1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Success at negotiating?

Muffaka can’t find his way from a speech without an Easter bunny guiding him.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Biden has achieved three landmark legislations with a divided Congress during a highly partisan period. Trump talked about infrastructure weekly but got nothing done because he couldn't negotiate successfully with his OWN party. Obama, despite having a supermajority, was only able to get through one landmark act (Obamacare).
    • 2021: $1 Trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
      • Took months of negotiation with the Progressive wing and Republicans.
    • 2022: $280B Chips and Science Act
      • 24 Republicans broke with their party to vote for it. Bernie Sanders voted against it, but a number of Republican senators voted for it.
    • 2022: $700B IRA
      • Was publicly considered dead, but negotiations continued in secret. It took 2 years.
    • 2023: Biden and McCarthy deal to avoid US default
      • The deal was surprisingly much better for Biden and the Democrats. McCarthy eventually lost his job over this. In private, he said Biden was sharp and substantive in their negotiations.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

El_Conquistador, basso and Salvy like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Again why can't you dipshits live in reality. The republican speaker of the house said himself biden himself negotiated the debt ceiling deal by himself with no help. You dipshits keep claiming I'm in some cult for literally just speaking the truth.

Show me a single republican in congress who said biden was had at negotiating? Show us one. Nobody ever talks about policy or real issues no more.

You folks make everything so toxic

#6005 astros123, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    No Worries and Space Ghost like this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Trump- "nobody in America speaks Spanish you know the languages these migrants speak"

Biden looks around- "Biden was a disaster!! He's so demented"

Its just utterly insane the double standards the MAGAT dipshits have. Ive said this a million times but biden and trump are too old to be running.

The only difference is the MAGATs claim their cult leader is perfectly well. I can show you 1000 videos of trump saying demented senile stuff.

I wish both Biden and trump can both disappear

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You proved nothing other than mouthing off.

he’s a clown

8. astros123

astros123 Member

You just said biden doesn't have the ability to negotiate but somehow every republican that's spoken to biden in negotiations has said biden has been very sharp and and detailed in negotiations.

Kevin Mccarthy supported Trump and wanted Biden impeached. Why in the world would he lie about biden being sharp during negotiations when he wanted him impeached.

This forum genuinely has the dumbest dipshits on the internet. No substance or policy instead just dipshit conspiracies all day.

Again I still want biden and trump to both step down. I'm not a braindead dipshit

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. astros123

astros123 Member

I would genuinely pay a thousand dollars to watch trump attempt to ride a bike

Space Ghost likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Right-wingnut media reports ... Dark Brandon has secured the border!!!

That's why I'm ... Riding with Biden.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dementia Don is just playing like a demented old fool in public ... and Biden fell for it ... 4D chess.

#6012 No Worries, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

link should work for everyone

Voters Doubt Biden’s Leadership and Favor Trump, Times/Siena Poll Finds
    The share of voters who strongly disapprove of President Biden’s handling of his job has reached 47 percent, higher than in Times/Siena polls at any point in his presidency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/02/...e_code=1.Zk0.I5lR.5Ic3POzp2ol7&smid=url-share

excerpt:

President Biden is struggling to overcome doubts about his leadership inside his own party and broad dissatisfaction over the nation’s direction, leaving him trailing behind Donald J. Trump just as their general-election contest is about to begin, a new poll by The New York Times and Siena College has found.

With eight months left until the November election, Mr. Biden’s 43 percent support lags behind Mr. Trump’s 48 percent in the national survey of registered voters.

Only one in four voters think the country is moving in the right direction. More than twice as many voters believe Mr. Biden’s policies have personally hurt them as believe his policies have helped them. A majority of voters think the economy is in poor condition. And the share of voters who strongly disapprove of Mr. Biden’s handling of his job has reached 47 percent, higher than in Times/Siena polls at any point in his presidency.

The poll offers an array of warning signs for the president about weaknesses within the Democratic coalition, including among women, Black and Latino voters. So far, it is Mr. Trump who has better unified his party, even amid an ongoing primary contest.
    more at the link

tinman and El_Conquistador like this.
  14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

The last two sentences are blatant lies. You constantly defend Biden

15. Commodore

16. astros123

astros123 Member

I defend biden against Trump cuz we won't have another election in our lifetime agin if trump wins. Trump didn't expect to win in 2016 which is why he stacked his admin with republican establishment folks who kept him somewhat in check.

This time he has 45k people ready to take over various government agencies who will be super loyal to him. Go read what project 2025 talks about.

Biden has said in public that the only reason he's running is bcz Trump is on the ballot. If Trump wasn't running biden wouldn't be winning and I'd be 10000x happier

Believe me I def aren't jumping in joy over biden but I know the stakes of the election. Im socially conservative and don't buy into none of bidens lgbtq stuff. I'd be open to voting republican in the future if they got their **** together r

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Well nobody should be defending Trump. I'm with you there (and on the LBGTQ nonsense) Biden is just a terrible candidate too. My biggest concern is if he passes we get Harris.

And I respect your perspective. Whoever is the best candidate after we are done with Trump and Biden (and Harris)

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve never liked Biden personally. Even 20
    Years ago I found his personality very annoying and would mock his “folksiness”. He’s always been gaffe prone. He’s plagiarized speeches and writings. A lot of the gaffes he makes now he was also doing back in the 80’s.

For me though there has never been a perfect politician and given how complicated this world is though with so many issues with no easy solutions presidents are almost always going to need to make compromise and it is impossible to satisfy every interest group.

Biden in his first term has been able to get many things passed including things that Trump promised but never delivers on. While Ukraine and Gaza seem intractable Biden’s walked the line of keeping Ukraine from being overrun while not committing US troops. He’s not just held NaTO together but even grown it.

I don’t believe Presidents have much direct control over the economy but the stimulus and policies bringing manufacturing back to the US has helped the US have the strongest post recovery of any country.

The most important thing is that Trump not only has said he won’t follow the Constitution he also tried to undermine it when he was president. For all of the problems that we have and disagreements over issues the Constitutional framework especially the peaceful transfer of power is what has kept our country mostly stable and peaceful. The civil war was devastating but we only had one while many countries in the same as we have existed have had multiple. Issues like abortion, border security, gun control are divisive issues but all can be addressed peacefully through the Constitution. If we allow that to fall then the only alternative to major change is civil war.

Andre0087 and T_Man like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NYT is piling on

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 5.43.18 PM.png

20. Commodore