1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. astros123

astros123 Member

@Os Trigonum the same dipshit moron who started a 400+ page thread of nothing but conspiracies is the guy who you @ lol

Boomers will always be boomers

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Tinman has mental issues. Pretty sad

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

OK, zoomer.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. astros123

astros123 Member

You do know the two men beside biden are the republican speaker and the PM of ireland....holy **** you people are dumb as a rock... jesus christ you're a bigger dipshit then i thought.

"Handlers" = head of state

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Sorry I didn't mean it in a disrespectful manner. I was only talking about MAGA boomers not all boomers. I have nothing against old folks. I apologize if it came off as offensive.

I just loathe MAGA

10. tinman

Supporting Member

@ROXRAN
    @Salvy
    $18 Big Macs is expensive breh

ROXRAN likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Biden jabs at Trump at Gridiron Dinner before closing on serious note

President Joe Biden took jabs at former President Donald Trump during Saturday's Gridiron Club Dinner, an annual roast in Washington where politicians and journalists dress in white tie to continue a longstanding, bipartisan tradition.

"The big news this week is two candidates clinched their parties' nomination for president," Biden said in remarks. "One candidate is too old, mentally unfit to be president. The other's me."

Biden also teased Republicans who, he said, "would rather fail at impeachment than succeed at anything else."

"They want a secure border but they block it for the strongest border bill ever," he said. "They take credit for one [of the] biggest infrastructure laws but voted against it. And I'm the one confused?"

It was Biden's first appearance at the dinner during his presidency and comes as he enters one of the longest general election cycles in American history, after he and Trump clinched the number of delegates necessary to win their party's nominations this week.

"In the coming months, Kamala and I will be making the case how Americans are better off than four years ago. How we got so much though the pandemic, turned around the economy, reestablished America's leadership in the world all without encouraging the American people to inject bleach," Biden said, referencing Trump suggesting "injecting" disinfectant to kill COVID in 2020.

"All without destroying the economy, embarrassing us around the world or itching for insurrection," he added. "Look, I wish these were jokes but they're not."

Shifting to a serious tone, the president argued democracy and freedom are under attack, a message central to his re-election campaign.

"[Vladimir] Putin's on the march in Europe. My predecessor bows down to him and says to him. 'Do whatever the hell you want.' Former American president actually said that," Biden said, going on to note Ukrainian Ambassador Oksana Markarova and Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas present in the ballroom.

"We will not bow down. They will not bow down, and I will not bow down," said a forceful Biden.

He then turned to what he called the threat at home, after "insurrectionists" stormed the Capitol over "lies" about the 2020 election. He said "the threat remains" with "poison coursing through the veins of our democracy" and accused Trump of vilifying the press.

"He calls you the enemy of the people. Even as many of you risk your life and do your job. And sometimes even give your life to do your jobs," he said, adding the U.S. is "doing everything we can to bring Evan [Gershkovich] and Austin [Tice] home," referring to an American journalist imprisoned in Russia since last year and another missing in Syria since 2012.

"Let me state the obvious, you are not the enemy of the people," Biden said. "You are a pillar of any free society. And I may not always agree with your coverage or admire it, but I do admire your courage. Good journalism holds a mirror up to a country for us to reflect the good, the bad, the truth about who we are."

"This is not hyperbole: We need you," he added. "Democracy is at risk and the American people need to know."

Vice President Kamala Harris was also in attendance at the Washington Grand Hyatt, along with at least eight other Cabinet members, at least five members of Congress and five governors, according to a program of the event.

It was the first time a president has attended the annual dinner, where cameras are not permitted, since Trump was present in 2018.

In 2022, at least 72 attendees reported testing positive for COVID after the high-profile event

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Doesn't it get old arguing all day about Trump or Biden? I think they're both completely worthless so I have no dog in the fight but the Texans are an exciting young team, the Houston Cougars have a chance at a national championship, Astros are one of the best teams in baseball and the Rockets are making a late season push. I don't see a lot of the posters here in any of those teams threads. You guys aren't changing each other's minds. Focus that energy on something positive. Just a suggestion

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You don’t want to pay $18! for a Big Mac or $20? I see you nor cal
    Vote for whomever you want

Elon built that company in your neck of the woods
    @basso
    Then he moved it to Austin Texas

for reasons

basso likes this.
  16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Don't eat fast food and you couldn't pay me to live in Cali. Hate that place outside of for a weekend

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You got til November then the results will tell you what you need to know

18. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

"McDonald's annual net income for 2023 was $8.469B, a 37.09% increase from 2022. McDonald's annual net income for 2022 was $6.177B, a 18.13% decline from 2021. McDonald's annual net income for 2021 was $7.545B, a 59.5% increase from 2020."

But yeah Binden's policies are causing inflation, not corporate greed. McDonald's would still be exceeding previous years' profits without increasing proces to the degree they have.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't the only ones.

Xopher likes this.