1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden being president-elect is just an idea

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 11, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Win at the Supreme Court level by challenging the fact that ballots were not treated equally across all counties in certain states... thus forcing those states to either throw the ballots out or simply not submit their electoral votes. This would put the electoral count for both of them under 270, thus you would need the house to decide. In this instance, house delegates from each state get a vote.... those delegates are chosen by the states legislatures which are overwhelmingly red. As a result, Trump presidency.

Possible yet. Likely? Probably not. I will admit Biden is the LIKELY president elect at the moment. I just think it's hilarious how so many people can't handle a simple fact about our election system... he's not technically the president elect. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What I got from this post is I could win the lottery. Even though I never play, but with finding a winning ticket on the ground which I would never pick up but would because there is flashing neon light with an arrow pointing to said winning ticket that says “MULTI MILLION DOLLAR WINNING LOTTERY TICKET!”

So the odds are about the same 1 in about 500 trillion of either happening. That’s real neat. Your psychosis is interesting sir.

T_Man likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Strike whatever. Biden is president elect, just as Trump was in November 2016. YOU are the only one denying that (with the exception of Trump and his minions). and... actually Trump has acknowledged it since he advised the GSA to release funding. But... you keep believing what you want.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I just said it's unlikely yet I have psychosis? I just outlined Trump's legal strategy... literally one of them. There are other paths I am sure but that is actually pretty compelling from a Constitutional Law standpoint because of the 14th Amendment.... I'll wait why you Google it. In Bush V Gore it was established that counties HAVE TO treat ballots the same. In places like PA... they were not. Republicans were systematically denied the equal opportunities to inspect the ballots in many key locations. Those ballots could be declared null and void, and that would piss a bunch of people off. Enough so that the states may not be able to honestly say they have a victor. Again, this goes back to the 14th amendment. I mean it's more likely than the odds you give it lol. I largely expect Biden to be made the president elect on the expected date when the time comes.

Also to note... some ballots were accepted past the deadline in places... I think PA? This was after the state surpreme court changed the date even though that duty is legally not their territory. This is another argument that could nullify votes.

And before you "So you're saying there's a chance" meme... I am saying that yes.. there is a chance... though it's not 1 out of 500 trillion. The odds are far better than that. Especially if this is left up to a conservative leaning Supreme Court and then conservative leaning state legislatures... though we all know Republicans are weak in the knees and will likely break ranks. They always do.

#204 dachuda86, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Legally he isn't. Releasing funding isn't acknowledging it. It is precautionary, but you aren't a mind reader so please give me a quote from Trump conceding and acknowledging it. Likely he just doesn't want to get sued once Biden likely is elected, which the odds are in his favor.

6. bobrek

And this is from the Presidential transition act that the GSA just referenced in her letter to Biden:

Once the PRESIDENT-ELECT and Vice President-elect have been ascertained by the GSA Administrator, the PTA authorizes the Administrator to provide them with services and resources in addition to those that were provided to them as candidates. GSA’s transition support is authorized to continue after the new President and Vice President take office.

7. Nook

Nook Member

There is a better chance that you are have conjugal relations with two Armenian men than it is that the Supreme Court is going to throw out tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of ballots from US voters...... it is even less likely that the US Supreme Court is going to invalidate millions of voters by taking away electoral votes from an entire state, or multiple states.

Joe Biden will be sworn in as President of the United States and will begin his term.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. bobrek

@dachuda86

I translated my previous post to Armenian for you.
    Screenshot_20201125-120623_Google.jpg

Nook likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I mean you could have just shortened it to... "Oh, good point. Let's wait for our electoral college to do its job."

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That's like their opinion maaan.

But seriously... wait for the electoral college to do its job.

Because... wait for it....

It's November 25, 2020 and Joe "president-elect sign hanging" Biden is still not the actual president-elect yet.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh ok so the myriad of court cases Trump’s legal team of ineptitude have lost have disproven your systematically BS. But that will flip 35-40 electoral votes. Surrrreeeeee

Again about as likely as commodore 50/50 prediction that Trump wins the popular vote. Which had zero chance of happening.

awful candidates like H Clinton and Biden and millions of people still preferred them over fat ass Trump just accept it. He is extremely dislikable. And it took a perfect storm of Rodham Clinton for him to win. And with the worst favoribilty ratings during his four years of office ever has to now gtfo of the whitehouse just like he deserves. Awful human being on all levels.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So I'm assuming you didn't consider Trump president elect until all the electors casted their vote in 2016?

13. bobrek

Except for the fact that Biden is considered President Elect... even by the current administration. He becomes more entrenched as President once the electoral college meets and is officially President shortly after noon on 01/20. But you go ahead and keep on proclaiming he is not currently President elect.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/22/politics/what-matters-for-november-22/index.html

From the dirty scum bags at CNN:

"Biden won, but the election is still not over. Here are the key dates to watch"

President Donald Trump's struggle to deny the results of the election is now up against an existential threat: a rapid succession of states due to certify their election results before the critical date of December 8.

Certification is usually just a formality. But the process has taken on new importance this year as Trump's legal team has sought to delay the finalization of results -- a strategy aimed at denying Joe Biden his due victory in the Electoral College, which votes December 14.
    The idea is that if there's no certification, then Republican-run state legislatures in a few key states -- especially Michigan and Pennsylvania -- could appoint pro-Trump slates of presidential electors, even though Biden won the popular vote in those states.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It wasn't contested so it never took my consideration at the time. I know you want to say oohhhhhhhhh hypocrite got yoU!!!! But really 2020 and this mess is not at all the same can of worms as 2016.

16. bobrek

Nook likes this.
  17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Nice!!!

[​IMG]

T_Man

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Literally he isn't the P.E. since the election is contested and he hasn't been elected by the electoral college. I'm not sure why it bothers you. Go ahead and call him President Elect bro. Hell, call me an some dude with 2 Armenians. The more you say it has little effect on how untrue it is.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's hanging on to a what he sees as a technicality to make him feel better...feel better about all of the lies and incredible amounts of bulls*** that he's fallen for time and time again. He's clearly deeply into the cult that is trumpybear-ism and hanging on to any thread of hope that all he was told wasn't the obvious horse s*** that it is. His delusion only gets stronger the more people react to him.