1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The ancient time of four years ago, lol. You are silly. I of course was not forgetting that 2020 happened. I was pointing out the baseline was lower than the current levels and the declines you were talking about were down from the elevated levels of 2020-21. I don't agree that the pandemic was necessarily the cause. There was another major event that caused a lot of unrest, if you recall.
    I, of course, did not blame Biden for the historic rise, nor do I give him credit for a regression toward where things were before.

Astrodome and basso like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I agree with StupidMoniker, Biden has little to do with the increase or subsequent decrease in homicides. There are people out there though that will blame every bad thing on Biden in hope of some kind of political advantage, no matter how ridiculous the premise. So, unfortunately we do get stuck with debunking the dumb argument.

StupidMoniker likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Member

Historic? Like we will be talking about this decades, centuries, millennia from now?

Invisible Fan, basso and astros123 like this.
  4. StupidMoniker

Historic as in one of the largest year over year increases in all the time we have been keeping that data. It was also the term being used by the poster to whom I was responding. I wouldn't say that something has to be talked about for 2,000 years to be historic though, no.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Biden for the first time in modern history gave a blank check of cash to every single city/county in America. Were talking about 350 billion dollars split up into every county in the country and Dems allowed the state/local police departments to use the extra cash to hire more cops and alot of smaller towns did that.

We're talking about every county in the country regardless of size getting hundreads of millions of dollars in cash allowing them to use it for whatever policing methods they wanted to. Alot of this money went out in 2022 and alot of cities used the millions of dollars to upgrade their police gear and hire more cops.

Just stating facts

you dont think biden giving police departments billions of dollars in 2022 to help with staff shortages and other issues helped reduce crime at all?

Im in the camp of FUNDING THE POLICE and good things happen.

6. StupidMoniker

350 billion dollars and we still couldn't get back to 2019 levels? BLM really ****ed this country up.

7. T_Man

T_Man Member

[​IMG]

T_Man

astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'd side with BLM over the average bottom feeding attorney in this country any day. I see why the suicide rate is so high among people in your profession.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

She convinced me... I am looking elsewhere...

astros123, Amiga, Ottomaton and 2 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Not only didn't cure cancer, but also has the time to run prostitution rings...

B-Bob likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

13. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Orange man says hi. Gotta admit the irony is delicious. Lol

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah Jaime Dimon goes on praising trump the day after biden announces he's forcing banks to get rid of overdraft fees and the same losers can't connect basic dots. Banks make billions on overdraft fees.

Amazing how we let billionaires and bank CEOs influence our society as if they're not scumbag losers.

#5676 astros123, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    B-Bob likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As an aside

When is Dimon running for President? He has that aspiration and considered entering the 2020 race.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

He wouldn't make it past super Tuesday. Bankers are filthy scumbags who should be ridiculed at every step.

mtbrays likes this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Where do you think the banks are going to make up this money? Or do you think banks are charities? Let them go bankrupt like Spirit, right?

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Maybe chase can cut back on the billions they're spending on stock buybacks which does nothing but artificially inflate the price of their stock.

You do realize spirit could've made the defense that the merger was necessary to stay in business right? There's something calling the failing firm defense which argues that the company needs to merger or else they'll go out of business. They didn't make the argument and in reality their execs argued that their company would be fine even if it didn't go through.

You libertarians are so embarrassing @StupidMoniker . Stop ass kissing billionaires and big corporations. They will always hate us regular people