1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big 12 Championship Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yipengzhao, Nov 30, 2007.

1. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

GO MIZZOU!!

I still can't believe they're in control of their destiny for the national championship. WOW!

2. tulexan

tulexan Member

I'm rooting for the death blow to the BCS. Mizzou and WVU losing putting Ohio State and UGA (who isn't even in the SEC Championship game) in the national championship game.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

UGA is playing extremely well, they are the hottest team in the nation.

4. danny317

danny317 Member

as much as id like mizzou to win, i think ou will crush them.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm a big Georgia fan and it is to their benefit (obviously) for Missouri to lose but I can't stomach myself to root openly for Blow U.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

LOL. Mizzou played about as poorly as they could possibly play... dropped interceptions, four turnovers, no run defense... and lost by 10, on homecoming in Norman. Now that they're at a neutral site, have the experience of big games, they're going to get "crushed"... by a team that couldn't even keep up with Texas Tech? :rolleyes: Funny.

I'm on my way.

Mizzou 42
    OU 34

7. tulexan

tulexan Member

I agree and think they would most likely beat OSU in a game, but it would be ridiculous that a team that wasn't even in the conference title game would be in the national title game.

8. danny317

danny317 Member

well good luck to your team. just remember to wear a cup. those ou fans are a little grab happy.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mizzou- 17
    OU- 56

10. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Wish the game was somewhere else.

Alamodome = bleh.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

But the sim on espn had mizzou losing so it must be true...

12. JJ

JJ Member

Give it a chance.

Party atmosphere on Houston St. after game = awesome!

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Rooting for Mizzou, but I just don't see it happening

14. BALLhog 247 365

if sam bradford were still injured, i would have money on mizzou winning...but he's not :(

15. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I genuinely think that those of you who don't think Mizzou have a chance are comparing the names of the schools, not the players on the field. True?

16. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Ohh, I'm not denying the atmosphere at all in San Antonio.

It's just the venue that I don't like. I've never liked the Alamodome. The dome is not only tiny but it's ugly inside, the lighting is horrible, the Alamodome staff is rude, and it stinks outside with all of the bat droppings under the bridge.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I see a big win for my Sooners. The game against Mizzou earlier in the season wasn't even really that close. They scored a TD in garbage time to make the score respectable. They haven't beaten anybody, except for Kansas who hasn't beaten anybody.

To whoever said we couldn't hang with Tech- Two Words: Joey Halzle

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Big fan if this was to happen. Dig a grave for the BCS as it is. Worst system in all sports.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? Missouri's second-best win (Illinois) is better than Oklahoma's second-best win (Texas). For that matter, Missouri's third-best win (Texas Tech, in blowout fashion) is better than Oklahoma's third-best win (Texas A&M).

And wasn't even that close? Missouri led in the fourth quarter, and two unforced errors (dropped interception and botched reverse) decided the game.

Could OU win? Absolutely, and I wouldn't be surprised a bit. They've got a really good team. But anyone expecting a blowout is looking at the names on the front of the jerseys and not objectively analyzing this. Missouri's offense hasn't been held below 30 in any game this season... and now they're going to get held to 17 and lose by 39? :rolleyes:

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Please stop with the rolleyes. Also, holding that Texas Tech loss against us when we lost one of the best OBs in the nation early in the game was very weak.

Still, I ain't got time for arguing about a damn game that hasn't been played yet. We'll see who wins, then I'll be back to either give props, or do a little gloating. I just hope the BCS comes out as the big loser this weekend.