1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Biden already told you its the mom and pop gas station owners who are to blame. Pay attention.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Not anymore. At this point the Republican Party is mostly about destroying personal freedoms.

mtbrays and Andre0087 like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

No, the alternative was Trump and that is far worse.

4. SuraGotMadHops

That's conjecture. The state of the country was better in all respects under Trump. No mean tweets though right?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All you care about is the trains running on time, right? Il Duce can do whatever he want if gas is below $3/gallon (which was when, shockingly, demand was low due to quarantines and thousands of people dying per day).

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

Gas was much lower than it is now even way before Covid times. Trump was already almost out the door when Covid was in full swing, but he did give us the vax as a parting gift.

You sound a bit loony, par for the course for most libs.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Biden hails strong June jobs report, takes jab at Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...s-strong-june-jobs-report-takes-jab-at-trump/

excerpt:

“In the second quarter of this year, we created more jobs than in any quarter under any of my predecessors in the nearly 40 years before the pandemic. We have more Americans working in the private sector today than any day during Donald Trump’s Presidency — more people than any time in our history,” Biden said in a statement.
    So he's saying what about Trump.

more at the link

9. mtbrays

Supporting Member

I'm essentially accusing you of being willing to light American democracy on fire in favor of ephemeral things like cheaper gas and a high stock market. It's a betrayal of traditional Republican ideals which only Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and Adam Kinzinger seem capable of articulating now. There is nothing worth standing by a president, or political party, who is unwilling to lose a fair election and upend our system of government because of his ego. I'd be just as aghast if President Biden tried to pull the same sloppy, legalistic coup in 2025.

You talked about conjecture earlier, so let's indulge in some more: what do you think would've happened to the American economy, geopolitical strength and domestic peace if President Trump had succeeded in his gambit to stay in power despite losing the 2020 election by 7 million votes?

#1369 mtbrays, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  10. SuraGotMadHops

Libs overexaggerate Jan 6 like crazy, that's why the hearings are falling flat. A group of idiots stormed the Capitol, entered rooms and took selfies wearing viking hats. They were arrested like they should be and are in jail like they should be. Stretching this out into an organized take over the government and destruction of democracy is just ABSURD, it's low information, and low IQ. A lot of people have questions about election night, just because someone has questions about election integrity or seeks an audit of votes, does not make them an insurrectionist. Get a life. There was way more destruction of american safety and livelihoods when cities were literally burning and people got murdered during the George Floyd protests, which liberal leaders encouraged. You have liberal leaders now trying to dismantle and disregard the SCOTUS, is that insurrectionist too?

Yes, cheap gas and high stocks are important AF, more important than low priority issues like climate change, and social issues like systemic racism (which is bs in the first place and a waste of energy). Gas and stocks affects my daily life more than anything else really. It's my business to run my household where my family treats others respectfully, and makes responsible decisions.

11. mtbrays

Supporting Member

You didn't answer my question: what would've happened to the American economy, geopolitical standing and domestic peace if Vice President Pence had rejected electors from a handful of states, GOP-controlled legislatures had then gone along with executive pressure to "find votes" and/or send "alternate electors" that went against their own voters? Do you really think that the economy would've been stable after that? Do you think that the 7 million more voters who chose President Biden over President Trump would've shrugged their shoulders at being disenfranchised? Would our businesses continue to want to operate in a country where they can't count on a stable government? How about the international economy that relies on the stability of the US dollar to function?

We've already discussed how you willingly ignore what the procedural goal of January 6 was in favor of focusing on the mob, so we won't go down that road again.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Biden abortion remarks:

I've increased jobs more than my predecessor

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Biden abortion remarks:

The Supreme Court sucks

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Biden abortion remarks:

it isn't fair gif.gif

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Biden is no joke he is the joker

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

pretty sure he just blamed women for not voting

Roc Paint likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

he's citing the ten-year old girl rape story . . . I think that story has been questioned in the past few days. Not sure he should go there until it's been fact checked

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's dawning on me this is his attempt to sound tough in light of all the criticism he's received lately. not sure it's gonna work

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

PINOCCHIO ALERT

he just repeated the Clarence Thomas contraception warning

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would love to see Joe Biden and @TheJuice in a deep conversation with Jack Handy