 conference. I am fairly confident that UH would do extremely well.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Has Cincy in the name. Assuming it's Cincy beat writer.

14. Brando2101

Just ignore them. Responding will only encourage them further.

Good point.

15. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Doesn't "Cougar High" come from the fact that Houston Junior College, which became UH, was started by HISD as a private school that offered night classes at San Jacinto High School?

I've got a BA from UT and a JD from UH. I root for both, but I'm of the opinion that except for the law school and the business school, UH isn't really in the same league as UT or A&M. It's a fine place to get an education, for sure, but I think UH needs to worry about fighting to permanently supplant Texas Tech as the third best public school in Texas before it worries about how it stacks up to UT.

16. the shark

the shark Member

"Ignorant posts"? Please show me one thing that I've stated that is ignorant?

Again god forbid anyone say anything negative about UT.

17. the shark

the shark Member

Donny, when did you graduate from UH?

I went to that first UH game against UT in '76 (first yr in the SWC). You want to know what UT fans did that day. We had about 15 people in our crew, and we were in four cars. When we got out of our cars wearing UH caps/shirts UT fans immediately started talking **** about how they were going to kick our ass. No biggie as that could occur anywhere. Nobody in our crew said one damn thing either.

When the game was over, and we beat the **** out of them 30-0, we came out to our cars only to find the windows smashed in, UT written in orange paint all over each car, slashed tires, and two of the cars were keyed.

At another game a few yrs later in Austin my friend had a coke bottle thrown at him in the parking lot, which hit him in the head (needed 50 stitches). As he was laying there on the ground you could hear someone yell, "**** YOU COUGAR HIGH".

At a NCAA tournament baseball game in Austin between UH/UT back around 15 yrs or so my friends son was jumped in the parking lot by about six kids that put him in the hospital. As they were beating the crap out of him they were yelling at him, "HOW DOES THAT FEEL COUGAR HIGH".

Do you want me to continue because I can keep going.

As I've stated previously, UT as an institution is excellent school. Two of my bothers went there as well as countless friends. Yes every school has their rogue fans, but in my lifetime (and I'm in my 50's) no school comes close to UT.

I've been on clutchfans for a good number of yrs. Please find ONE negative comment I've ever made about UT up until just recently in this thread. Go look because you won't find one. Some of you don't have the experiences as some of us older UH alums do. It's not right or wrong, it just is what it is.

I'm not bitter about what went down in the past whether any of you want to believe me or not (and if you don't I could care freakin less). Again if I was bitter you should be able to find countless comments by me on this site about UT. They're not there.

That said, one thing I'm not going to do, is trust anything that comes out of the piehole from anyone at UT. It's funny how UT fans can pop off time and time and time again, and the minute someone says anything negative about UT they **** in their pants. We're now "jealous" or we have an "inferiority complex" or "ignorant".

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When people think of Longhorns they think of the university of Texas.

When people think of Cougars they think of women over 45

19. MexAmercnMoose

you forgot about engineering

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So you don't trust anything that your brothers or friends say?