1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not saying it’s currently the 4th quarter, I’m saying that Biden vs Trump should be such a blowout that it’s like we’re in the 4th quarter and Biden is resting his starters…instead, it’s like he’s in an OT game and could possibly lose

all thanks to Dem incompetence and utter inability to effectively tout their successes and combat disinformation and propaganda

when it comes to Trump farting and falling asleep in court or the latest nonsense from MTG, Dems will let everybody know about that and it will go viral…but when it comes to what Biden has done for the American people

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just made the point in another thread about the difficulties of running against Trump. Biden and Democrats are actually touting their accomplishments and if you look where Biden is campaigning it is heavily in areas where projects funded by the infrastructure bill are being funding. The problem is that even though even Republicans love infrastructure it's boring news coverage compared to Trump farting.

This is why it is difficult to run against in Trump. You either go after how awful he is like Clinton did but that meant she failed to push what she would do. Or you ignore him and people claim you are weak as you aren't directly confronting him.

Nook and astros123 like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hope you have a great time in Denmark. I lived there for a couple of years myself. Wonderful in summer.

Nook likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Economy is on fire. Everyone getting rich

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

as incompetent as the Dems have been in messaging, the only reason they even have a chance right now is because they are running against someone as unlikeable as Trump…and even then, they still might lose to him again

the whole Hillary campaign was a fail, and Biden actually has successes, yet nobody knows and/or they believe the opposite of what is happening in this country

Not sure why they can’t effectively do both. All they do is attack Trump, and it’s often about trivial things while they sit back and allow most voters to think that we’re currently in the 80’s crack epidemic with rampant untold levels of crime…while they sit back and allow people to think that republicans are better for the economy yet the last 2 republican presidents handed a completely wrecked economy to the Dems to try and fix

I don’t think it’s difficult to run against Trump at all…Dems just can’t figure out a way to inform people about what they’ve actually done…I’ll know from a Dem that Trump wears diapers and dozed off in court long before I know about what Biden has actually done

all the material to effectively attack Trump is in his “project 2025” and when he says things like how he wants police to be immune from prosecution…we don’t need to hear about how republicans are in a cult for the millionth time or how Trump lied about his crowd size or fumbled over a sentence…How is Biden helping the American people, and how will Trump’s plan harm this country?

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

According to your own chart it's 1% higher than it was before covid. You want to fear monger about a 1% increase to pre pandemic levels lol.

Seriously you're so braindead it's just sad to see

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Oh, the irony...

astros123 likes this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I will be curious about the debates, if trump just gets up there and spouts lie after lie who is going to stop him? People are not going to fact check and the fox variety show and the extreme networks will then flaunt the lies and maga will believe it. I just wish we could have an honest and open debate where they tell the truth but that will never happen

And don't get me wrong, Joe will throw some lies out there but not in the same realm as trump who will so blatantly lie about the smallest thing, hell he can't even be honest about crowd size, let alone playing king with classified documents

astros123 likes this.
  9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Biden's policies have been highly damaging to the quality of life for black Americans.

• Biden's out-of-control deficit spending has increased inflation massively, raising the cost of groceries, rent, and other essentials (insurance, baby supplies, etc). Simply put, average Americans have less money in their pocket than under Trump.
    • Biden's out-of-control deficit spending has forced the Federal Reserve to keep interest rates high -- putting the dream of home ownership (and affordable car ownership) out of reach for many black Americans.
    • Biden's foreign policy blunders and the ensuing wars that have started because of the loss of deterrence as a strategy has increased the chances of black Americans being deployed abroad in wars.
    • Biden's open borders immigration policy has put black Americans' jobs in jeopardy and forced many black communities to take in these migrants, in some cases taking over their community center and sports complexes for housing.
    • Biden's soft-on-crime policies have massively endangered black Americans living in urban areas.
    • Biden is looking to dramatically increase the tax burden on all Americans by proposing to let the Trump tax credits expire.
    And these reasons are precisely why so many black Americans are voting Trump in 2024. A big shift has taken place in this demographic since the last election.

GOOD DAY

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re a cartoon

GOOD DAY

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Imagine you're on the Titanic, heading toward an iceberg set on course by the previous captain. The new captain steers away from it, and you're safe for now. However, the cost of everything on the Titanic has gone up, and now you want the old captain back. The iceberg will win, but at least you'll have a change, because you can't see past the cost of gas and food.

Biden can tout his accomplishments all he wants, but people simply feel things aren't good and want change. He probably needs to focus more on what that change would mean if the previous captain returns, rather than on what he has done or even what he plans to do.

When Clinton was running, the demand was for her to just focus was on issues, which turned out to be lies. People respond more to negativity and current problems than to policy. Policy is crucial, but negativity, unfortunately, is more effective.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

disagree on this part

Why will people take him seriously about what change would mean if the previous captain returns when they think the current captain is doing a terrible or even worse job, have no clue what he’s done, and don’t know what he plans to do in the future to improve things? It just seems like ineffective fear mongering.

“even tho y’all have no idea what I’ve done or plan to do and think that things are awful right now, the other guy could be worse, so vote for me”

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Your profile picture is actually a cartoon.

touché

And you are unable to rebut my accurate points. I hate seeing such closed minded people -- their lives would be so much better with increased openness to learning.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They largely know what he has done.

They also see higher prices in front of them.

Human bias tends toward recency and negativity.

I'm not saying stop talking about what you have done and what you will do, but you have to play the recency and negativity game. People have largely forgotten how terribly the last captain handled the ship.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

no they don’t…most people have no real clue about Biden’s accomplishments

People won’t be as receptive to how bad the other guy will be when they think u are terrible as well and have no clue about anything that you’ve done or plan to do. Most people believe republicans are better with the economy and that crime has skyrocketed under Biden, so how is Biden supposed to convince people otherwise? Just say it would be worse under Trump?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t bother having serious conversations with clowns…the arrogance to think anything u post is worth serious discussion is laughable

you’re a well known troll and known to post nonsense, so I view your posts accordingly

GOOD DAY

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What they see is higher price. Recency bias. Higher price = bad economy. Inflation has subsided but so what, price hike is here to stay.

Again, explain all you want, but it's not enough IMO.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

A common theme I see from Democrats is this narrative the economy is booming. The economy is not boom but nor is it crashing an burning. And the continuous gas lighting to the less well off is taking its toll. You are correct, prices are not coming down. And that high inflation from 18 months ago is taking its toll. Used auto prices are very high. Health care is still going up much faster than inflation. People aren't dumb.

There is no good answer. What would help is if the government would go after the corruption in congress and other areas.

Nook likes this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

This is the perfect reason why republicans win the information battle @rocketsjudoka . They have an entire army of folks who do nothing by spew lies and disinformation everywhere they go. It doesn't matter what the facts show cuz they'll lie non stop.

Folks on the left want to be "civil" and noble and refuse to stoop to the levels of these. Perfect example is @dmoneybangbang who claims it's unfair to trump to claim he had negative job loses cuz he wasn't responsible for covid lol.

Do you think right wingers give a **** if something is fair or not to biden? Of course not they'll lie no matter what. They're lying sleezebags @El_Conquistador

#6680 astros123, May 16, 2024
    Last edited: May 16, 2024