1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Gioan Baotixita

Watch till the end 3:20. LOL
    Let's go Brandon

#481 Gioan Baotixita, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Gioan Baotixita

Did Brandon really pooped his pants yesterday in Rome?

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

oops. Wrong thread.

#486 leroy, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    No Worries likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

as points of reference,

Reagan / Clinton also had terrible approval ratings during their first year in office;
    they both went on to clean up the mess left behind by their predecessors,
    paving the way to become popular 2-term presidents​

8. Gioan Baotixita

Terrifying, if I were in the passenger’s seat, I would soiled my pants. I wonder how many times the guy next to Brandon said “ no no no, that’s not the brakes”.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That victory is Biden's. He got those Republican votes.

No Worries likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes a lot can change in a year and especially in three years. Biden is doing the right thing in pushing his agenda rather than paying attention to the polls. These policies take time to implement and we might be looking at a very different situation months from now.

DVauthrin, IBTL and Andre0087 like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

God you guys have the dumbest sense of humor.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's actually pretty sweet. I'd still prefer the F150 lightning though.

Once there's enough inventory out there to give the market choices, I really don't think Tesla's will be anything special, and more of a KIA type of brand.

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

What a coward with Let's Go Brandon. Say it like a man, you b**** face to face.

DVauthrin and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Would definitely want some fresh blood running in 2024. I don't think Biden vs Trump part II goes as well. Democrats need an Obama like figure.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/23/three-cheers-lets-go-brandon/

Opinion: Three cheers for ‘Let’s Go Brandon’

By Marc A. Thiessen
    Columnist
    Yesterday at 4:39 p.m. EST

As someone who served six years in the White House, I have a deep respect for the office of the presidency — even when I don’t particularly like or respect the current occupant. So when chants of “F--- Joe Biden!” began to spontaneously erupt at college football games, National Football League games and even the Ryder Cup, I was not a fan.

But “Let’s go Brandon!”? Now, that’s a whole different story.

The “Let’s go Brandon!” chant emerged at Alabama’s Talladega Superspeedway, while NBC reporter Kelli Stavast was interviewing NASCAR driver Brandon Brown. As the raucous crowd behind him broke into a loud “F--- Joe Biden” chant, Stavast told Brown “You can hear the chants from the crowd — let’s go Brandon!” Anyone watching knew that was not what the crowd was saying. Suddenly a meme was born. Instead of “F--- Joe Biden” crowds at sporting events began chanting “Let’s go Brandon!” instead. The phrase has been emblazoned on T-shirts, highway billboards and banners flown behind planes over football stadiums.

Count me among those in favor of the new chant.

First, it replaces a vulgar epithet with a sarcastic commentary on Biden’s disastrous presidency. The focus shifts from insulting Biden the person, to well justified mockery of Biden’s catastrophic actions in office. Worst inflation in 30 years? Let’s go Brandon! Gas prices up $1.31 a gallon since his election? Let’s go Brandon! Home heating prices skyrocketing? Let’s go Brandon! Self-inflicted crisis at the southern border? Let’s go Brandon! Left hundreds of Americans behind in Afghanistan? Let’s go Brandon! Can’t find a Thanksgiving turkey or the Christmas gifts your kids want because store shelves are bare? Let’s go Brandon! Approval rating dropped to 36 percent? Let’s go Brandon!

Second, the new chant literally arose from “fake news” — a reporter misreporting what an anti-Biden crowd was saying. The moment encapsulated everything that many conservatives find wrong with the president’s media enablers, who they believe lie about them to cover for him. “Let’s go Brandon!” mocks not just Biden, but pro-Biden media bias.

Third, it’s funny. People are using it in hilarious ways. In Virginia, someone broke into the control cabinets for two electronic road signs and changed the messaging to read “Let’s go Brandon!” When Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis held a signing ceremony for a legislation barring vaccine mandates in his state, he held it in Brandon, Fla.. In Brandon, Minn., someone put the words “Let’s go” in front of six signs welcoming visitors to the city.

For those outraged by it, ask yourself: Is “Let’s go Brandon!” really worse than the chants of “Not my president!” that greeted Donald Trump on his election? And let’s not forget that Trump opponents did not hesitate to use vulgarity to express their disgust with him. At the 2018 Tony Awards, Robert De Niro got a standing ovation when he yelled “F--- Trump!” from the Broadway stage. And after Trump lost to Biden in 2020, “FDT” (“F--- Donald Trump”) by rappers YG and Nipsey Hussle became the No. 1 song on iTunes. A raucous crowd of Biden supporters playing the song and holding “F--- Trump” signs even made it onto a CNN broadcast. The network did not bother to come up with a euphemism.

“Let’s go Brandon!” is far from the worst thing that has been said about an American president. During the George W. Bush administration, I listened to protesters beat drums in Lafayette Square day and night while chanting “Bush lied and people died!” During Watergate, Richard M. Nixon faced chants of “Jail the Chief!” from his opponents. When President Grover Cleveland was rumored to have fathered a child out of wedlock, his opponents chanted: “Ma, ma, where’s my pa?” (To which Cleveland’s supporters responded: “Gone to the White House, ha, ha, ha!”) Ulysses S. Grant was called “a drunken trowser-maker.” Franklin Pierce was called the “pimp of the White House.” Abraham Lincoln was mocked by his opponents as “the nightman” (someone who empties commodes at night). John Adams was declared “a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, not the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.”

By those standards, “Let’s go Brandon!” seems downright tame.

The only ones hurt by the chant are kids named Brandon whose parents can no longer cheer for them at sporting events. Otherwise, it is a perfectly harmless and humorous way for Americans to express their frustration at a flailing — and failing — presidency.​

17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

LOL, good one. I'd expect nothing less from you.

18. Gioan Baotixita

What's wrong with you man?

19. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

You mad General? I'm surprised your troll account has lasted this long honestly. Better get back before @IBTL busts your ass with the eviction notice.

20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm with you completely. Although... If I were a celebrity in need of attention, or a rich billionaire with time on my hands, I could probably be persuaded to kick some tires.