1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Biden Cabinet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 7, 2020.

1. adoo

adoo Member

the return to competence !

President-elect Joe Biden on Monday selected Dr. Rochelle Walensky to run the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when his administration takes office next month.

Walensky teaches at Harvard Medical School and is an infectious disease physician at both Massachusetts General Hospital and the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, according to her biography on the former hospital's website.

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-.../biden-names-massachusetts-doctor-to-lead-cdc

Biden has also selected Xavier Becerra, the Democratic attorney general of California, as his nominee for secretary of health and human services, tapping a former congressman who would be the first Latino to run the department as it battles the surging coronavirus pandemic.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

How many apartment complexes does she own?

Nook, Dubious and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL...

Dubious, adoo and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

When you think retrumplicans can't go any lower... as long as trump and his sycophants like cruz keeps filing frivlous suits, the retrumplican senate won't confirm President Bidens cabinet nominees.

Biden should simply name a series of "acting" cabinet. And not care if they are confirmable or not. Opens the door for Warren, Yates, Rice...

CometsWin likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think "Acting" Attorney General Andrew Wiseman sounds pretty good right about now.

ROCKSS and Dubious like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Heh... and so it begins...

No Worries likes this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am hearing that Biden is getting great pressure to have a high level LGBTQ appointee.

Hopefully it will not be lIke the Black oil and gas guy appointed to Environmental Advisor. Or like the recently retired Black General to now defense contractor lobbyist appointed to Pentagon Chief who will undoubtedly spend his time in the Cabinet upping his monetary value for when he recycles back to the military industrial complex. Who cares about policy.? A first on Identity or "diversity" will exite the MSNBC/NYT crowd and give a patina of progressivity in their minds.

Ok, better than Trump, so be quiet.

CometsWin and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well best to keep this war hawk away from foreign policy, though I am sure she will still lobby Biden for some hot war, drone or murderous sanction action.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yes, way better than the unqualified lunatics that trump regularly gave power. So yes, trumpers shut up. No idea If you are one or not.

I’m tired of trumpers never shutting up, having double standards, engaging in intellectual dishonesty, and basically being ignorant dumbs asses whose intellect and honesty are inversely proportional to their never ending desire to utter the next idiotic thought in their heads. The world was a much better place before trump made it acceptable to say stupid things with impunity, and then play the victim and cry censorship or woke culture or cancel culture.

if you’re not a trumper, I suspect you totally agree with me.

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Can we call it a Bidet?

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Mayor Pete...

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't make sense to appoint Mayor Pete to Transportation Secretary, but I'll take it! I would of thought Biden would appoint someone with a bit more experience in that sector.

15. NewRoxFan

Granholm should be a lot easier to get approved than Jay Inslaw...

No Worries and baller4life315 like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Awesome pick... one of my favorite congresswomen... and as a Native American, I am especially proud today.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's definitely not a Trumper. He's just someone who doesn't cheerlead establishment Democrats and pretend they act out of pragmatism rather than corporate lobbying influence like many here do.

London'sBurning likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Mayor Pete pulled out of the primaries at the right time. He needs to be rewarded.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you. I'm a Pete fan, so I'm happy that he got a position, just doesn't make sense for it to be the transportation secretary, although I know he will be fine.

20. fchowd0311

I was being sarcastic. I'm just showing how Biden rewards his friends in high places. At least he isn't hiring his son but let's not pretend being qualified is always the number one criteria for these picks. It's "I scratch your back and you scratch my back" decision making.

ElPigto likes this.