1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Gioan Baotixita

Yeah this second **** stain in our history is really funny to you.

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Get a life.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Anybody thinking the way this has so rapidly unraveled is a good thing is forever big dumb.

it's not the decision to leave, that's fine, and probably even good. It's how that decision was executed...which clearly was just horribly done. It's hard to even imagine how it could have been done any worse. That is bad now, and will have bad ramifications later.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If you think that this could have been done better after 20 years and 348129875194085891475 billion dollars I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

DVauthrin, Nook, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  5. BA1990

BA1990 Member

Exactly the same. You human **** stain.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This unraveled over 20 years. One person was going to be left holding the bag of excrement, but there’s a clear reason the end looks just like Vietnam. You can only prop up a less-dedicated faction for so long. Biden could have sacrificed a few more years of American casualties and expenses, maybe left our next Fox president with the same damn scene.

I’m not excusing anyone, but I felt like we could see this exact end a long long time ago.

7. TheresTheDagger

How could the withdrawal have gone any worse?

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

This is what no one wants to hear.

Afghanistan was a disaster and mistake from day 1.

There was never an alternate ending to be had.

Nook likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Waiting one more day.

10. TheresTheDagger

So we can save less people?

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

lol

suddenly mr. dagger is a humanitarian

12. TheresTheDagger

Ad hominem attack aside, I'm trying to make sense of your post. Staying 1 more day, which would allow us to evacuate a few more at risk allies of ours would be...worse?

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah. I am not interested in staying a moment longer. America first.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I very distinctly remember a bunch of relevant people with gravitas predicting exactly this as ineviatable around 2008. Im sure they saw it earlier but were maybe drowned out.

Since then, the only question was going to be who was going to get left "holding the bag" and taking the blame.

The same happened in Vietnam - in the mid 60s, there were tons of colonels and generals and the like who wrere discussing the situation as unwinnable. Nixon knew Rolling Thunder was little more than a PR/re-election ploy, but when speaking to the public, always spoke as if victory was just around the corner.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

I don't think anyone is interested in staying a moment longer than need be....but this cannot be the best we are capable of while leaving.

Even in Vietnam, we had 2 years of stability after our last troops left (aside from our Embassy Security of course).

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Again, 20 years and nearly immeasurable amounts of resources. If you think it could be 'better', you're fooling yourself or you have some subconscious desire for forever war.

Ottomaton likes this.
  17. TheresTheDagger

I disagree. Obama did it in Iraq which was also very unstable, so yeah I do think we could do better. I do agree "nation building" is quickly becoming a metaphor for "unwinnable war" though. Perhaps the lesson on that has finally been learned.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe he is worse than trump

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Nothing that has happened in Afghanistan over the last 40~ years has signaled that one could successfully accomplish what we set out to accomplish there. Which, if you're looking to spend a metric assload of money on an unwinnable forever war, is a dream scenario. If you're surprised that everything went to hell in a handbag the moment we left, then you simply haven't been paying attention.

T_Man likes this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

I'm not at all surprised things went to hell because of how we pulled out. But for almost 2 years we've had relative peace in Afghanistan prior to this while we were drawing down our presence there from over 13,000 troops to approximately 2,500. That was accomplished without anything approaching what we've seen these past several weeks.