1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 Championship Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yipengzhao, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Damn, OU goes up by 14 and WV implodes.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

See you in Dallas, Cat...

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Too funny, man. Too funny.

College football is a sham.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Mizzou didn't get its ass kicked, it just ran outta of time.

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Mizzou lost this game because Oklahoma has significantly better players along the offensive and defensive lines.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Chase Daniel wears a doo-rag.

:D

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

So UGA or LSU, who plays OSU?

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

HA! :p

Also from the Kansas/Mizzou thread:

Double HA! :p :p

And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, when it comes to College football, especially this year, you don't talk sh*t until after the game.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No way UGA will.....

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

LOL... yeah, bad week for me and predictions. Although, I'm pretty pleased with WVU losing... can't stand the Big East and I love seeing them falter to teams from legit conferences. I'm definitely not a fan of them, just didn't think there was any way they could lose to Pitt (although White's injury helped a lot).

As far as the game, I've played the "what if" scenarios about a million times the past three hours as far as random things that swung that game. But, the bottom line is that if it happens twice (and in the case of Missouri vs. Oklahoma, it has), there are no excuses and it's not bad luck. Oklahoma is just the better team. Props and congrats to the Sooner fans here.

With all that said... it still bugs the hell out of me that Ohio State gets to compete for a national championship after completing their season 11-1, and we had to play an extra game. I know the teams and conferences agreed to this... but I really wish they could find a way to level the standards. Oh well, what's done is done.

Great job, Sooners... fans were classy as well. Hope we can meet again next December.

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

Amen to that. If Ohio State actually wins vs. [insert random 2-loss team], who really is gonna think that Ohio State is the best team in the country?

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Go Hawai'i!

only undefeated team.

they made it interesting.

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Good luck to you guys. I hope you still land a BCS game.

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I want Hawaii/OSU. :D

16. JTQ

JTQ Member

Hawaii is just terrible... they just eek out a win at Home again a jet lag 4-8 Washington team........ they will get their ass handed to em come the bowl season

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

They played poorly in the first quarter, lost three fumbles and spotted Washington a 21 pt lead. But they pulled out the victory. Look how USC and West Virginia stumbled against bad teams. I'm not saying that Hawaii will beat LSU or whoever. But they'll be competitive and are deserving of a BCS berth.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oh, and one more thing to the Sooners... if Kansas and their joke of a schedule gets a BCS at-large berth over us in the Fiesta, please annihilate those frauds by 50. We're all cheering for you in Missouri.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, it's a shame how that's gonna work out. You guys definitely deserve a bid over them (though I'm not sure how it would work, since they obviously wouldn't want us meeting up for a third time).

This Kansas debacle is going to motivate a lot of teams to make horrible non-conference schedules and try to get into the BCS on record alone.

20. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

It really all depends on how the BCS bowl matchups shake out...

The Rose Bowl loses OSU to the championship game, so they get the #1 at large pick.

The question is, do they want to continue with the traditional Pac 10/Big 10 matchup? If so, they'd have to pick Illinois. Or, do they want the best at-large team available and select Georgia? You know UGA's fans would travel well. If Illinois sneaks in, you'd have Illinois, Georgia, and Hawaii taking up 3 of the 'at large' spots. In this scenario, I think Arizona State would take up the 4th bid and potentially screw both Mizzou and KU out of a BCS bowl. The Sugar gets the second pick for losing the #2 team in the country. Now, if Rose goes with Illinois, they'd obviously pick UGA. But if the Rose selects UGA, I think this bodes well for either KU or Mizzou getting into the BCS. I'd imagine, of the available teams left, the Sugar would probably pick one of these two. I guess, in theory, they might pick West Virginia, but I don't see it. The Orange I'd see selecting West Virginia. The Fiesta I'd see selecting Arizona State as its at large bid. Then the Sugar would be stuck with Hawaii.